|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold?
2. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
3. For what reason is Jimmy in jail?
(a) Drunken driving.
(b) Possession of a weapon.
4. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
(b) Hit by a car.
(c) Congenital heart disease.
5. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(a) Near the river.
(d) Near the interstate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
2. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
3. Who was Athey's father?
4. What habit does Jayber begin again?
5. Who is Athey's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the deep attraction that Jayber has for Mattie?
2. What seems to occupy much of Jayber's thoughts as he ages?
3. What are the sad circumstances that allow Jayber to spend more time with Mattie?
4. Describe the dream Jayber has that includes many of his old friends.
5. What are the forces that prompt Jayber to move to the river?
6. Describe Jayber's move to the cabin and how he feels about such a transition.
7. How do Jayber and Athey become good friends?
8. How does the author show that both Jayber and Athey are capable of having compassion even for people they do not like?
9. What allows Jayber to forgive Cecelia and Troy even though they are both people he does not like?
10. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)