|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jazmin lived at 2104 Amsterdam Avenue?
(a) All of her life.
(b) Only one month.
(c) Nearly one year.
(d) Two years, on two separate occasions.
2. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) Running up the steps to her apartment.
(b) In the park.
(c) She isn't sure.
(d) On the subway.
3. How does Jazmin describe her glasses?
(b) Bug shields.
(d) Coke bottles.
4. What kind of drugs are sold at the bar?
5. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
(a) To talk about getting a GED.
(b) To talk about Jazmin's behavior.
(c) To talk about Jazmin's grades.
(d) To talk about dress codes.
6. What is Jazmin chasing?
7. What kind of games are played at the bar?
8. Who is Aunt Sarah?
(a) Jazmin's neighbor.
(b) D.J.'s aunt.
(c) CeCe's aunt.
(d) Jazmin's aunt.
9. What kind of coat did Jazmin's father wear?
(a) A trench coat.
(b) A sports coat.
(c) He didn't wear a coat.
(d) A morning coat.
10. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Wave her away.
(c) Yell at her.
(d) Give her paper.
11. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Hinson.
(b) Mr. Sanders.
(c) Mr. Taylor.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
12. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) At a boarding school.
(c) In orphanages.
(d) In rooming houses.
13. During what decade is the book written?
14. Who brings the gun to the poker party?
15. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
2. Why do the girls have a poker party?
3. What emotion does Jazmin feel as she is writing?
4. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
5. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)