Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is next to Jazmin's apartment?
(a) Garden of Eden Bar and Grill.
(b) New Life Bar and Grill.
(c) Paradise Bar and Grill.
(d) Amsterdam Bar and Grill.
2. What color does Sister Church wear?
3. How many guns does CeCe have?
4. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) In the park.
(b) Running up the steps to her apartment.
(c) On the subway.
(d) She isn't sure.
5. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
(a) Clenched fists.
(b) A good disposition.
(c) Plenty of space.
(d) Bad eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
2. What does CeCe tell Jazmin?
3. What color was Jazmin's father's car?
4. What type of sweater does Jazmin wear?
5. What color does J.D.'s shirt not include?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin skip school?
2. What is the symbolism of Jazmin starting a new notebook when the girls move?
3. What has Mrs. Vogel done for Jazmin?
4. In Jazmin's poem, what is the light from that pierces that darkness?
5. Why does Jazmin not want to go to see her mother?
6. What does Jazmin mean when she says that words are like mist?
7. What does Jazmin think about God?
8. How do the people at Jazmin's mother's hospital know who Jazmin is?
9. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)