Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
2. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
3. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
4. How much rent does Jayber pay at his new home?
5. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Jayber's life. Will he still be alive? Who will be present in his life? Where will he be living? What will his thoughts about the world and religion be by this time? Explain.
Compare and contrast Jayber and Troy. Both men had and have influence over Mattie but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)