|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Jazmin plan to fight?
(a) Her own room.
(b) A bed.
2. What color does Sister Church wear?
3. To what does Jazmin compare their first apartment?
(a) A shoe box.
(b) A Cracker Jack box.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A Cracker box.
4. What is next to Jazmin's apartment?
(a) Garden of Eden Bar and Grill.
(b) Paradise Bar and Grill.
(c) Amsterdam Bar and Grill.
(d) New Life Bar and Grill.
5. What kind of music comes from the bar and grill?
(d) Rhythm and blues.
6. Who is not in the street during the April 23 entry?
(b) Girls jumping rope.
(c) The ice cream man.
(d) The numbers runner.
7. How does Jazmin describe her glasses?
(a) Coke bottles.
(c) Bug shields.
8. What kind of hair does Jazmin want?
9. What is Jazmin's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mr. Hinson.
(c) Mr. Sanders.
(d) Aunt Sarah.
10. Why did the girls run away from their foster home?
(a) They were made to do chores.
(b) They didn't.
(c) They were being beaten.
(d) They were not given dinner.
11. What walks the streets by invitation?
12. What are doctors thinking about giving to Jazmin's mother?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) A dismissal.
(c) More medication.
13. Which photo of Jabari made Jazmin laugh?
(a) His kindergarten photo.
(b) His prom photo.
(c) His graduation photo.
(d) His baby photo.
14. How many times does Jazmin say she has lived in each borough of New York City?
(a) Three times.
(b) Some never.
15. Where does Jazmin live?
(a) Amsterdam Avenue.
(b) 101st Street.
(c) Pennsylvania Avenue.
(d) Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
2. How did the sisters get away from their abusive foster home without causing suspicion?
3. What does Jazmin not have with her?
4. What does Jazmin's father do for a living?
5. What emotion does Jazmin feel as she is writing?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)