|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jazmin and her mother converse?
(a) With their hands.
(b) With their eyes.
(c) Through their writing.
(d) In French.
2. Who bullies Jazmin?
3. What helps Jazmin calm down?
(a) Telling CeCe.
(b) Hitting Brenda.
(c) Writing poetry.
4. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 11:30 p.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
5. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
(a) That she is attending therapy.
(b) That she getting better.
(c) That she is mad at her.
(d) That she has run away from the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Jazmin start at her new apartment?
2. Why doesn't Jazmin go see her mother?
3. What did Jazmin almost steal from that store?
4. With what singer is Crew singing?
5. Of what nationality does Jazmin think she might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
2. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
3. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
4. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
5. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
6. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
7. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
8. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
9. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
10. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)