|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Sister Church wear?
2. How does Jazmin describe her legs?
(a) Coke bottle legs.
(b) Fat legs.
(c) Spindly legs.
(d) Chicken legs.
3. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) At school.
(c) In a store.
(d) On her stoop.
4. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
5. At what does Jazmin find herself staring?
(a) Into space.
(b) The newspaper.
(d) J.D.'s dashiki.
6. What does CeCe not allow in her apartment?
7. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
(a) Untill she gets out of college.
(b) Untill she gets out of junior high.
(c) Untill she gets out of high school.
(d) Untill she gets out of middle school.
8. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Sanders.
(b) Mr. Taylor.
(c) Mr. Hinson.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
9. Why do the girls have a poker party?
(a) They don't
(b) To raise extra money.
(c) For fun.
(d) They like poker.
10. What does Jazmin finally raid to get her paper?
(a) Someone's purse.
(b) The park's bathroom.
(c) A library.
(d) A trash can.
11. Of whom do T.C.'s eyes remind Jazmin?
(a) Smokey Robinson.
(b) Dizzy Gilespie.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
(a) To talk about getting a GED.
(b) To talk about Jazmin's behavior.
(c) To talk about dress codes.
(d) To talk about Jazmin's grades.
13. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Sophisticated Lady.
(c) In the Mood.
(d) I'll be going now.
14. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
(a) Give her paper.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Wave her away.
(d) Yell at her.
15. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(a) Aunt Sarah.
(c) Sister Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jazmin not have with her?
2. How many guns does CeCe have?
3. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
4. Where is Jazmin's father?
5. Who gave Jazmin and CeCe the key to their mother's apartment?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)