|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
2. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
3. For which of the following does Jayber NOT pray?
4. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
5. Who cuts Jayber's hair after he moves?
Essay Topic 1
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)