|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jazmin's mother?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At work.
(d) At home.
2. Why do the girls have a poker party?
(a) They don't
(b) For fun.
(c) They like poker.
(d) To raise extra money.
3. What does Jazmin not wear when she wants to attract male attention?
(a) A coat.
(d) Her glasses.
4. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is driving in his car.
(c) He is on the bus.
(d) He is dead.
5. At what does Jazmin find herself staring?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) J.D.'s dashiki.
(c) Into space.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
2. What business is on the other side of Jazmin's apartment?
3. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
4. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
5. On what streets does Jazmin's family live when she is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
2. Why does T.C. pull the gun at the poker party?
3. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
4. What happened to Jazmin's father?
5. What phrase is it that Jazmin believes she'll have to go through life saying?
6. Describe Timothy.
7. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
8. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
9. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
10. What is Jazmin's father's opinion of jazz?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)