|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
2. What is Jazmin eating in her dream?
3. What did Jazmin do when it would storm?
4. What is Jazmin wearing in her dream?
5. What did Brenda do to Jazmin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
2. Why does Jazmin skip school?
3. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
4. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
5. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
6. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
7. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
8. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
9. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
10. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the racial atmosphere of the time period in which this novel is set. How does Jazmin handle racism when it touches her life? What is her attitude toward people who look down on her because she is black?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)