|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Jazmin and CeCe the key to their mother's apartment?
2. Where does Jazmin live?
3. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
4. What does Jazmin say that words are like?
5. What kind of coat did Jazmin's father wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
2. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
3. What happened to Jazmin's father?
4. Who is Aunt Sarah?
5. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
6. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
7. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
8. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
9. Why does Jazmin think that Jabari is lucky?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Timothy in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Based on information given in the book, create a chronological account of Jazmin's life.
Essay Topic 3
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)