|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
(a) He adores Dorcas, no matter what she does.
(b) He is cognitively impaired.
(c) He has no sensitive side.
(d) He has no musical talent.
2. Who does Alice try to teach Dorcas to avoid?
(a) Social workers and teachers.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) All other blacks.
(d) White male teenagers and adults.
3. What is inside Joe's sample case in Chapter Eight?
(b) A red handkerchief.
(c) Drugs and guns.
(d) Dorcas's clothespin dolls.
4. What does Alice protect Dorcas from?
(b) Seductive and violent music.
(c) Unhealthy habits.
5. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
(a) They have lots of money and good jobs.
(b) They do not have to worry about segregation and racism.
(c) They do not have to go searching for women.
(d) They have living parents and loving wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
2. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
3. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
4. What other girls are "after" Acton?
5. What is the true reason Dorcas breaks up with Joe?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)