|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jazmin fall back on when her sense of humor needs a nudge?
2. What does Jazmin plan to call her novel?
3. What grades does Jazmin make?
4. Of what nationality does Jazmin think she might be?
5. What item did CeCe's favorite grocery store have on sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
2. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
3. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
4. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
5. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
6. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
7. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
8. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
9. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
10. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Timothy in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the theme of racism as presented in the novel. How is Jazmin impacted by others' opinion of her based on her skin color? How does she try to overcome this bias?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)