|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
(a) In a store.
(b) At school.
(c) On her stoop.
(d) In Central Park.
2. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) She isn't sure.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the subway.
(d) Running up the steps to her apartment.
3. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
4. What is one name to which Jazmin does not suggest her name be changed?
5. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) What room will be hers.
(b) The spelling of her name.
(c) Her name.
(d) The spelling of CeCe's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
2. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
3. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
4. Where does Jazmin like to sit?
5. What emotion does Jazmin feel as she is writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
2. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
3. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
4. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
5. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
6. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
7. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
8. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
9. What does Jazmin think about God?
10. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)