|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jazmin fall back on when her sense of humor needs a nudge?
(b) Her mother.
2. Whose advice does Jazmin take?
(b) Mrs. Wise's
(c) Mrs. Vogel's.
(d) Her principal's.
3. What does Jazmin plan to call her novel?
(a) A Day in the Life of Jazmin Shelby.
(b) The Real Jazmin Shelby.
(c) Jazmin Shelby: A Teenaged Superstar
(d) The Life and Times of Jazmin Shelby.
4. How do Jazmin and her mother converse?
(a) In French.
(b) With their eyes.
(c) With their hands.
(d) Through their writing.
5. What does Jazmin do with the last page of her notebook?
(a) Leaves it blank.
(b) Writes her new address on it.
(c) Writes her old address on it.
(d) Tears it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
2. What does Jazmin tell CeCe they should get?
3. What jazz artist did Jazmin's father say the close hair cut made her look like?
4. What is the name of Jazmin's mother's Jewish friend?
5. With whom does Jazmin skip school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
2. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
3. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
4. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
5. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
6. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
7. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
8. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
9. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
10. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)