|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
2. Where is Jazmin's favorite spot?
3. What started Jazmin's mother's downward spirals?
4. How long was Jazmin's mom usually in the hospital?
5. What was Jazmin shopping for at Alexander's department store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
2. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
3. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
4. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
5. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
6. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
7. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
8. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
9. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
10. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel is divided into sections of journal entries, each of which is preceded by a poem. Chose one section and its corresponding poem and describe how the poem ties into that particular section.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)