|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns does CeCe have?
2. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
3. What is Jazmin chasing?
4. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
5. How does Jazmin say she has been sent to relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
2. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
3. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
4. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
5. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
6. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
7. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
8. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
9. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
10. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect did Jazmin's father's car wreck, hospital stay and resulting death have on Jazmin?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character sketch for Jazmin. Include physical description, personality traits, etc.
Essay Topic 3
This novel is divided into sections of journal entries, each of which is preceded by a poem. Chose one section and its corresponding poem and describe how the poem ties into that particular section.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)