|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jazmin think of when she looks at herself in the mirror?
2. How does Jazmin refer to the time before her parents' divorce?
3. What changes for Jazmin in this section?
4. When would Jazmin have preferred to move?
5. Where is Jazmin's favorite spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
2. Why does Jazmin skip school?
3. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
4. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
5. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
6. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
7. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
8. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
9. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
10. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)