|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
(a) All blacks must leave the train car.
(b) No black couples remain together.
(c) Breakfast is being served.
(d) It is time to separate from the white customers.
2. What does Violet regret when she turns forty?
(a) Not taking better care of her skin.
(b) Never having children.
(c) Not having been loved deeply enough.
(d) Getting married so early.
3. Where does Violet's father travel to look for work?
(a) The North.
(c) The Midwest.
4. What happens to Violet's mother after her father leaves the family?
(a) She earns an education.
(b) She becomes incapacitated.
(c) She becomes insane and tries to kill her children.
(d) She remarries and becomes abusive.
5. What is the reaction from Joe's friends and family when he and Violet move to the city?
(a) They are disappointed and vow never to speak to Joe again.
(b) They are glad Joe and Violet are moving away.
(c) They are overjoyed for the couple.
(d) They are surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
2. Where does Dorcas insist Joe take her?
3. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
4. What does Malvonne include in the letter from Hot Steam to Daddy Sage?
5. What happens to Violet after she attacks Dorcas's body?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)