|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CeCe tell Jazmin?
(a) She's pretty.
(b) She loves her.
(c) She's beautiful.
(d) She's smart.
2. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(b) Her name.
(c) What room will be hers.
(d) The spelling of her name.
3. What are Jazmin's parents doing when they decide on the spelling of Jazmin's name?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Bathing CeCe.
(c) Timing her contractions.
(d) Cooking dinner.
4. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
(b) A bed.
(d) Her own room.
5. Who is Aunt Sarah?
(a) CeCe's aunt.
(b) Jazmin's aunt.
(c) Jazmin's neighbor.
(d) D.J.'s aunt.
6. Where is the card game set up?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
7. What kind of drugs are sold at the bar?
8. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) At a boarding school.
(c) In orphanages.
(d) In rooming houses.
9. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
(a) They were not given dinner.
(b) They were made to do chores.
(c) They didn't.
(d) They were being beaten.
10. How many guns does CeCe have?
11. How many bedrooms does Jazmin's apartment have?
(b) One and one half.
(d) Two and one half.
12. Who brings the gun to the poker party?
13. Where do Jazmin's visions come to life?
(a) On the stoop.
(b) In libraries and bookstores.
(c) At school.
(d) In her apartment.
14. What does Jazmin say that words are like?
(a) Concrete blocks.
15. What color does Sister Church wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
2. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
3. How does Jazmin describe her legs?
4. How many others did Jazmin often have to share a bed with?
5. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)