|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
(a) He won't be staying long.
(b) He never missed this place.
(c) He is frightened of the changes.
(d) He is home.
2. At what sport does Troy excel in school?
3. Who is the woman with whom Jayber has a relationship?
4. After Roy dies, Jayber realizes that Cecelia had always seen Roy as ________________.
(a) Her child.
(b) Her enemy.
(c) Her burden.
(d) Her hero.
5. In what year was Jayber born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
2. Who is Dr. Ardmire?
3. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
4. Who is Mattie's father?
5. In school, Jayber is taught that everything bad is attributed to _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of the book?
2. What is Jayber's obsession with Mattie?
3. Where is Jayber Crow's barber shop located and who are his patrons?
4. What does Jayber do after he has made the decision to leave college?
5. What is the philosophy of the orphanage and how does it impact Jayber?
6. How do Athey and Troy differ in their views on how a farm should be run?
7. Describe what life is like for J during his school years.
8. What are Jayber's perceptions of the war?
9. Why is J both vulnerable and comfortable when he meets with Burley and Mat?
10. How does J encounter Burley Coulter and what does Burley encourage J to do?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)