|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about Neola Miller?
(a) Her hair is bright yellow.
(b) She is a genius.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) Her left arm is paralyzed over her heart.
2. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
(a) They have living parents and loving wives.
(b) They do not have to go searching for women.
(c) They do not have to worry about segregation and racism.
(d) They have lots of money and good jobs.
3. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
(a) As a way to keep Dorcas from misbehaving.
(b) They imagine they hear thieves in their home.
(c) To report restaurants serving alcohol.
(d) They are crazy.
4. What does Acton do before seeking medical care for Dorcas?
(a) Cleans the blood off his jacket.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Drinks another beer.
(d) Runs after her attacker.
5. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside Joe's sample case in Chapter Eight?
2. What does Dorcas notice about Joe when he shoots her?
3. What sort of present does Acton buy Dorcas?
4. Why does Dorcas think she is falling at the party?
5. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)