|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golden Gray do before caring for the naked woman?
(a) He cooks a meal and eats it.
(b) He starts a fire and boils hot water for tea.
(c) He cares for his horses and changes clothes.
(d) He finds a doctor.
2. How much debt does Joe and Violet have on the land?
(c) It is not clear.
3. Who sits on every street corner, according to the author?
(a) Blues musicians.
(b) Single mothers.
(c) Blind beggars.
(d) Young prostitutes.
4. What does Violet do after she runs from the funeral home?
(a) Releases all the birds from their cages.
(b) Takes a train back to Virginia.
(c) Tries to commit suicide.
(d) Attacks Joe while he is sleeping.
5. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
(a) Breakfast is being served.
(b) No black couples remain together.
(c) All blacks must leave the train car.
(d) It is time to separate from the white customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorcas stay with when Alice goes to work?
2. Where does Dorcas insist Joe take her?
3. Why is Violet committed to gaining weight?
4. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
5. Where do Dorcas's clothespin dolls lay?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)