|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Joe and Violet continue to dance standing in the train car?
(a) They do not want to lose their places.
(b) They are afraid to sit down for fear they are punished.
(c) They do not want to be separated by the table.
(d) They aren't hungry.
2. Where do Dorcas's clothespin dolls lay?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) On the floor of the burnt-down home.
(c) Within an old oak tree.
(d) In a cigar box.
3. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
4. Why doesn't Violet sleep at night?
(a) The birds are gone.
(b) Joe snores loudly.
(c) She is awakened by nightmares.
(d) She sleeps too much during the day.
5. What happens to Dorcas's mother?
(a) She runs away to Mexico.
(b) She dies in a housefire.
(c) She is killed by a boyfriend.
(d) She gradually becomes insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
2. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
3. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
4. What does Violet try to do to Dorcas's face?
5. What is Joe selling when he meets Dorcas?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)