|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jazmin's favorite author?
(a) Emily Bronte.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) John Milton.
2. What animal finds its way into Jazmin and CeCe's apartment?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mouse.
3. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
(a) A stubborn weed.
(b) A touchy tulip.
(c) A stubborn flower.
(d) A surprise lily.
4. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 11:30 p.m.
5. What famous female movie character does Jazmin remember laughing?
(a) Irene Bullock.
(b) Mary Bailey.
(c) Scarlet O'Hara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bullies Jazmin?
2. Where does Jazmin go during the day she skips school.
3. What did Brenda do to Jazmin?
4. Who is the only one Jazmin believes has seen Crew's kind side?
5. What was Jazmin shopping for at Alexander's department store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
2. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
3. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
4. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
5. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
6. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
7. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
8. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
9. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
10. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)