|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jazmin want for her birthday?
(a) Her dad back.
(c) A day off.
(d) A card from her mom.
2. What does CeCe get Jazmin for her birthday?
(a) A card.
(b) A television.
(c) A radio.
3. Who does Jazmin fall back on when her sense of humor needs a nudge?
(a) Her mother.
4. After what did CeCe send Jazmin?
(d) Toilet paper.
5. How long was Jazmin's mom usually in the hospital?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Jazmin take?
2. In what manner does Jazmin respond to Ms. Wise?
3. To what does Jazmin compare Brenda?
4. Who does Jazmin choose as her honorary father but not tell?
5. Who is Lillian Wise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
2. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
3. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
4. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
5. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
6. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
7. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
8. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
9. What types of people does Jazmin say shouldn't be parents?
10. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)