|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
(a) They imagine they hear thieves in their home.
(b) To report restaurants serving alcohol.
(c) They are crazy.
(d) As a way to keep Dorcas from misbehaving.
2. What does Violet do in response to her crazy episodes?
(a) She becomes a musician.
(b) She becomes more and more silent.
(c) She writes in her journal.
(d) She goes to find a priest.
3. Why does Malvonne want to make sure the young black girl's letter gets to the law school?
(a) She is threatened by the police.
(b) She is afraid the girl has to get a low-paying job instead.
(c) The young black girl is Malvonne's daughter.
(d) She is afraid she is reported for having stolen mail.
4. Who does Alice try to teach Dorcas to avoid?
(a) All other blacks.
(b) White male teenagers and adults.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) Social workers and teachers.
5. What does Violet see in Dorcas's picture?
(a) A sweet, beautiful woman.
(b) An angry, disturbed teenager.
(c) A friendly, mature girl.
(d) A stubborn girl needing a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malvonne include in the letter from Hot Steam to Daddy Sage?
2. What does Joe see in Dorcas's picture?
3. Who moves to Chicago?
4. What does Violet try to do to Dorcas's face?
5. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)