|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joe when the plantation burns?
(a) An infant.
2. Who sits on every street corner, according to the author?
(a) Blind beggars.
(b) Blues musicians.
(c) Young prostitutes.
(d) Single mothers.
3. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
(a) It is time to separate from the white customers.
(b) Breakfast is being served.
(c) All blacks must leave the train car.
(d) No black couples remain together.
4. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Threaten him with his gun.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Hug him and make amends.
5. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
(a) He demoralizes her and hit her.
(b) He moves on to another girl.
(c) He suspects she is not really in love with him.
(d) He has the power to make or break her career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
2. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
3. Who tells Golden Gray where his father lives?
4. When does Golden Gray find out who his father is?
5. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)