|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) Running up the steps to her apartment.
(b) She isn't sure.
(c) On the subway.
(d) In the park.
2. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) In the Mood.
(b) I'll be going now.
(c) Sophisticated Lady.
3. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) What room will be hers.
(b) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(c) The spelling of her name.
(d) Her name.
4. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) John Coltrane.
(c) Duke Ellington.
(d) Benny Goodman.
5. What does CeCe not allow in her apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
2. At what does Jazmin say she is good?
3. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
4. How many others did Jazmin often have to share a bed with?
5. How does Jazmin's father want to spell her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Timothy.
2. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
3. Why does CeCe hear her parent's argument?
4. What are Jazmin's parents arguing about the night before she is born?
5. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
6. Why does CeCe tell Jazmin she is beautiful?
7. What do the people think that Jazmin is looking for in the trash cans?
8. Describe Jazmin's father's Cadillac.
9. What types of businesses does Amsterdam Avenue have?
10. Why does Jazmin think she is unattractive?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)