|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
2. What does Jazmin call her haircut?
3. What is Jazmin eating in her dream?
4. Over what did Jazmin and CeCe play fight?
5. After what did CeCe send Jazmin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
2. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
3. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
4. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
5. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
6. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
7. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
8. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
9. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
10. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the incident where Jazmin and her sister ran away from their abusive foster home. Jazmin believes they were assisted by angels in making it to their mother's apartment safely. Do you agree with Jazmin? Can you think of any other explanations for this experience?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the racial atmosphere of the time period in which this novel is set. How does Jazmin handle racism when it touches her life? What is her attitude toward people who look down on her because she is black?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)