|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
2. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
3. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
4. Where does Jazmin live?
5. To what does Jazmin compare the art of writing her poems?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jazmin think that people will learn to spell her name correctly?
2. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
3. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
4. Why does Jazmin think that Jabari is lucky?
5. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
6. What happened to Jazmin's father?
7. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
8. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
9. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
10. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What is Sister Church's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jazmin's relationship with her mother with the relationship with her sister.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)