|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
2. What kind of drugs are sold at the bar?
3. What does Jazmin find to write on?
4. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
5. What does Jazmin want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
2. What does Jazmin think about God?
3. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
4. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
5. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
6. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
7. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
8. What happened to Jazmin's father?
9. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
10. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
Essay Topic 1
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Essay Topic 3
Based on information given in the book, create a chronological account of Jazmin's life.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)