|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
2. What is Athey's physical condition?
(a) He has been having strokes.
(b) He has lung cancer.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He has Diabetes.
3. Who are the men who dress in sheets and carry torches and rifles?
(a) The White Rose Society.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) The Chi Omega fraternity brothers.
(d) The Regulators.
4. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is abusive.
(c) He is marginal.
(d) He is a womanizer.
5. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(a) Near the river.
(b) Near the interstate.
6. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
7. Who was Athey's father?
(a) Carter Keith.
(b) Connor Keith.
(c) Clarence Keith.
(d) Charles Keith.
8. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
(a) It is always the same.
(b) Much of it is gone.
(c) It has a lot of crime.
(d) It will continue to grow.
9. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
(a) Evil twins.
(b) Freaks of nature.
(d) Siamese twins.
10. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
11. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
12. What habit does Jayber begin again?
(d) Biting his nails.
13. Troy mortgages Mattie's farm and turns it into a/an ____________________.
(a) Indoor pig farm.
(b) Health spa.
(c) Living museum.
(d) Amusement park.
14. Jayber cannot understand why _____________________.
(a) Kids do drugs.
(b) God abandons people.
(c) People can be cruel.
(d) Love is hard.
15. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
(a) Hat rack.
(b) Coca-Cola machine.
(d) Barber chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troy Chatham feels that the answer to the future lies in more technology and ____________.
2. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
3. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
4. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
5. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)