|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is CeCe?
2. At what does Jazmin say she is good?
3. What kind of drugs are sold at the bar?
4. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
5. How many guns does CeCe have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
2. What does Jazmin think about God?
3. What happened to Jazmin's father?
4. Who is Aunt Sarah?
5. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
6. Describe Timothy.
7. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
8. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
9. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
10. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the way that Jazmin handled the situation with Carlton. How else might Jazmin have handled this situation? What should she have done differently?
Essay Topic 3
Jazmin shows a great will to live and to succeed in life even though she may not have come from the best situation. Why do you believe Jazmin has such a strong will to survive? Why don't more people have this same will?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)