|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hugs Jazmin on the way upstairs?
(a) Aunt Sarah
(b) Her mother.
2. Who is Jazmin's favorite author?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Emily Bronte.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) John Milton.
3. Who bullies Jazmin?
4. What does CeCe get Jazmin for her birthday?
(a) A television.
(b) A radio.
(d) A card.
5. What does Jazmin say some people shouldn't do?
(a) Be parents.
(d) Get jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jazmin smoke at Carlton's apartment?
2. Who tries to molest Jazmin?
3. How long was Jazmin's mom usually in the hospital?
4. What jazz artist did Jazmin's father say the close hair cut made her look like?
5. How did Jazmin know her father was in serious condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
2. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
3. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
4. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
5. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
6. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
7. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
8. What is the one thing that other girls have that Jazmin wishes that she had as well?
9. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
10. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)