|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Jazmin's father's car?
2. What has Crew never done?
(b) Played poker.
(c) Eaten chicken.
(d) Given CeCe money.
3. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
(a) To talk about Jazmin's grades.
(b) To talk about Jazmin's behavior.
(c) To talk about getting a GED.
(d) To talk about dress codes.
4. What kind of games are played at the bar?
5. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
(c) Aunt Sarah.
(d) Sister Church.
6. How long has Jazmin lived at 2104 Amsterdam Avenue?
(a) All of her life.
(b) Two years, on two separate occasions.
(c) Only one month.
(d) Nearly one year.
7. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
(a) Nun's apparel.
(b) A revealing dress.
(c) Men's clothing.
(d) Yards of African fabric.
8. What does Jazmin finally raid to get her paper?
(a) The park's bathroom.
(b) Someone's purse.
(c) A trash can.
(d) A library.
9. What does Jazmin not have with her?
10. Who is CeCe?
(a) Jazmin's sister.
(b) Jazmin's aunt.
(c) Jazmin's mother.
(d) Jazmin's best friend.
11. What type of music does Jazmin's father like?
12. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) None of it.
(b) A few lines.
(c) The main idea.
(d) A word or two.
13. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
14. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
(b) Three times.
(c) Some never.
15. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is driving in his car.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is on the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
2. Who gave Jazmin and CeCe the key to their mother's apartment?
3. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
4. What type of sweater does Jazmin wear?
5. What business is on the other side of Jazmin's apartment?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)