* The book opens by describing the place where Violet and Joe live on Lenox Avenue.
* Violet goes to the funeral parlor to disfigure Dorcas's face, but the men at the funeral parlor throw her out.
* Violet goes home and releases her birds into the snow.
* She tries to have an extramarital affair out of revenge, but she is not satisfied.
* Violet wants to learn more about Dorcas, so she goes to visit Dorcas's aunt.
* Violet develops an uncomfortable friendship with Dorcas's aunt, who gives Violet a picture of Dorcas.
* Violet puts the picture of Dorcas on the mantle, where it bothers both she and Joe.
* Violet wonders if she is crazy or not and thinks back to when she steals a baby out of a pram.
* Joe does not know that she has crazy episodes, but knows she sometimes says crazy things.
* Violet finds a knife in...
This section contains 1,658 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)