|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
(a) Cleans wealthy people's homes.
(b) She is a nurse for a black doctor.
(c) Cooks in a nearby restaurant.
(d) She is a seamstress.
2. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
(b) Specific dates.
(c) What they buy as a couple.
(d) The dresses that she wears.
3. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(a) Five dollars an hour.
(b) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
(c) Two dollars a month.
4. What does Dorcas rescue from her home as a small child?
(a) Her pet kitten.
(b) Her clothespin dolls.
(c) She decides not to rescue anything.
(d) A photo album.
5. What does Alice protect Dorcas from?
(c) Seductive and violent music.
(d) Unhealthy habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
2. Where do Dorcas's clothespin dolls lay?
3. How is Violet described by the author?
4. What is the reaction from Joe's friends and family when he and Violet move to the city?
5. What does Joe see in Dorcas's picture?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)