|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Athey and Della will their farm?
2. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
(c) Alcohol abuse.
3. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
(a) Hit by a car.
(c) Congenital heart disease.
4. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
5. Who does Jayber take to a Christmas dance at a roadhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
2. Into what type of building does Jayber move?
3. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
4. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
5. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jayber struggle by being married to Mattie in his heart only?
2. What does Jayber consider to be the biggest difference between Troy and Mattie?
3. What is the defining moment when Jayber commits himself silently to Mattie?
4. Describe Jayber's move to the cabin and how he feels about such a transition.
5. How does Jayber adjust to the changing world in the 1960s?
6. How does the author show that both Jayber and Athey are capable of having compassion even for people they do not like?
7. Describe the dream Jayber has that includes many of his old friends.
8. What lesson does the young Athey learn when his father puts him in charge of killing hogs one day?
9. What does Jayber realize as he begins to pray again?
10. How does the author use the technique of foreshadowing regarding Jimmy?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)