|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lisann doing when he baby wanders into the street?
2. What did Brenda do to Jazmin?
3. How many counselors has Jazmin had in her life?
4. Whose advice does Jazmin take?
5. When would Jazmin have preferred to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
2. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
3. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
4. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
5. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
6. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
7. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
8. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
9. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
10. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Crew in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the way that Jazmin handled the situation with Carlton. How else might Jazmin have handled this situation? What should she have done differently?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jazmin's relationship with her mother with the relationship with her sister.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)