|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what decade is the book written?
2. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
(a) Nun's apparel.
(b) A revealing dress.
(c) Yards of African fabric.
(d) Men's clothing.
3. What emotion does Jazmin feel as she is writing?
4. What does Aunt Sarah represent to Jazmin?
(d) Her mother.
5. What type of music does Jazmin's father like?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
2. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
3. Why do the girls have a poker party?
4. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
5. What kind of hair does Jazmin want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
2. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
3. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
4. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
5. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
6. When does Jazmin think that people will learn to spell her name correctly?
7. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
8. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
9. What does Jazmin think about God?
10. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)