|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is marginal.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He is a womanizer.
2. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
(a) Nest Egg.
(b) State Park.
(c) Amusement Park.
3. Who calls to Jayber in a dream?
(c) Aunt Cordie.
4. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
5. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
(a) It will continue to grow.
(b) It has a lot of crime.
(c) Much of it is gone.
(d) It is always the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jayber's current home located?
2. What can be said about Mattie's character?
3. For what reason is Jimmy in jail?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
5. What is the nature of the relationship between Troy and Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the forces that prompt Jayber to move to the river?
2. Describe the dream Jayber has that includes many of his old friends.
3. What is Jayber's life like once he moves to the river?
4. What is the defining moment when Jayber commits himself silently to Mattie?
5. Where do Jayber and Mattie meet occasionally and what is the nature of their meetings?
6. What does Jayber realize as he begins to pray again?
7. What does Jayber consider to be the biggest difference between Troy and Mattie?
8. What does Jayber come to realize about the community and the inevitable changes in life?
9. What are the sad circumstances that allow Jayber to spend more time with Mattie?
10. What allows Jayber to forgive Cecelia and Troy even though they are both people he does not like?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)