|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lisann doing when he baby wanders into the street?
2. What does Jazmin say some people shouldn't do?
3. What does Jazmin want to tell the welfare officer is broken?
4. Where does Jazmin go during the day she skips school.
5. What started Jazmin's mother's downward spirals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
2. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
3. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
4. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
5. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
6. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
7. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
8. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
9. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
10. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the theme of racism as presented in the novel. How is Jazmin impacted by others' opinion of her based on her skin color? How does she try to overcome this bias?
Essay Topic 2
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)