Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
2. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
3. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
4. How much rent does Jayber pay at his new home?
5. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment and cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Berry choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Berry is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)