|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet find in the bottom of the parrot's cage?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A pen.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shoe.
2. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
(a) They are crazy.
(b) To report restaurants serving alcohol.
(c) As a way to keep Dorcas from misbehaving.
(d) They imagine they hear thieves in their home.
3. Why doesn't Violet sleep at night?
(a) She is awakened by nightmares.
(b) She sleeps too much during the day.
(c) Joe snores loudly.
(d) The birds are gone.
4. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a nurse for a black doctor.
(c) Cooks in a nearby restaurant.
(d) Cleans wealthy people's homes.
5. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
(a) He wants to capture her forever.
(b) She tries to rob him.
(c) He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
(d) He is trying to shoot someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe see in Dorcas's picture?
2. Where does Violet stop to have two malts?
3. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
4. What does Joe buy Dorcas the first day they meet?
5. How does Alice describe Dorcas?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)