|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jayber take to a Christmas dance at a roadhouse?
2. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
3. Who is Mattie's daughter?
4. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athey's wife?
2. Who are the men who dress in sheets and carry torches and rifles?
3. Why does Jayber get upset with Troy at the dance?
4. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
5. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in the Keith family that makes Troy feel as if he is free from any further obligations?
2. What seems to occupy much of Jayber's thoughts as he ages?
3. How does Jayber adjust to the changing world in the 1960s?
4. What does Jayber come to realize about the community and the inevitable changes in life?
5. What is Jayber's life like once he moves to the river?
6. What allows Jayber to forgive Cecelia and Troy even though they are both people he does not like?
7. How does Jayber perceive that Troy is not worthy of being married to Mattie?
8. What are the sad circumstances that allow Jayber to spend more time with Mattie?
9. What are the forces that prompt Jayber to move to the river?
10. What is the deep attraction that Jayber has for Mattie?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)