|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is CeCe when Jazmin is born?
2. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
(a) By size.
(b) By feel.
(c) By sight.
(d) By asking someone else.
3. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) On the subway.
(b) She isn't sure.
(c) Running up the steps to her apartment.
(d) In the park.
4. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is driving in his car.
(c) He is on the bus.
(d) He is dead.
5. What instrument did Jazmin's father play?
6. What type of jeans did Jazmin wear?
(a) Boot cut.
(c) She doesn't.
7. How does Jazmin describe her legs?
(a) Coke bottle legs.
(b) Spindly legs.
(c) Chicken legs.
(d) Fat legs.
8. To what does Jazmin compare the art of writing her poems?
(b) Writing music.
(c) Shaping clay.
(d) Digging through trash.
9. How does Jazmin describe her glasses?
(a) Coke bottles.
(c) Bug shields.
10. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) A few lines.
(b) None of it.
(c) A word or two.
(d) The main idea.
11. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
(a) They were running.
(b) They left after dark.
(c) They were skipping.
(d) They were chasing each other.
12. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
13. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
(b) Clean house.
(d) Practice piano.
14. How does Jazmin's father want to spell her name?
15. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) John Coltrane.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) Benny Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
2. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
3. What does CeCe tell Jazmin?
4. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
5. What is one name to which Jazmin does not suggest her name be changed?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)