|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(b) Near the river.
(d) Near the interstate.
2. Who cuts Jayber's hair after he moves?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
4. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
(a) He is too embarrassed to talk to her.
(b) She doesn't know he exists.
(c) She is too shy to tell him she loves him.
(d) He can never have her.
5. Why is Jayber's barber shop cited by a government inspector?
(a) It does not have a handicapped ramp.
(b) It does not have paper towels.
(c) It has no running water.
(d) It does not have a hand sanitizer.
6. What is the relationship between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold?
7. What hope does Cecelia have for newcomers to town?
(a) That they will stay for many years.
(b) That they have children.
(c) That they are church-goers.
(d) That they are superior like she is.
8. Jayber feels that he is married to Mattie ___________________.
(a) In his heart only.
(b) If she will have him.
(c) In a former life.
(d) In his wildest dreams.
9. What silent commitment does Jayber make to Mattie?
(a) To support an orphanage.
(b) To be the husband she deserves.
(c) To watch out for her finances.
(d) To become a minister.
10. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
(a) A scar on his cheek.
(b) A limp.
(c) A missing finger.
(d) A chipped tooth.
11. Who is Mattie's daughter?
12. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
13. What is the nature of the relationship between Troy and Jimmy?
14. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
(a) Maggie Chatham.
(b) Jayber Crow.
(c) Troy Chatham.
(d) Burley Coulter.
15. For what reason is Jimmy in jail?
(a) Possession of a weapon.
(b) Drunken driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
2. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
3. What kind of pastry do Burley Coulter and Big Ellis bake?
4. Jayber finds it pleasurable to __________________.
5. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)