|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
2. What walks the streets by invitation?
3. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
4. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
5. What does Jazmin not have with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
2. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
3. Why does Jazmin think that Jabari is lucky?
4. What are Jazmin's parents arguing about the night before she is born?
5. Describe Timothy.
6. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
7. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
8. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
9. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
10. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the theme of racism as presented in the novel. How is Jazmin impacted by others' opinion of her based on her skin color? How does she try to overcome this bias?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jazmin's ideas about parenting. Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
What is Aunt Sarah's role in the novel?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)