|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jazmin chasing?
2. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
3. Who is Aunt Sarah?
4. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
5. What color does J.D.'s shirt not include?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
2. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
3. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
4. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
5. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
6. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
7. Describe Timothy.
8. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
9. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
10. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jazmin's relationship with her mother with the relationship with her sister.
Essay Topic 2
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the way that Jazmin handled the situation with Carlton. How else might Jazmin have handled this situation? What should she have done differently?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)