|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jazmin's mother?
(a) At home.
(b) In the hospital.
(d) At work.
2. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Sanders.
(b) Aunt Sarah.
(c) Mr. Taylor.
(d) Mr. Hinson.
3. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) Benny Goodman.
(c) Duke Ellington.
(d) John Coltrane.
4. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
(a) Untill she gets out of junior high.
(b) Untill she gets out of middle school.
(c) Untill she gets out of college.
(d) Untill she gets out of high school.
5. Where does Jazmin live?
(a) Amsterdam Avenue.
(b) 101st Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Pennsylvania Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Jazmin's father's car?
2. What did Jazmin do the next time she saw Timothy?
3. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
4. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
5. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
2. Who is Aunt Sarah?
3. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
4. Describe Timothy.
5. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
6. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
7. Why are there no photos of Jazmin as a child?
8. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
9. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
10. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)