|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the gun to the poker party?
2. Why does Jazmin believe the people react the way they do to her?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She is black.
(c) She is talking to herself.
(d) She looks threatening.
3. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
(a) He drives a taxi.
(b) He sells insurance.
(c) He plays music.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. What does Jazmin say does not exist?
(a) Memories of her childhood.
(b) Pictures of her as a child.
(c) Angels and UFO's.
5. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
(a) To talk about dress codes.
(b) To talk about Jazmin's behavior.
(c) To talk about Jazmin's grades.
(d) To talk about getting a GED.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does CeCe not allow in her apartment?
2. Where is Jazmin's mother?
3. Who is CeCe?
4. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
5. What kind of hair does Jazmin want?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what different circumstances do the girls respond with laughter?
2. What does Jazmin have in mind for herself in regards to her future?
3. What happens to Jazmin at Carlton's apartment?
4. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
5. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
6. How does Jazmin suppose that Crew got his knickname?
7. Describe the man who tries to get Jazmin's attention.
8. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
9. Why does Jazmin think that Jabari is lucky?
10. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)