|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Benny Goodman.
(c) John Coltrane.
(d) Dizzy Gillespie.
2. How many others did Jazmin often have to share a bed with?
3. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
(b) The numbers runner.
(c) The ice cream man.
(d) Girls jumping rope.
4. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
(a) At school.
(b) On her stoop.
(c) In Central Park.
(d) In a store.
5. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
(a) He sells insurance.
(b) He drives a taxi.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He plays music.
6. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is driving in his car.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is on the bus.
(d) He is in the hospital.
7. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
8. What kind of games are played at the bar?
9. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(b) A dismissal.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) More medication.
10. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) The main idea.
(b) None of it.
(c) A word or two.
(d) A few lines.
11. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A bus.
(c) A beret.
(d) A musician.
12. What does Jazmin say does not exist?
(a) Angels and UFO's.
(b) Pictures of her as a child.
(c) Memories of her childhood.
13. What is Jazmin's last name?
14. At what does Jazmin say she is good?
15. How old is Jazmin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
2. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
3. What walks the streets by invitation?
4. What business is on the other side of Jazmin's apartment?
5. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)