|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't a fire truck intervene during the house fire in Dorcas's home?
(a) It is out of gas.
(b) All the firemen are on strike.
(c) It is broken down.
(d) It is waiting for a fire in a white neighborhood.
2. What does Violet see in Dorcas's picture?
(a) A friendly, mature girl.
(b) A sweet, beautiful woman.
(c) A stubborn girl needing a haircut.
(d) An angry, disturbed teenager.
3. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
(a) He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
(b) He is trying to shoot someone else.
(c) She tries to rob him.
(d) He wants to capture her forever.
4. What is Joe selling when he meets Dorcas?
5. What does Violet steal during one of her crazy episodes?
(a) A television.
(b) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
2. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
3. What does Joe buy Dorcas the first day they meet?
4. How is Violet described by the author?
5. Who does Dorcas stay with when Alice goes to work?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)