|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
(b) Child abuse.
(c) The St. Louis race riots.
2. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
(d) Completely happy.
3. What are the Civic Daughters planning when Joe delivers the cosmetics?
(a) The debutante ball.
(b) Dorcas's engagement party.
(c) An Easter Egg hunt.
(d) A Thanksgiving fundraiser.
4. Why does Joe begin to feel distanced from Violet?
(a) She begins to drink excessively.
(b) He senses that she longs for a child.
(c) She tells him she wants to get a divorce.
(d) She is having an extramarital affair.
5. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
(a) He has the power to make or break her career.
(b) He suspects she is not really in love with him.
(c) He demoralizes her and hit her.
(d) He moves on to another girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorcas stay with when Alice goes to work?
2. Why does Joe begin tracking Dorcas down with a gun?
3. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
4. What area does the author describe in springtime?
5. What other girls are "after" Acton?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)