|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Athey's father?
(a) Connor Keith.
(b) Carter Keith.
(c) Charles Keith.
(d) Clarence Keith.
2. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
(a) Jack Russell Terriers.
(b) Cocker Spaniels.
(c) Border Collies.
3. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
4. What kind of pastry do Burley Coulter and Big Ellis bake?
(d) A cake.
5. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
6. Who are the men who dress in sheets and carry torches and rifles?
(a) The Chi Omega fraternity brothers.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) The White Rose Society.
(d) The Regulators.
7. To whom do Athey and Della will their farm?
8. What does Jayber feel for Cecelia and Troy?
9. Who cuts Jayber's hair after he moves?
10. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
(a) Carnal lust.
(b) Mild attraction.
(c) Pure love.
11. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
12. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
(a) He is too embarrassed to talk to her.
(b) She doesn't know he exists.
(c) She is too shy to tell him she loves him.
(d) He can never have her.
13. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
14. Jayber observes Mattie playing with the children at ________________.
(a) Her home.
(b) The playground.
(c) The nursery school.
(d) Bible School.
15. What is the relationship between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said about Mattie's character?
2. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
3. What is the nature of the relationship between Troy and Jimmy?
4. Troy Chatham feels that the answer to the future lies in more technology and ____________.
5. Troy mortgages Mattie's farm and turns it into a/an ____________________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)