|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(a) Aunt Sarah.
(b) Sister Church.
2. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
(a) A shoe box.
(b) A Cracker box.
(c) A Cracker Jack box.
(d) A tin can.
3. What are Jazmin's parents doing when they decide on the spelling of Jazmin's name?
(a) Bathing CeCe.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Timing her contractions.
4. At what does Jazmin say she is good?
5. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
(a) A revealing dress.
(b) Men's clothing.
(c) Yards of African fabric.
(d) Nun's apparel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
2. How many guns does CeCe have?
3. How does Jazmin describe her glasses?
4. To what does Jazmin compare the art of writing her poems?
5. What kind of hair does Jazmin want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
2. When does Jazmin think that people will learn to spell her name correctly?
3. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
4. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
5. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
6. Why does Jazmin think that Jabari is lucky?
7. Who is Aunt Sarah?
8. What does Jazmin think about God?
9. Describe Timothy.
10. What does CeCe say when Jazmin asks for contacts?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)