|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
2. What did Jazmin not have to do that evening?
(a) Clean house.
(b) Practice piano.
3. What did Jazmin do the next time she saw Timothy?
(a) Doesn't talk to him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Begs him to stop taking drugs.
4. On what do Jazmin's parents agree?
(a) The spelling of her name.
(b) The spelling of CeCe's name.
(c) Her name.
(d) What room will be hers.
5. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
(a) A Cracker box.
(b) A shoe box.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A Cracker Jack box.
6. Who brings the gun to the poker party?
7. To what jazz artist are Jazmin's parents listening?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) John Coltrane.
(c) Benny Goodman.
(d) Dizzy Gillespie.
8. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) A dismissal.
(d) More medication.
9. What color does Sister Church wear?
10. How does Jazmin describe her hair?
11. What happens to Jazmin when she takes off her glasses?
(a) She can't see.
(b) She can't walk.
(c) She can't smell.
(d) She can't hear.
12. What business is on the other side of Jazmin's apartment?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A pharmacy.
(d) A jazz club.
13. Where is Jazmin's father?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is driving in his car.
(d) He is on the bus.
14. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
(d) Rhythm and blues.
15. Where did Jazmin live most of her younger years?
(a) In rooming houses.
(b) At a boarding school.
(c) In orphanages.
(d) In a mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people who Jazmin asks for paper do?
2. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
3. What type of music does Jazmin's father like?
4. Where does Jazmin live?
5. Of whom do T.C.'s eyes remind Jazmin?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)