|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grades does Jazmin make?
2. In what manner does Jazmin respond to Ms. Wise?
3. What is the only food item left in the cupboard?
4. What is the name of Jazmin's mother's Jewish friend?
5. What was Jazmin shopping for at Alexander's department store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
2. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
3. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
4. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
5. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
6. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
7. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
8. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
9. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
10. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Jazmin's trial of marijuana. How is this activity unlike Jazmin? How does it go against her outlook on life?
Essay Topic 3
Based on information given in the book, create a chronological account of Jazmin's life.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)