|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does Jazmin find herself staring?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Into space.
(d) J.D.'s dashiki.
2. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
(a) By sight.
(b) By feel.
(c) By asking someone else.
(d) By size.
3. How many guns does CeCe have?
4. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(c) Sister Church.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
5. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
(a) Give her paper.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Yell at her.
(d) Wave her away.
6. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
(a) Baby pictures.
(c) Bronzed baby shoes.
(d) African dresses.
7. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) None of it.
(b) The main idea.
(c) A few lines.
(d) A word or two.
8. Where is the card game set up?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
9. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
(a) Untill she gets out of middle school.
(b) Untill she gets out of high school.
(c) Untill she gets out of college.
(d) Untill she gets out of junior high.
10. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
11. Where do Jazmin's visions come to life?
(a) At school.
(b) In her apartment.
(c) On the stoop.
(d) In libraries and bookstores.
12. What type of music does Jazmin's father like?
13. How old is Jazmin?
14. What type of jeans did Jazmin wear?
(a) Boot cut.
(d) She doesn't.
15. What is one name to which Jazmin does not suggest her name be changed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
2. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
3. How long has Jazmin lived at 2104 Amsterdam Avenue?
4. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
5. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)