|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
(a) She wears unfashionable clothing.
(b) She is smarter and sharper.
(c) She is tall and beautiful.
(d) She is much more mature than they.
2. Who else is at the party with Dorcas and Acton?
(a) Other young adults.
(b) Wealthy black folk.
(c) Political figures.
(d) Acton's parents.
3. Why does Dorcas like Acton better than Joe?
(a) He is rich and talented.
(b) He doesn't abuse her like Joe.
(c) He is young and has power over her.
(d) He is more handsome and funnier.
4. Who does Dorcas cry for during her mother's funeral?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her dolls.
(d) Her father.
5. How does the author describe Acton's appearance from Dorcas's point of view?
(a) He is plain-looking, but has thick hair.
(b) There is no description of Acton's physical appearance.
(c) He is handsome and his hair has no gray in it.
(d) He is tall and athletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
2. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
3. What sort of present does Acton buy Dorcas?
4. What does Joe take with him to the park?
5. What does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)