|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
(a) They were made to do chores.
(b) They were being beaten.
(c) They were not given dinner.
(d) They didn't.
2. What kind of coat did Jazmin's father wear?
(a) A sports coat.
(b) A trench coat.
(c) A morning coat.
(d) He didn't wear a coat.
3. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
4. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(b) Sister Church.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
5. How does Jazmin describe her glasses?
(a) Coke bottles.
(d) Bug shields.
6. Where does Jazmin live?
(a) Main Street.
(b) 101st Street.
(c) Amsterdam Avenue.
(d) Pennsylvania Avenue.
7. On what streets does Jazmin's family live when she is born?
(a) Leonard and 133rd.
(b) Lenox and 132nd.
(c) Leonard and 132nd.
(d) Lenox and 133rd.
8. Who is Aunt Sarah?
(a) CeCe's aunt.
(b) D.J.'s aunt.
(c) Jazmin's aunt.
(d) Jazmin's neighbor.
9. Where is Jazmin's mother?
(a) At home.
(b) At work.
(c) In the hospital.
10. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(b) More medication.
(c) A dismissal.
(d) Shock therapy.
11. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) In the park.
(b) On the subway.
(c) Running up the steps to her apartment.
(d) She isn't sure.
12. At what does Jazmin say she is good?
13. What is one name to which Jazmin does not suggest her name be changed?
14. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) The spelling of her name.
(b) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(c) Her name.
(d) What room will be hers.
15. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
(a) His baby photo.
(b) His graduation photo.
(c) His kindergarten photo.
(d) His prom photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of jeans did Jazmin wear?
2. How many guns does CeCe have?
3. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
4. What has Crew never done?
5. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)