|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves to Chicago?
(a) Sweetness, Malvonne's nephew.
(c) True Belle.
(d) Rose Dear.
2. Why does Malvonne want to make sure the young black girl's letter gets to the law school?
(a) The young black girl is Malvonne's daughter.
(b) She is afraid she is reported for having stolen mail.
(c) She is threatened by the police.
(d) She is afraid the girl has to get a low-paying job instead.
3. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
(a) Joe and Violet.
(b) Alice Manfred.
(c) No one.
(d) Joe only.
4. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(a) Two dollars a month.
(c) Five dollars an hour.
(d) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
5. What does Joe think about Violet's crazy episodes?
(a) He ignores them completely.
(b) He thinks they are incredibly annoying.
(c) He thinks they are charming.
(d) He does not know about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Violet put the picture of Dorcas?
2. How is Violet described by the author?
3. What does Malvonne include in the letter from Hot Steam to Daddy Sage?
4. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
5. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)