|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) None of it.
(b) The main idea.
(c) A few lines.
(d) A word or two.
2. During what decade is the book written?
3. What does Jazmin say that words are like?
(a) Concrete blocks.
4. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) In rooming houses.
(c) At a boarding school.
(d) In orphanages.
5. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
(a) Girls jumping rope.
(c) The ice cream man.
(d) The numbers runner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What walks the streets by invitation?
2. On what streets does Jazmin's family live when she is born?
3. Who is Aunt Sarah?
4. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
5. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
2. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
3. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
4. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
5. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
6. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
7. Why does Jazmin think that Jabari is lucky?
8. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
9. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
10. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)