|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jazz artist did Jazmin's father say the close hair cut made her look like?
2. Who scares Jazmin's would-be attacker away?
3. Where does Jazmin go during the day she skips school.
4. What does Jazmin give her mother?
5. How did Jazmin know her father was in serious condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
2. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
3. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
4. What types of people does Jazmin say shouldn't be parents?
5. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
6. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
7. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
8. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
9. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
10. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)