|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
2. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
3. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
4. How much rent does Jayber pay at his new home?
5. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mattie Keith. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Mattie?
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold. What are the main sources of the conflict? Why does it perpetuate? What does Jayber learn about the source of Cecelia's true anger? Explain.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)