|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
(a) His graduation photo.
(b) His kindergarten photo.
(c) His baby photo.
(d) His prom photo.
2. Why does Jazmin believe the people react the way they do to her?
(a) She is black.
(b) She is alone.
(c) She is talking to herself.
(d) She looks threatening.
3. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
(a) Yards of African fabric.
(b) Men's clothing.
(c) Nun's apparel.
(d) A revealing dress.
4. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
5. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
(a) They left after dark.
(b) They were running.
(c) They were chasing each other.
(d) They were skipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jazmin?
2. What is Jazmin's last name?
3. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
4. How does Jazmin describe her legs?
5. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
2. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
3. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
4. How does Jazmin describe the Garden of Eden Bar and Grill?
5. How does Jazmin dress when she hopes to attract male attention?
6. Why does Jazmin like the stoop?
7. Why does T.C. pull the gun at the poker party?
8. What phrase is it that Jazmin believes she'll have to go through life saying?
9. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
10. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)