|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the green and yellow parrot repeat?
(a) "Please help me".
(b) "You're an angel".
(c) "You're the best man I ever met".
(d) "I love you".
2. Where does Violet's father travel to look for work?
(a) The North.
(c) The Midwest.
3. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
(a) He is trying to shoot someone else.
(b) She tries to rob him.
(c) He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
(d) He wants to capture her forever.
4. What does Malvonne find behind her refrigerator?
(a) An old diamond ring.
(b) A box of money.
(c) A coin collection.
(d) A sack of stolen mail.
5. What does Violet do when the cotton crop is harvested?
(a) She stays in the neighborhood and works for a family.
(b) She becomes a teacher.
(c) She goes back to Virginia.
(d) She raises children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
2. What are the Civic Daughters planning when Joe delivers the cosmetics?
3. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
4. Where does Dorcas insist Joe take her?
5. Why do Joe and Violet continue to dance standing in the train car?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)