|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
(a) On the stoop.
(b) At school.
(c) In the apartment vestibule.
(d) In her bedroom.
2. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
(a) A tin can.
(b) A Cracker Jack box.
(c) A shoe box.
(d) A Cracker box.
3. How does Jazmin's father want to spell her name?
4. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
5. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) A word or two.
(b) A few lines.
(c) None of it.
(d) The main idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
2. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
3. What does Jazmin finally raid to get her paper?
4. How does Jazmin say she has been sent to relatives?
5. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
2. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
3. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
4. What does Jazmin think about God?
5. Why does Jazmin's father want her name spelled as it is?
6. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
7. What happened to Jazmin's father?
8. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
9. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
10. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)