1. Who lives with Joe on Lenox Avenue?
(b) Golden Gray.
2. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
(a) Shotguns and cocaine.
(b) Piles of newspapers.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Birds and houseplants.
3. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
(a) He is trying to shoot someone else.
(b) He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
(c) She tries to rob him.
(d) He wants to capture her forever.
4. Where does Violet go when she finds out about Joe's affair?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) The funeral parlor.
(d) Under their bed.
5. What does Violet try to do to Dorcas's face?
(a) Make it look older.
(b) Disfigure it with a knife.
(c) Apply more makeup.
(d) Make it look younger.
6. How is Violet described by the author?
(a) Attractive and haunting.
(b) Skinny and over fifty.
(c) Chubby and pleasant.
(d) Wrinkly and harsh.
7. How does Violet decide to get back at Joe?
(a) Have an affair in their home.
(b) Leave Joe forever.
(c) Become pregnant.
(d) Kill his pet dog.
This section contains 4,698 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)