|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jazmin's favorite author?
(a) John Milton.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Emily Bronte.
2. What does Jazmin think should happen when on messes up a recipe?
(b) Throw it away and start over.
(c) Take it to a homeless shelter.
(d) Serve it anyway.
3. What is Jazmin wearing in her dream?
(a) Red cotton.
(b) Silver silk.
(c) Purple silk.
(d) Black cotton.
4. Who is the only one Jazmin believes has seen Crew's kind side?
(b) He doesn't have one.
(c) No one.
5. Who hugs Jazmin on the way upstairs?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Aunt Sarah
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jazmin compare Brenda?
2. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
3. When would Jazmin have preferred to move?
4. How does Jazmin's teacher describe her profile?
5. What animal finds its way into Jazmin and CeCe's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin skip school?
2. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
3. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
4. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
5. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
6. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
7. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
8. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
9. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
10. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)