|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayber feel for Cecelia and Troy?
2. Troy Chatham feels that the answer to the future lies in more technology and ____________.
3. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
(a) She doesn't know he exists.
(b) He can never have her.
(c) He is too embarrassed to talk to her.
(d) She is too shy to tell him she loves him.
4. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
5. Who is Mattie's daughter?
6. What is the relationship between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold?
7. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
(a) Amusement Park.
(b) State Park.
(d) Nest Egg.
8. Jayber finds it pleasurable to __________________.
(a) Hate Troy.
(b) Go deep sea diving.
(c) Sing at choir practice.
(d) Read a good book.
9. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
10. Which Port William family is severely divided over the Civil War?
11. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
(a) His spine is injured.
(b) His pelvis is crushed.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He breaks his leg.
12. Why is Jayber's barber shop cited by a government inspector?
(a) It does not have paper towels.
(b) It does not have a handicapped ramp.
(c) It has no running water.
(d) It does not have a hand sanitizer.
13. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
(a) Much of it is gone.
(b) It is always the same.
(c) It will continue to grow.
(d) It has a lot of crime.
14. How much rent does Jayber pay at his new home?
15. What hope does Cecelia have for newcomers to town?
(a) That they have children.
(b) That they are superior like she is.
(c) That they will stay for many years.
(d) That they are church-goers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
2. What is Athey's physical condition?
3. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
4. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
5. Why does Mattie ask Jayber to come to Athey's house?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)