|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Jazmin skip school?
2. How did Jazmin know her father was in serious condition?
(a) She saw his car.
(b) He was in intensive care.
(c) He was in the hospital.
(d) He was on oxygen.
3. What does CeCe get Jazmin for her birthday?
(a) A radio.
(c) A card.
(d) A television.
4. Over what did Jazmin and CeCe play fight?
(a) Sides of the bed.
(c) Sides of the room.
5. Who does Jazmin choose as her honorary father but not tell?
(a) Her principal.
(b) The grocer.
(c) Mr. Joysmith.
(d) Aunt Sarah's barber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
2. What does Jazmin want to tell the welfare officer is broken?
3. Where does Jazmin go during the day she skips school.
4. What started Jazmin's mother's downward spirals?
5. What does Jazmin tell CeCe they should get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
2. Why does Jazmin skip school?
3. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
4. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
5. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
6. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
7. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
8. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
9. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
10. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)