|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
(c) A bed.
(d) Her own room.
2. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
3. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
(c) Rhythm and blues.
4. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
(b) Some never.
(d) Three times.
5. What does Jazmin say does not exist?
(a) Memories of her childhood.
(b) Pictures of her as a child.
(c) Angels and UFO's.
6. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(b) Shock therapy.
(c) A dismissal.
(d) More medication.
7. How much of the poem does Jazmin remember?
(a) None of it.
(b) The main idea.
(c) A word or two.
(d) A few lines.
8. How does Jazmin's father want to spell her name?
9. What does Jazmin not have with her?
10. What business is on the other side of Jazmin's apartment?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) A laundromat.
(c) A jazz club.
(d) A movie theater.
11. During what decade is the book written?
12. What color was Jazmin's father's car?
13. Why is CeCe called to Jazmin's school?
(a) To talk about Jazmin's grades.
(b) To talk about Jazmin's behavior.
(c) To talk about dress codes.
(d) To talk about getting a GED.
14. What does Jazmin say it is wrong to sell?
(a) Baby pictures.
(b) African dresses.
(d) Bronzed baby shoes.
15. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Sanders.
(b) Mr. Taylor.
(c) Mr. Hinson.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
2. What does CeCe wear to this visit to school?
3. Where is the card game set up?
4. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
5. How long does Jazmin plan on being vain and shallow?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)