|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
(a) She is smarter and sharper.
(b) She is tall and beautiful.
(c) She is much more mature than they.
(d) She wears unfashionable clothing.
2. What does True Belle sew to the hem of her dress?
(a) A one-dollar bill.
(b) Her fine silver.
(c) A picture of her daughter.
(d) Twenty-two years' wages.
3. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
(a) Pack up her belongings and leave.
(b) Put her arms around him and comfort him.
(c) Cook breakfast for him.
(d) Set his hair on fire.
4. Who does Joe pray sends him a sign as he sits in the bushes?
(a) His mother.
(d) His sister.
5. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(a) Two dollars a month.
(c) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
(d) Five dollars an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the same day Dorcas's mother is burned in the house fire?
2. What does Golden Gray find in the trees near his father's home?
3. What does Joe think about Adam and the Garden of Eden?
4. How long does it take for Joe and Violet to pay off the debt on their farm?
5. Who does the best hunter choose to be his apprentices?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)