|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jayber recalls hearing about what dramatic weather in 1918?
(b) Ice storm.
(d) Dust storm.
2. Why is Jayber rejected by the military?
(a) He has a heart murmur.
(b) He has flat feet.
(c) He is not rejected.
(d) He is gay.
3. Which Port William resident has a dream about his son in the war?
(a) Burley Coulter.
(b) Sam Jackson.
(c) Mat Feltner.
(d) Athey Keith.
4. What is Stanley Gibbs' job?
5. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
(a) The Rosebud Cafe.
(c) The library.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. The orphanage's belief is that order comes from _______________.
2. What does Jayber enjoy most about church services?
3. Where does Jayber keep his money?
4. What is one of Roy's failures according to Cecelia?
5. Who is Mattie Keith's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does gardening fill in Jayber's life?
2. Who are some of the friends and neighbors little Jonas calls aunt and uncle while living with Othy and Cordie?
3. Describe what life is like for J during his school years.
4. What is the internal impetus that drives J to return to his roots?
5. Who is Clydie and what is Jayber's relationship with her?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Jayber's interest in Mattie Keith?
7. Why does Jayber feel he has betrayed Athey when he talks to Troy about farming?
8. How does little Jonas get the nickname "J?"
9. What is Cecelia's opinion of her husband, Roy, and why does she consider Jayber to be her enemy?
10. What spiritual moments about the past and present does Jayber experience in church?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)