|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mattie's daughter?
2. Jayber cannot understand why _____________________.
(a) Love is hard.
(b) Kids do drugs.
(c) People can be cruel.
(d) God abandons people.
3. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
(a) Die at such a young age.
(b) Found organized religion.
(c) Live very long.
(d) Scare people.
4. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
(d) Alcohol abuse.
5. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
(a) She pretends he doesn't exist.
(b) She is hostile.
(c) She is flirtatious.
(d) She makes fun of him in public.
6. What is Athey's physical condition?
(a) He has been having strokes.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He has lung cancer.
(d) He has Diabetes.
7. What habit does Jayber begin again?
(b) Biting his nails.
8. Why does Jayber get upset with Troy at the dance?
(a) Troy starts a fight with Jayber.
(b) Troy gets falling-down drunk.
(c) Troy is dancing with a blonde woman.
(d) Troy hits a man with a beer bottle.
9. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
(a) Barber chair.
(c) Hat rack.
(d) Coca-Cola machine.
10. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
11. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
12. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
(a) Jayber Crow.
(b) Burley Coulter.
(c) Maggie Chatham.
(d) Troy Chatham.
13. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
14. Troy Chatham feels that the answer to the future lies in more technology and ____________.
15. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Clipping grass.
(b) Polishing a headstone.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Lying on her child's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Athey's father?
2. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
3. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
4. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
5. By the 1960s, Jayber feels that the world has become ___________________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)