|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what song are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Sophisticated Lady.
(c) I'll be going now.
(d) In the Mood.
2. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
3. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
(a) Some never.
(d) Three times.
4. What does CeCe tell Jazmin?
(a) She's smart.
(b) She's pretty.
(c) She loves her.
(d) She's beautiful.
5. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
(a) She can't hear.
(b) She can't smell.
(c) She can't walk.
(d) She can't see.
6. Who comes to the poker party for the first time?
7. What does Jazmin not wear when she wants to attract male attention?
(c) A coat.
(d) Her glasses.
8. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
9. How long has Jazmin lived at 2104 Amsterdam Avenue?
(a) All of her life.
(b) Nearly one year.
(c) Two years, on two separate occasions.
(d) Only one month.
10. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
(a) African dresses.
(c) Baby pictures.
(d) Bronzed baby shoes.
11. Where is Jazmin's mother?
(a) At home.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At work.
12. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
13. What is Jazmin's last name?
14. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(b) What room will be hers.
(c) The spelling of her name.
(d) Her name.
15. Where did Jazmin lose her poem?
(a) Running up the steps to her apartment.
(b) She isn't sure.
(c) On the subway.
(d) In the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object reminds Jazmin of her father?
2. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
3. How old is Jazmin?
4. What color does Sister Church wear?
5. What does Jazmin say that words are like?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)