|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jazmin know her father was in serious condition?
2. What does Jazmin call her haircut?
3. What did Brenda do to Jazmin?
4. What famous female movie character does Jazmin remember laughing?
5. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
2. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
3. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
4. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
5. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
6. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
7. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
8. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
9. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
10. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the theme of racism as presented in the novel. How is Jazmin impacted by others' opinion of her based on her skin color? How does she try to overcome this bias?
Essay Topic 3
Jazmin shows a great will to live and to succeed in life even though she may not have come from the best situation. Why do you believe Jazmin has such a strong will to survive? Why don't more people have this same will?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)