|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Acton's appearance from Dorcas's point of view?
(a) He is tall and athletic.
(b) There is no description of Acton's physical appearance.
(c) He is plain-looking, but has thick hair.
(d) He is handsome and his hair has no gray in it.
2. Why do Felice and her mother go to Tiffany's?
(a) To run errands for a white lady.
(b) To create an uproar in the store.
(c) They are bored.
(d) To show that they can buy expensive jewelry.
3. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
(a) Her first husband buys it for her.
(b) Her mother gives it to her.
(c) It symbolizes her friendship with Dorcas.
(d) It is the only thing of monetary value she owns.
4. Why does Dorcas often sneak over to Felice's house?
(a) To drink alcohol without anyone else knowing.
(b) To try on the lingerie Joe gives her.
(c) To write secret love notes to send to Joe.
(d) To make private phone calls to Joe.
5. What does Joe think about Violet's crazy episodes?
(a) He thinks they are charming.
(b) He does not know about them.
(c) He thinks they are incredibly annoying.
(d) He ignores them completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
2. What does True Belle hope Vera Louise does with the extra money her mother gives her?
3. How does the white men refer to the best hunter?
4. Where does Violet's father travel to look for work?
5. What does Joe buy Dorcas the first day they meet?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)