|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jazmin's parents doing when they decide on the spelling of Jazmin's name?
(a) Bathing CeCe.
(b) Timing her contractions.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
(a) Rhythm and blues.
3. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Hinson.
(b) Mr. Sanders.
(c) Aunt Sarah.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
4. What kind of games are played at the bar?
5. What does Aunt Sarah represent to Jazmin?
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others did Jazmin often have to share a bed with?
2. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
3. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
4. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
5. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the street where Jazmin is sitting.
2. How does Jazmin say Amsterdam Avenue will fool you?
3. Who is Aunt Sarah?
4. Describe Timothy.
5. How does CeCe convince the two men to stop fighting?
6. What does CeCe hate for Jazmin to do?
7. To what weather related activity does Jazmin compare how her poems come to her?
8. How does Jazmin know the man who gets off the bus is not her father?
9. What are Jazmin's parents arguing about the night before she is born?
10. What is the lesson that Jazmin learns in the park?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)