|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jazmin give her mother?
2. How old was CeCe when he left home?
3. With what singer is Crew singing?
4. What do Jazmin and her mother tell each other?
5. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
2. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
3. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
4. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
5. Why does Jazmin skip school?
6. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
7. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
8. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
9. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
10. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each section of Jazmin's notebook deals with a particular theme. Choose one section and identify the main theme of this section. Discuss the way Jazmin develops the theme through the experiences that she shares.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
Essay Topic 3
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)