|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jazmin eating in her dream?
2. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
3. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
4. Who hugs Jazmin on the way upstairs?
5. Who is Jazmin's favorite author?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
2. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
3. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
4. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
5. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
6. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
7. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
8. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
9. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
10. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel is divided into sections of journal entries, each of which is preceded by a poem. Chose one section and its corresponding poem and describe how the poem ties into that particular section.
Essay Topic 2
Each section of Jazmin's notebook deals with a particular theme. Choose one section and identify the main theme of this section. Discuss the way Jazmin develops the theme through the experiences that she shares.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)