|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Central Park Lesson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jazmin's parents doing when they decide on the spelling of Jazmin's name?
(a) Timing her contractions.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Bathing CeCe.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. Where does Jazmin like to sit?
(a) On her couch.
(b) On her windowseat.
(c) On her stoop.
(d) On her deck.
3. During what decade is the book written?
4. Why does Jazmin believe the people react the way they do to her?
(a) She is talking to herself.
(b) She is black.
(c) She looks threatening.
(d) She is alone.
5. To what does Jazmin compare the art of writing her poems?
(a) Digging through trash.
(c) Writing music.
(d) Shaping clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of businesses are not on Amsterdam Avenue?
2. How does Jazmin's mother want to spell her name?
3. How old was Jazmin when she and CeCe ran away from their foster home?
4. Who does Jazmin credit with getting her and her sister to their mother's home?
5. What sense does CeCe say Jazmin is developing?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)