|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Violet put the picture of Dorcas?
(a) In the oven.
(b) On the front door.
(c) Under Joe's pillow.
(d) On the mantel.
2. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a nurse for a black doctor.
(c) Cleans wealthy people's homes.
(d) Cooks in a nearby restaurant.
3. What does Violet try to do to Dorcas's face?
(a) Disfigure it with a knife.
(b) Apply more makeup.
(c) Make it look older.
(d) Make it look younger.
4. What does Violet do in response to her crazy episodes?
(a) She becomes more and more silent.
(b) She becomes a musician.
(c) She writes in her journal.
(d) She goes to find a priest.
5. What does Violet wear that makes her look crazy?
(a) An overcoat.
(c) Long stockings.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe selling when he meets Dorcas?
2. What happens to Violet's mother after her father leaves the family?
3. How is Violet described by the author?
4. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
5. Who lives with Joe on Lenox Avenue?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)