|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the white men refer to the best hunter?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As a witch doctor.
(c) As a hypnotist.
(d) As a farce and a scam.
2. Why does Malvonne want to make sure the young black girl's letter gets to the law school?
(a) She is afraid the girl has to get a low-paying job instead.
(b) She is threatened by the police.
(c) She is afraid she is reported for having stolen mail.
(d) The young black girl is Malvonne's daughter.
3. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
(a) Alice Manfred.
(b) No one.
(c) Joe and Violet.
(d) Joe only.
4. How does True Belle know Vera Louise Gray is pregnant?
(a) She sees it in a dream.
(b) She reads Vera Louise's diary.
(c) True Belle does Vera Louise's laundry.
(d) She eavesdrops on Vera Louise's conversation.
5. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(a) Two dollars a month.
(b) Five dollars an hour.
(d) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the green and yellow parrot repeat?
2. Who sits on every street corner, according to the author?
3. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
4. Who does Dorcas stay with when Alice goes to work?
5. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)