|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
2. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
3. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
4. How old is CeCe when Jazmin is born?
5. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
2. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
3. Who is Aunt Sarah?
4. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
5. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
6. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
7. What phrase is it that Jazmin believes she'll have to go through life saying?
8. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
9. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
10. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jazmin's relationship with her mother with the relationship with her sister.
Essay Topic 2
What is Sister Church's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Each section of Jazmin's notebook deals with a particular theme. Choose one section and identify the main theme of this section. Discuss the way Jazmin develops the theme through the experiences that she shares.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)