|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scares Jazmin's would-be attacker away?
2. How old was CeCe when he left home?
3. What does Jazmin smoke at Carlton's apartment?
4. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
5. What does Jazmin tell CeCe they should get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
2. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
3. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
4. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
5. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
6. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
7. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
8. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
9. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
10. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Crew in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the way that Jazmin handled the situation with Carlton. How else might Jazmin have handled this situation? What should she have done differently?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)