|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jazz artist did Jazmin's father say the close hair cut made her look like?
(a) Ella Fitzgerald.
(b) Miriam Makeba.
(c) Billie Holidy.
(d) Dinah Washington.
2. Of what nationality does Jazmin think she might be?
3. Who does Jazmin fall back on when her sense of humor needs a nudge?
(b) Her mother.
4. What did Jazmin hate when she was young?
5. Who cuts Jazmin's hair?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Joysmith.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does CeCe send Jazmin out to get cigarettes?
2. How long was Jazmin's mom usually in the hospital?
3. What does Jazmin want to give her mother?
4. What will Jazmin start at her new apartment?
5. Who does Jazmin think doesn't laugh enough?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
2. Why does Jazmin skip school?
3. How does Jazmin handle Brenda's bullying?
4. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
5. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
6. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
7. What sorts of things does Jazmin's mother worry about?
8. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
9. What is in the big box that CeCe and Jazmin give to Destinee?
10. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)