|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) Money to buy paper.
2. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
(a) Practice piano.
(c) Clean house.
3. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) Her name.
(b) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(c) What room will be hers.
(d) The spelling of her name.
4. Where is the card game set up?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
(a) He plays music.
(b) He drives a taxi.
(c) He sells insurance.
(d) He is a farmer.
6. What color does J.D.'s shirt not include?
7. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
(a) In the apartment vestibule.
(b) At school.
(c) On the stoop.
(d) In her bedroom.
8. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
(a) They were running.
(b) They were skipping.
(c) They were chasing each other.
(d) They left after dark.
9. How does Jazmin say she has been sent to relatives?
(d) Cash on delivery.
10. How many guns does CeCe have?
11. What does Jazmin want?
(b) Contact lenses.
(c) New clothes.
(d) More friends.
12. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Sophisticated Lady.
(b) I'll be going now.
(c) In the Mood.
13. How does Jazmin describe her legs?
(a) Spindly legs.
(b) Coke bottle legs.
(c) Chicken legs.
(d) Fat legs.
14. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
(a) His prom photo.
(b) His graduation photo.
(c) His baby photo.
(d) His kindergarten photo.
15. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
(d) Rhythm and blues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jazmin's visions come to life?
2. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
3. What did Jazmin do the next time she saw Timothy?
4. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
5. What is next to Jazmin's apartment?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)