|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jayber and ____________ are with Athey when he dies.
2. What does a drunk in the barber shop do that prompts Athey to react angrily?
(a) Makes a racial slur.
(b) Is disrespectful to Jayber.
(c) Tries to cheat Jayber.
(d) Makes an inappropriate comment about Mattie.
3. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(a) Near the river.
(b) Near the interstate.
4. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
(a) She makes fun of him in public.
(b) She is hostile.
(c) She pretends he doesn't exist.
(d) She is flirtatious.
5. Why does Mattie ask Jayber to come to Athey's house?
(a) To shave Athey.
(b) To fix the furnace.
(c) To keep Athey company.
(d) To pray with Athey.
6. Why is Jayber's barber shop cited by a government inspector?
(a) It does not have paper towels.
(b) It has no running water.
(c) It does not have a hand sanitizer.
(d) It does not have a handicapped ramp.
7. Who calls to Jayber in a dream?
(d) Aunt Cordie.
8. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
9. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
10. Which Port William family is severely divided over the Civil War?
11. For which of the following does Jayber NOT pray?
(b) God's will to be done.
(c) Good weather for the football game.
(d) Good intentions for others.
12. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
(a) Much of it is gone.
(b) It is always the same.
(c) It will continue to grow.
(d) It has a lot of crime.
13. Who are the men who dress in sheets and carry torches and rifles?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Chi Omega fraternity brothers.
(c) The White Rose Society.
(d) The Regulators.
14. What habit does Jayber begin again?
(d) Biting his nails.
15. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Athey's physical condition?
2. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
3. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
4. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
5. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)