|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Violet described by the author?
(a) Wrinkly and harsh.
(b) Attractive and haunting.
(c) Skinny and over fifty.
(d) Chubby and pleasant.
2. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
3. How does Alice describe Dorcas?
(a) Beautiful but hardheaded.
(b) Funny but quiet.
(c) Ugly but pleasant.
(d) Plain but fun-loving.
4. What is special about Neola Miller?
(a) Her hair is bright yellow.
(b) Her left arm is paralyzed over her heart.
(c) She is a genius.
(d) She is deaf.
5. What does Joe see in Dorcas's picture?
(a) An aged, harsh woman.
(b) A scraggly, shy teenager.
(c) A beautiful, sweet girl.
(d) A woman who looks just like Violet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Joe and Violet continue to dance standing in the train car?
2. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
3. What does Violet steal during one of her crazy episodes?
4. Where does Violet put the picture of Dorcas?
5. What does Violet see in Dorcas's picture?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)