|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jazmin think should happen when on messes up a recipe?
(a) Take it to a homeless shelter.
(b) Throw it away and start over.
(d) Serve it anyway.
2. What did Jazmin do when it would storm?
(a) Go to Aunt Sarah's.
(b) Get in bed with her parents or CeCe.
(c) Hide under the bed.
(d) Hide in the closet.
3. Who scares Jazmin's would-be attacker away?
4. What surprises Jazmin about her mother?
(a) That she is mad at her.
(b) That she getting better.
(c) That she has run away from the hospital.
(d) That she is attending therapy.
5. What famous female movie character does Jazmin remember laughing?
(a) Mary Bailey.
(c) Scarlet O'Hara.
(d) Irene Bullock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jazmin's favorite spot?
2. Who does Jazmin think doesn't laugh enough?
3. What was Jazmin's father's favorite Christmas album?
4. Who hugs Jazmin on the way upstairs?
5. What grades does Jazmin make?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
2. How does Jazmin handle her fear from her experience with the rat?
3. Through what stages does Jazmin's mother go before she gets put in the mental hospital?
4. What does Jazmin's school counselor have in mind for her future?
5. Why are Jazmin and her sister moving?
6. What are Jazmin's feelings about moving?
7. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
8. What does Jazmin pretend she is doing when she is actually moving?
9. What happened after Jazmin's father died?
10. What does Jazmin laugh about that Sophie thinks is strange?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)