|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CeCe call Jazmin?
(a) A touchy tulip.
(b) A stubborn weed.
(c) A stubborn flower.
(d) A surprise lily.
2. What do Jazmin and her mother tell each other?
(a) That they miss each other.
(b) That they love each other.
(c) That they need to talk more.
(d) That they miss Jazmin's father.
3. What does Jazmin smoke at Carlton's apartment?
(d) A cigarette.
4. To what does Jazmin compare Brenda?
(a) A clam.
(b) An egg.
(c) A bird.
(d) A hammer.
5. When does Jazmin think she'll start losing brain cells?
(a) At age 30.
(b) At age 20.
(c) At age 65.
(d) At age 50.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jazmin do when it would storm?
2. What does Jazmin think should happen when on messes up a recipe?
3. Who is Jazmin's favorite author?
4. Who does Jazmin think of when she looks at herself in the mirror?
5. What does Jazmin want to trade with Chavonne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
2. Why does Jazmin say that blacks and Jews have much in common?
3. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
4. Why does Jazmin skip school?
5. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
6. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
7. How does Jazmin feel about being a parent herself?
8. What type of mother does Jazmin say that her mother was?
9. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
10. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)