|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
(a) He is trying to shoot someone else.
(b) He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
(c) She tries to rob him.
(d) He wants to capture her forever.
2. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
(c) Child abuse.
(d) The St. Louis race riots.
3. What does Dorcas put on Joe's hands?
(a) Cream and clear nail polish.
(b) White paint.
(c) Aloe vera.
(d) Butter and sugar.
4. Why doesn't a fire truck intervene during the house fire in Dorcas's home?
(a) It is broken down.
(b) It is out of gas.
(c) All the firemen are on strike.
(d) It is waiting for a fire in a white neighborhood.
5. What does Malvonne include in the letter from Hot Steam to Daddy Sage?
(a) An article about adultery.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Violet's phone number.
(d) A Bible passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
2. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
3. Where does Violet put the picture of Dorcas?
4. What does Alice protect Dorcas from?
5. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)