|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jazmin go during the day she skips school.
2. What does Jazmin think should happen when on messes up a recipe?
3. What will Jazmin start at her new apartment?
4. What does Jazmin plan to call her novel?
5. What does CeCe put in their windows at Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
2. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
3. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
4. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
5. What types of people does Jazmin say shouldn't be parents?
6. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
7. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
8. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
9. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
10. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Sister Church's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)