|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
2. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
(a) Hat rack.
(b) Coca-Cola machine.
(d) Barber chair.
3. Jayber cannot understand why _____________________.
(a) God abandons people.
(b) Kids do drugs.
(c) People can be cruel.
(d) Love is hard.
4. Jayber finds it pleasurable to __________________.
(a) Go deep sea diving.
(b) Hate Troy.
(c) Sing at choir practice.
(d) Read a good book.
5. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(c) Near the river.
(d) Near the interstate.
6. Jayber feels that he is married to Mattie ___________________.
(a) If she will have him.
(b) In his heart only.
(c) In his wildest dreams.
(d) In a former life.
7. Who was Athey's father?
(a) Connor Keith.
(b) Carter Keith.
(c) Clarence Keith.
(d) Charles Keith.
8. Why is Jayber's barber shop cited by a government inspector?
(a) It does not have a hand sanitizer.
(b) It does not have a handicapped ramp.
(c) It does not have paper towels.
(d) It has no running water.
9. Who is Mattie's daughter?
10. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
(a) Freaks of nature.
(c) Evil twins.
(d) Siamese twins.
11. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
12. Who calls to Jayber in a dream?
(b) Aunt Cordie.
13. Who is Athey's wife?
14. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
(a) She is too shy to tell him she loves him.
(b) He is too embarrassed to talk to her.
(c) She doesn't know he exists.
(d) He can never have her.
15. Why does Jayber get upset with Troy at the dance?
(a) Troy starts a fight with Jayber.
(b) Troy gets falling-down drunk.
(c) Troy hits a man with a beer bottle.
(d) Troy is dancing with a blonde woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
2. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
3. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
4. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
5. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)