Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is next to Jazmin's apartment?
2. What color does Sister Church wear?
3. How many guns does CeCe have?
4. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
5. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin skip school?
2. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
3. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
4. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
5. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
6. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
7. What does Jazmin think about God?
8. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
9. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of pictures and memories in Jazmin's book. Although Jazmin had no one to take pictures of her as a child, how is she making her own pictures? How does she hold on to memories?
Essay Topic 2
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the racial atmosphere of the time period in which this novel is set. How does Jazmin handle racism when it touches her life? What is her attitude toward people who look down on her because she is black?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)