|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
(a) A strong axe.
(b) A newborn cat.
(c) A sweet apple.
(d) A babydoll.
2. What does Dorcas put on Joe's hands?
(a) Butter and sugar.
(b) Cream and clear nail polish.
(c) White paint.
(d) Aloe vera.
3. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
(a) Breakfast is being served.
(b) All blacks must leave the train car.
(c) No black couples remain together.
(d) It is time to separate from the white customers.
4. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(b) Two dollars a month.
(c) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
(d) Five dollars an hour.
5. Who does the best hunter choose to be his apprentices?
(a) Joe and his father.
(b) Joe and Victory.
(c) Golden Gray and Lestory.
(d) Joe and Dorcas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
2. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
3. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
4. What does True Belle hope Vera Louise does with the extra money her mother gives her?
5. What does Rose tell people about why her husband leaves?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)