|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malvonne want to make sure the young black girl's letter gets to the law school?
(a) She is threatened by the police.
(b) She is afraid the girl has to get a low-paying job instead.
(c) She is afraid she is reported for having stolen mail.
(d) The young black girl is Malvonne's daughter.
2. What does Malvonne do for a living?
(a) Cleans offices.
(b) Runs a daycare.
(c) Cooks for neighbors.
(d) Delivers newspapers.
3. Who does Joe pray sends him a sign as he sits in the bushes?
(b) His mother.
(d) His sister.
4. Who moves to Chicago?
(a) Rose Dear.
(c) True Belle.
(d) Sweetness, Malvonne's nephew.
5. Where do Dorcas's clothespin dolls lay?
(a) On the floor of the burnt-down home.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) In a cigar box.
(d) Within an old oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe think about Violet's crazy episodes?
2. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
3. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
4. What does Violet do in response to her crazy episodes?
5. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)