Chapter 1: April 7
* In this section of her journal, Jazmin describes the origin of her name.
Chapter 2: The Garden of Eden
* Jazmin's apartment is between a laundromat and a bar and grill.
* Jazmin wears glasses, has skinny legs and believes she is unattractive..
Chapter 3: Amsterdam Avenue
* Jazmin sits on her front stoop because there is more room there than in the apartment.
* Jazmin finds herself staring at J.D.'s shirt.
* Although there seems to be room for everything on Amsterdam Avenue, there is no room for bookstores or libraries.
Chapter 4: 42nd Street Library
* Jazmin's opening poem betrays her love of books.
* Aunt Sarah is not Jazmin's real aunt, but is kind to her and bring the sisters food when CeCe is low on cash.
* Every time Jazmin sees a man wearing a beret, she is reminded of her father who was killed in a car crash a year...
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)