|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jazmin chasing?
2. Where do Jazmin's visions come to life?
3. What color does J.D.'s shirt not include?
4. How old is Jazmin?
5. Who is CeCe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
2. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
3. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
4. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
5. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
6. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
7. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
8. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
9. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
10. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jazmin's ideas about parenting. Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
Essay Topic 3
What is Sister Church's role in the novel?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)