|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what streets does Jazmin's family live when she is born?
2. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
3. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
4. How old is CeCe when Jazmin is born?
5. Who is Aunt Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jazmin's parents arguing about the night before she is born?
2. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
3. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
4. Who is Aunt Sarah?
5. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
6. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
7. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
8. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
9. What phrase is it that Jazmin believes she'll have to go through life saying?
10. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jazmin's relationship with her mother with the relationship with her sister.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Timothy in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Each section of Jazmin's notebook deals with a particular theme. Choose one section and identify the main theme of this section. Discuss the way Jazmin develops the theme through the experiences that she shares.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)