|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
2. Who was Athey's father?
(a) Carter Keith.
(b) Clarence Keith.
(c) Charles Keith.
(d) Connor Keith.
3. Jayber observes Mattie playing with the children at ________________.
(a) The nursery school.
(b) Bible School.
(c) The playground.
(d) Her home.
4. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Lying on her child's grave.
(b) Planting flowers.
(c) Polishing a headstone.
(d) Clipping grass.
5. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
6. Who are the men who dress in sheets and carry torches and rifles?
(a) The Chi Omega fraternity brothers.
(b) The Regulators.
(c) The White Rose Society.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Athey and Della's property after their deaths?
(d) No fences.
8. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
(a) Border Collies.
(b) Jack Russell Terriers.
(c) Cocker Spaniels.
9. Troy Chatham feels that the answer to the future lies in more technology and ____________.
10. What silent commitment does Jayber make to Mattie?
(a) To be the husband she deserves.
(b) To become a minister.
(c) To support an orphanage.
(d) To watch out for her finances.
11. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
(a) Pure love.
(b) Mild attraction.
(d) Carnal lust.
12. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
(a) Live very long.
(b) Found organized religion.
(c) Die at such a young age.
(d) Scare people.
13. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
14. Who is Mattie's daughter?
15. Jayber finds it pleasurable to __________________.
(a) Go deep sea diving.
(b) Hate Troy.
(c) Sing at choir practice.
(d) Read a good book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
2. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
3. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
4. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
5. Who cuts Jayber's hair after he moves?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)