|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the same day Dorcas's mother is burned in the house fire?
(a) She is arrested by the police for murder.
(b) Dorcas is fired from her job.
(c) Dorcas's father is killed during a race riot.
(d) She overdoses on medication.
2. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
(b) The dresses that she wears.
(c) What they buy as a couple.
(d) Specific dates.
3. Why do Joe and Violet continue to dance standing in the train car?
(a) They aren't hungry.
(b) They do not want to lose their places.
(c) They do not want to be separated by the table.
(d) They are afraid to sit down for fear they are punished.
4. Who does Joe pray sends him a sign as he sits in the bushes?
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
(a) She tries to rob him.
(b) He is trying to shoot someone else.
(c) He wants to capture her forever.
(d) He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malvonne find behind her refrigerator?
2. What happens to Dorcas's mother?
3. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
4. Who tells Violet Dorcas's address?
5. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)