|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jazmin plan to call her novel?
2. What did Jazmin want for her birthday?
3. Over what did Jazmin and CeCe play fight?
4. Who does Jazmin fall back on when her sense of humor needs a nudge?
5. How many counselors has Jazmin had in her life?
Essay Topic 1
What is Sister Church's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the theme of racism as presented in the novel. How is Jazmin impacted by others' opinion of her based on her skin color? How does she try to overcome this bias?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)