|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jazmin believe the people react the way they do to her?
(a) She looks threatening.
(b) She is black.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She is talking to herself.
2. What type of jeans did Jazmin wear?
(a) Boot cut.
(c) She doesn't.
3. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
(a) Baby pictures.
(b) African dresses.
(d) Bronzed baby shoes.
4. What does Jazmin find to write on?
(a) A candy bar wrapper.
(b) A flyer.
(c) A matchbook.
5. What type of music does Jazmin's father like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
2. What color does J.D.'s shirt not include?
3. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
4. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
5. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
2. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
3. What does Jazmin think about God?
4. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
5. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
6. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
7. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
8. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
9. Why does T.C. pull the gun at the poker party?
10. Describe how CeCe and Jazmin got from their foster home to their mother's home when they ran away.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)