|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What walks the streets by invitation?
2. Who gave Jazmin and CeCe the key to their mother's apartment?
(c) No one.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
3. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(a) More medication.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) A dismissal.
4. What type of sweater does Jazmin wear?
(c) Cable knit.
(d) Turtle neck.
5. Where is Jazmin when a gunfight breaks out in her neighborhood?
(a) In the apartment vestibule.
(b) On the stoop.
(c) At school.
(d) In her bedroom.
6. Where is the card game set up?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
7. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
(a) They were not given dinner.
(b) They were made to do chores.
(c) They didn't.
(d) They were being beaten.
8. Where is Jazmin when she wants to write a poem but has not paper?
(a) At school.
(b) On her stoop.
(c) In Central Park.
(d) In a store.
9. How old is CeCe when Jazmin is born?
10. What does Jazmin not have with her?
11. How does Jazmin recognize coins if she doesn't have her glasses on?
(a) By sight.
(b) By feel.
(c) By asking someone else.
(d) By size.
12. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
13. What does Jazmin want?
(a) Contact lenses.
(b) More friends.
(c) New clothes.
14. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) Her name.
(b) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(c) The spelling of her name.
(d) What room will be hers.
15. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
(a) The ice cream man.
(b) Girls jumping rope.
(c) The numbers runner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jazmin say does not exist?
2. For what does Jazmin ask the people in the park?
3. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
4. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
5. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)