|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
2. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Polishing a headstone.
(b) Planting flowers.
(c) Clipping grass.
(d) Lying on her child's grave.
3. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
(a) Maggie Chatham.
(b) Jayber Crow.
(c) Troy Chatham.
(d) Burley Coulter.
4. By the 1960s, Jayber feels that the world has become ___________________.
5. What habit does Jayber begin again?
(d) Biting his nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
2. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
3. For what reason is Jimmy in jail?
4. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
5. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing regarding Jimmy?
2. How does Jayber struggle by being married to Mattie in his heart only?
3. What seems to occupy much of Jayber's thoughts as he ages?
4. What does Jayber come to realize about the community and the inevitable changes in life?
5. Describe Jayber's move to the cabin and how he feels about such a transition.
6. What are the sad circumstances that allow Jayber to spend more time with Mattie?
7. How do Jayber and Athey become good friends?
8. What is Jayber's life like once he moves to the river?
9. What lesson does the young Athey learn when his father puts him in charge of killing hogs one day?
10. What allows Jayber to forgive Cecelia and Troy even though they are both people he does not like?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)