|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
2. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
3. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
(a) Burley Coulter.
(b) Jayber Crow.
(c) Troy Chatham.
(d) Maggie Chatham.
4. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
(a) Congenital heart disease.
(c) Hit by a car.
5. Which Port William family is severely divided over the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Athey's physical condition?
2. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
3. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
4. Jayber has fantasies of __________________.
5. What habit does Jayber begin again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in the Keith family that makes Troy feel as if he is free from any further obligations?
2. Where do Jayber and Mattie meet occasionally and what is the nature of their meetings?
3. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing regarding Jimmy?
4. What is Jayber's life like once he moves to the river?
5. What is the deep attraction that Jayber has for Mattie?
6. What are the sad circumstances that allow Jayber to spend more time with Mattie?
7. What allows Jayber to forgive Cecelia and Troy even though they are both people he does not like?
8. Describe the dream Jayber has that includes many of his old friends.
9. What does Jayber come to realize about the community and the inevitable changes in life?
10. How does Jayber struggle by being married to Mattie in his heart only?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)