|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about Neola Miller?
(a) She is a genius.
(b) Her hair is bright yellow.
(c) Her left arm is paralyzed over her heart.
(d) She is deaf.
2. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
(a) She is smarter and sharper.
(b) She is tall and beautiful.
(c) She wears unfashionable clothing.
(d) She is much more mature than they.
3. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse for a black doctor.
(b) Cleans wealthy people's homes.
(c) Cooks in a nearby restaurant.
(d) She is a seamstress.
4. Who else is at the party with Dorcas and Acton?
(a) Political figures.
(b) Other young adults.
(c) Wealthy black folk.
(d) Acton's parents.
5. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
(a) To report restaurants serving alcohol.
(b) They are crazy.
(c) As a way to keep Dorcas from misbehaving.
(d) They imagine they hear thieves in their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe think about Adam and the Garden of Eden?
2. What does Dorcas notice about Joe when he shoots her?
3. Where do Dorcas's clothespin dolls lay?
4. Who attends the parade with Dorcas in 1917?
5. How does the white men refer to the best hunter?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)