|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe selling when he meets Dorcas?
2. What year does Joe and Violet move to the city?
(c) The author does not include a date.
3. What does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
(a) A newborn cat.
(b) A strong axe.
(c) A babydoll.
(d) A sweet apple.
4. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
(a) No one.
(b) Joe only.
(c) Alice Manfred.
(d) Joe and Violet.
5. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
(a) Put her arms around him and comfort him.
(b) Pack up her belongings and leave.
(c) Cook breakfast for him.
(d) Set his hair on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much debt does Joe and Violet have on the land?
2. Why does Joe begin tracking Dorcas down with a gun?
3. What area does the author describe in springtime?
4. What happens when Dorcas eats candy?
5. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)