|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns does CeCe have?
2. Where does Jazmin live?
3. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
4. What is Jazmin chasing?
5. Why does Jazmin believe the people react the way they do to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does T.C. pull the gun at the poker party?
2. Who is Aunt Sarah?
3. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
4. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
5. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
6. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
7. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
8. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
9. What does Jazmin think about God?
10. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the racial atmosphere of the time period in which this novel is set. How does Jazmin handle racism when it touches her life? What is her attitude toward people who look down on her because she is black?
Essay Topic 2
What is Sister Church's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)