|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
(a) They didn't.
(b) They were not given dinner.
(c) They were being beaten.
(d) They were made to do chores.
2. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
(a) By feel.
(b) By asking someone else.
(c) By size.
(d) By sight.
3. How old is Jazmin?
4. What does CeCe not allow in her apartment?
5. What does Jazmin find to write on?
(a) A matchbook.
(b) A candy bar wrapper.
(c) A flyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
2. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
3. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
4. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
5. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
2. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
3. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
4. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
5. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
6. Who is Aunt Sarah?
7. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
8. Why is it that Jazmin says that CeCe is so good at poker?
9. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)