|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jazmin hate when she was young?
2. With whom does Jazmin skip school?
3. What does Jazmin want to trade with Chavonne?
4. What grades does Jazmin make?
5. What animal finds its way into Jazmin and CeCe's apartment?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jazmin doing on her last day on Amsterdam Avenue?
2. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
3. Whose advice does Jazmin take?
4. What does Jazmin plan to call her novel?
5. Who suggests Jazmin do something with her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
2. How does CeCe decorate for Christmas?
3. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
4. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
5. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
6. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
7. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
8. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
9. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
10. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)