|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
2. What does Jazmin find to write on?
(a) A candy bar wrapper.
(b) A flyer.
(d) A matchbook.
3. What does Jazmin not wear when she wants to attract male attention?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) A coat.
4. Where does Jazmin like to sit?
(a) On her couch.
(b) On her stoop.
(c) On her deck.
(d) On her windowseat.
5. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(a) More medication.
(b) A dismissal.
(d) Shock therapy.
6. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Hinson.
(b) Mr. Sanders.
(c) Aunt Sarah.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
7. What does CeCe tell Jazmin?
(a) She loves her.
(b) She's beautiful.
(c) She's pretty.
(d) She's smart.
8. How many guns does CeCe have?
9. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
(a) They didn't.
(b) They were being beaten.
(c) They were made to do chores.
(d) They were not given dinner.
10. Where is Jazmin's mother?
(a) At home.
(c) At work.
(d) In the hospital.
11. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) The main idea.
(b) None of it.
(c) A few lines.
(d) A word or two.
12. Of whom do T.C.'s eyes remind Jazmin?
(a) Her father.
(b) Smokey Robinson.
(c) Dizzy Gilespie.
(d) Her mother.
13. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) She isn't sure.
(b) On the subway.
(c) In the park.
(d) Running up the steps to her apartment.
14. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
15. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) What room will be hers.
(b) The spelling of her name.
(c) Her name.
(d) The spelling of CeCe's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Crew never done?
2. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
3. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
4. What does Jazmin finally raid to get her paper?
5. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)