|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sweater does Jazmin wear?
2. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
3. What does Jazmin say does not exist?
4. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
5. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
2. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
3. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
4. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
5. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
6. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
7. What are Jazmin's parents arguing about the night before she is born?
8. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
9. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
10. When does Jazmin think that people will learn to spell her name correctly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel is divided into sections of journal entries, each of which is preceded by a poem. Chose one section and its corresponding poem and describe how the poem ties into that particular section.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the way that Jazmin handled herself when faced with Brenda the bully. Do you think that Jazmin handled this situation properly? What might she have done differently?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)