|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
(a) She can't smell.
(b) She can't walk.
(c) She can't see.
(d) She can't hear.
2. With what does Jazmin say she was born?
(a) Plenty of space.
(b) Clenched fists.
(c) Bad eyes.
(d) A good disposition.
3. What is Jazmin's last name?
4. What does Jazmin finally raid to get her paper?
(a) A library.
(b) The park's bathroom.
(c) A trash can.
(d) Someone's purse.
5. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
6. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is on the bus.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is driving in his car.
7. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
(a) Untill she gets out of college.
(b) Untill she gets out of middle school.
(c) Untill she gets out of junior high.
(d) Untill she gets out of high school.
8. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
(b) Bronzed baby shoes.
(c) African dresses.
(d) Baby pictures.
9. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
(a) They were running.
(b) They left after dark.
(c) They were chasing each other.
(d) They were skipping.
10. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
(a) He sells insurance.
(b) He plays music.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He drives a taxi.
11. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
(a) The ice cream man.
(b) Girls jumping rope.
(c) The numbers runner.
12. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
(a) A pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) Money to buy paper.
13. What color was Jazmin's father's car?
14. On what streets does Jazmin's family live when she is born?
(a) Lenox and 133rd.
(b) Lenox and 132nd.
(c) Leonard and 132nd.
(d) Leonard and 133rd.
15. What does Jazmin say does not exist?
(a) Angels and UFO's.
(b) Memories of her childhood.
(c) Pictures of her as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Jazmin lived at 2104 Amsterdam Avenue?
2. What emotion does Jazmin feel as she is writing?
3. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
4. What is one name to which Jazmin does not suggest her name be changed?
5. Why do the girls have a poker party?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)