|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dorcas tell Joe she wants to break up with him?
(a) She is moving far away.
(b) She falls in love with someone else.
(c) She needs room to focus on her career.
(d) She is tired of sneaking around.
2. What area does the author describe in springtime?
(b) Central Park.
3. Who does Dorcas cry for during her mother's funeral?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her dolls.
4. Why doesn't a fire truck intervene during the house fire in Dorcas's home?
(a) It is out of gas.
(b) It is broken down.
(c) All the firemen are on strike.
(d) It is waiting for a fire in a white neighborhood.
5. Why does Dorcas hope Joe comes looking for her after she breaks up with him?
(a) So he realizes she is happy.
(b) So he understands her decision.
(c) So they make up.
(d) She he is jealous and starts a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Dorcas eats candy?
2. Why does Joe begin tracking Dorcas down with a gun?
3. How much debt does Joe and Violet have on the land?
4. How long does it take for Joe and Violet to pay off the debt on their farm?
5. How does the author describe Acton's appearance from Dorcas's point of view?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)