|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
(a) Alice and Dorcas are second cousins.
(b) Alice and Dorcas are sisters.
(c) Alice is Dorcas's aunt.
(d) Dorcas is Alice's daughter.
2. How is Violet described by the author?
(a) Chubby and pleasant.
(b) Skinny and over fifty.
(c) Attractive and haunting.
(d) Wrinkly and harsh.
3. What does Violet see in Dorcas's picture?
(a) A friendly, mature girl.
(b) An angry, disturbed teenager.
(c) A stubborn girl needing a haircut.
(d) A sweet, beautiful woman.
4. Why does Malvonne want to make sure the young black girl's letter gets to the law school?
(a) She is afraid she is reported for having stolen mail.
(b) She is afraid the girl has to get a low-paying job instead.
(c) The young black girl is Malvonne's daughter.
(d) She is threatened by the police.
5. What does Dorcas rescue from her home as a small child?
(a) Her clothespin dolls.
(b) A photo album.
(c) Her pet kitten.
(d) She decides not to rescue anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Violet sleep at night?
2. Who tells Violet Dorcas's address?
3. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
4. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
5. Who moves to Chicago?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)