Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is next to Jazmin's apartment?
2. What color does Sister Church wear?
3. How many guns does CeCe have?
4. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
5. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin skip school?
2. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
3. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
4. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
5. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
6. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
7. What does Jazmin think about God?
8. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
9. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)