Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is next to Jazmin's apartment?
2. What color does Sister Church wear?
3. How many guns does CeCe have?
4. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
5. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin skip school?
2. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
3. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
4. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
5. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
6. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
7. What does Jazmin think about God?
8. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
9. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
Essay Topic 1
Jazmin shows a great will to live and to succeed in life even though she may not have come from the best situation. Why do you believe Jazmin has such a strong will to survive? Why don't more people have this same will?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Jazmin's trial of marijuana. How is this activity unlike Jazmin? How does it go against her outlook on life?
Essay Topic 3
This novel is divided into sections of journal entries, each of which is preceded by a poem. Chose one section and its corresponding poem and describe how the poem ties into that particular section.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)