|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scares Jazmin's would-be attacker away?
2. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
3. What animal finds its way into Jazmin and CeCe's apartment?
4. What is Lisann doing when he baby wanders into the street?
5. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
2. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
3. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
4. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
5. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
6. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
7. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
8. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
9. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
10. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jazmin wait so long before she goes to see her mother in the hospital? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the way that Jazmin handled the situation with Carlton. How else might Jazmin have handled this situation? What should she have done differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Timothy in the novel.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)