|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jayber when Aunt Cordie dies?
2. Who is Mattie's mother?
3. In what state does Jayber live?
4. In what town does Jayber live with his aunt and uncle?
(a) Squires Landing.
5. How much money does the man in #43 give to Jayber?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Dark Tom?
2. Jayber goes to work ________________.
3. What is one of Roy's failures according to Cecelia?
4. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
5. Where does Jayber sleep on his first night back in Port William?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the philosophy of the orphanage and how does it impact Jayber?
2. What does J encounter when he leaves Lexington bound for home?
3. What is the environment of Port William like and how does J (who is not called Jayber) fit in?
4. How does Jayber first encounter Mattie Keith?
5. What is Cecelia's opinion of her husband, Roy, and why does she consider Jayber to be her enemy?
6. Where is Jayber Crow's barber shop located and who are his patrons?
7. What does Jayber do after he has made the decision to leave college?
8. What does Jayber discover as he revisits the sites of his childhood?
9. What is the premise of the book?
10. Why is J both vulnerable and comfortable when he meets with Burley and Mat?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)