|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CeCe tell Jazmin?
(a) She's pretty.
(b) She's beautiful.
(c) She's smart.
(d) She loves her.
2. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Sophisticated Lady.
(c) In the Mood.
(d) I'll be going now.
3. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
4. What type of music does Jazmin's father like?
5. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
(a) She can't see.
(b) She can't hear.
(c) She can't smell.
(d) She can't walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
2. How does Jazmin describe her glasses?
3. Why do the girls have a poker party?
4. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
5. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does T.C. pull the gun at the poker party?
2. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
3. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
4. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
5. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
6. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
7. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
8. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
9. What does Jazmin think about God?
10. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)