|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
(a) Men's clothing.
(b) A revealing dress.
(c) Yards of African fabric.
(d) Nun's apparel.
2. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
3. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
(b) Some never.
(c) Three times.
4. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
5. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
(b) Her own room.
(d) A bed.
6. Where does Jazmin live?
(a) 101st Street.
(b) Pennsylvania Avenue.
(c) Amsterdam Avenue.
(d) Main Street.
7. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
(a) To talk about dress codes.
(b) To talk about Jazmin's grades.
(c) To talk about getting a GED.
(d) To talk about Jazmin's behavior.
8. How many bedrooms does Jazmin's apartment have?
(b) One and one half.
(d) Two and one half.
9. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) More medication.
(c) A dismissal.
10. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
(a) A bus.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A beret.
(d) A musician.
11. Why do the girls have a poker party?
(a) To raise extra money.
(b) They don't
(c) They like poker.
(d) For fun.
12. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
(a) By sight.
(b) By size.
(c) By feel.
(d) By asking someone else.
13. What has Crew never done?
(a) Played poker.
(b) Given CeCe money.
(d) Eaten chicken.
14. Where is Jazmin's mother?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At work.
(d) At home.
15. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(a) Sister Church.
(c) Aunt Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
2. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
3. What type of jeans did Jazmin wear?
4. At what does Jazmin find herself staring?
5. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)