|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Benny Goodman.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) Duke Ellington.
(d) John Coltrane.
2. How does Jazmin say she has been sent to relatives?
(d) Cash on delivery.
3. What color was Jazmin's father's car?
4. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
(a) She can't see.
(b) She can't walk.
(c) She can't smell.
(d) She can't hear.
5. What kind of games are played at the bar?
6. Who is Aunt Sarah?
(a) Jazmin's neighbor.
(b) CeCe's aunt.
(c) D.J.'s aunt.
(d) Jazmin's aunt.
7. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is on the bus.
(d) He is driving in his car.
8. What emotion does Jazmin feel as she is writing?
9. How old is Jazmin?
10. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(a) More medication.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) A dismissal.
11. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
(b) African dresses.
(c) Bronzed baby shoes.
(d) Baby pictures.
12. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Sanders.
(b) Aunt Sarah.
(c) Mr. Hinson.
(d) Mr. Taylor.
13. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
(a) A good disposition.
(b) Clenched fists.
(c) Plenty of space.
(d) Bad eyes.
14. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) At school.
(c) On her stoop.
(d) In a store.
15. What does Jazmin not have with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
2. What is one name to which Jazmin does not suggest her name be changed?
3. Who gave Jazmin and CeCe the key to their mother's apartment?
4. What did Jazmin do the next time she saw Timothy?
5. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)