|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jayber go after Aunt Cordie dies?
(a) A monastery.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A Catholic boarding school.
(d) His great-aunt's home.
2. How long does Jayber keep the shop open?
(a) He closes at 8 p.m.
(b) He is open as long as people are there.
(c) It varies from week to week.
(d) He closes at 6 p.m.
3. Who takes over Stanley Gibbs' job when he dies?
4. What does Jayber never forget about a girl he never sees again?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her perfume.
(c) Her kiss.
(d) Her laugh.
5. For what amount does Jayber buy the barber shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayber come to believe about the Bible?
2. After Roy dies, Jayber realizes that Cecelia had always seen Roy as ________________.
3. What was Jayber's father's job?
4. What is the capital of Kentucky?
5. At what sport does Troy excel in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jayber's obsession with Mattie?
2. How does Jayber struggle by being married to Mattie in his heart only?
3. What are the forces that prompt Jayber to move to the river?
4. What does J encounter when he leaves Lexington bound for home?
5. How does J encounter Burley Coulter and what does Burley encourage J to do?
6. How does the author show that both Jayber and Athey are capable of having compassion even for people they do not like?
7. How does Jayber perceive that Troy is not worthy of being married to Mattie?
8. How does little Jonas get the nickname "J?"
9. What is the defining moment when Jayber commits himself silently to Mattie?
10. What is Cecelia Overhold's opinion of Port William?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)