|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
2. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
3. How many bedrooms does Jazmin's apartment have?
4. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
5. Who is CeCe?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jazmin think that people will learn to spell her name correctly?
2. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
3. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
4. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
5. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
6. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
7. Who is Aunt Sarah?
8. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
9. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
10. What are Jazmin's parents arguing about the night before she is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on information given in the book, create a chronological account of Jazmin's life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Timothy in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the way that Jazmin handled the situation with Carlton. How else might Jazmin have handled this situation? What should she have done differently?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)