|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse for a black doctor.
(b) Cooks in a nearby restaurant.
(c) Cleans wealthy people's homes.
(d) She is a seamstress.
2. What does Alice protect Dorcas from?
(b) Unhealthy habits.
(c) Seductive and violent music.
3. Who else is at the party with Dorcas and Acton?
(a) Wealthy black folk.
(b) Other young adults.
(c) Acton's parents.
(d) Political figures.
4. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
(a) Completely happy.
5. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
(a) They do not have to go searching for women.
(b) They do not have to worry about segregation and racism.
(c) They have lots of money and good jobs.
(d) They have living parents and loving wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Acton's appearance from Dorcas's point of view?
2. Who sits on every street corner, according to the author?
3. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
4. What area does the author describe in springtime?
5. What sort of present does Acton buy Dorcas?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)