|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a drunk in the barber shop do that prompts Athey to react angrily?
(a) Is disrespectful to Jayber.
(b) Makes an inappropriate comment about Mattie.
(c) Tries to cheat Jayber.
(d) Makes a racial slur.
2. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
(b) Nest Egg.
(c) Amusement Park.
(d) State Park.
3. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
5. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
(a) Jack Russell Terriers.
(c) Border Collies.
(d) Cocker Spaniels.
6. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
7. Who calls to Jayber in a dream?
(c) Aunt Cordie.
8. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is marginal.
(b) He is a womanizer.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is abusive.
9. Why does Jayber get upset with Troy at the dance?
(a) Troy gets falling-down drunk.
(b) Troy starts a fight with Jayber.
(c) Troy hits a man with a beer bottle.
(d) Troy is dancing with a blonde woman.
10. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
(a) It has a lot of crime.
(b) Much of it is gone.
(c) It is always the same.
(d) It will continue to grow.
11. For what reason is Jimmy in jail?
(b) Possession of a weapon.
(c) Drunken driving.
12. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
13. Jayber and ____________ are with Athey when he dies.
14. Which of the following does NOT describe Athey and Della's property after their deaths?
(a) No fences.
15. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
(a) Mild attraction.
(b) Carnal lust.
(c) Pure love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
2. Troy mortgages Mattie's farm and turns it into a/an ____________________.
3. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
4. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
5. Jayber cannot understand why _____________________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)