|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many counselors has Jazmin had in her life?
2. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
3. Who tries to molest Jazmin?
4. With what singer is Crew singing?
5. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
2. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
3. What types of people does Jazmin say shouldn't be parents?
4. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
5. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
6. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
7. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
8. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
9. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
10. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jazmin's ideas about parenting. Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)