|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
2. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
3. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
4. What color does J.D.'s shirt not include?
5. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
2. What does Jazmin think about God?
3. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
4. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
5. When does Jazmin think that people will learn to spell her name correctly?
6. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
7. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
8. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
9. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
10. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Jazmin's trial of marijuana. How is this activity unlike Jazmin? How does it go against her outlook on life?
Essay Topic 2
Based on information given in the book, create a chronological account of Jazmin's life.
Essay Topic 3
Each section of Jazmin's notebook deals with a particular theme. Choose one section and identify the main theme of this section. Discuss the way Jazmin develops the theme through the experiences that she shares.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)