Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
2. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
(b) A pencil.
(c) Money to buy paper.
(d) A pen.
3. How does Jazmin's father want to spell her name?
4. To what does Jazmin compare the art of writing her poems?
(a) Digging through trash.
(b) Shaping clay.
(d) Writing music.
5. What is Jazmin's last name?
6. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(b) Aunt Sarah.
(c) Sister Church.
7. Of whom do T.C.'s eyes remind Jazmin?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Dizzy Gilespie.
(d) Smokey Robinson.
8. What is Jazmin chasing?
9. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
(a) Practice piano.
(d) Clean house.
10. What does Jazmin say that words are like?
(c) Concrete blocks.
11. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
(a) Give her paper.
(b) Yell at her.
(c) Ignore her.
(d) Wave her away.
12. What walks the streets by invitation?
13. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
(a) Plenty of space.
(b) A good disposition.
(c) Clenched fists.
(d) Bad eyes.
14. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
(a) Men's clothing.
(b) A revealing dress.
(c) Yards of African fabric.
(d) Nun's apparel.
15. What kind of games are played at the bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
2. What kind of coat did Jazmin's father wear?
3. What did Jazmin do the next time she saw Timothy?
4. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
5. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)