|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) Her name.
(b) The spelling of her name.
(c) What room will be hers.
(d) The spelling of CeCe's name.
2. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
(a) Three times.
(b) Some never.
3. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
4. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
(a) The ice cream man.
(b) Girls jumping rope.
(c) The numbers runner.
5. At what does Jazmin say she is good?
6. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) John Coltrane.
(b) Benny Goodman.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) Duke Ellington.
7. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
(a) Untill she gets out of middle school.
(b) Untill she gets out of high school.
(c) Untill she gets out of junior high.
(d) Untill she gets out of college.
8. Who is CeCe?
(a) Jazmin's aunt.
(b) Jazmin's best friend.
(c) Jazmin's mother.
(d) Jazmin's sister.
9. What does Jazmin want?
(a) More friends.
(c) New clothes.
(d) Contact lenses.
10. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
(a) He plays music.
(b) He sells insurance.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He drives a taxi.
11. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
(a) She can't see.
(b) She can't hear.
(c) She can't walk.
(d) She can't smell.
12. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
(b) A bed.
(c) Her own room.
13. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
(a) His prom photo.
(b) His kindergarten photo.
(c) His baby photo.
(d) His graduation photo.
14. To what does Jazmin compare the art of writing her poems?
(a) Shaping clay.
(b) Digging through trash.
(d) Writing music.
15. Where do Jazmin's visions come to life?
(a) In her apartment.
(b) On the stoop.
(c) In libraries and bookstores.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
2. What did Jazmin do the next time she saw Timothy?
3. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
4. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
5. What does Jazmin finally raid to get her paper?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)