Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
2. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
3. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
4. How much rent does Jayber pay at his new home?
5. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Jayber's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Jayber's life. Will he still be alive? Who will be present in his life? Where will he be living? What will his thoughts about the world and religion be by this time? Explain.
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)