|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jazz artist did Jazmin's father say the close hair cut made her look like?
2. What famous female movie character does Jazmin remember laughing?
3. Who does Jazmin think doesn't laugh enough?
4. Who tries to molest Jazmin?
5. What did Brenda do to Jazmin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
2. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
3. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
4. Why does Jazmin skip school?
5. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
6. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
7. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
8. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
9. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
10. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)