|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
(a) A scar on his cheek.
(b) A chipped tooth.
(c) A missing finger.
(d) A limp.
2. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
(a) Evil twins.
(c) Siamese twins.
(d) Freaks of nature.
3. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
(a) She is flirtatious.
(b) She pretends he doesn't exist.
(c) She makes fun of him in public.
(d) She is hostile.
4. How much rent does Jayber pay at his new home?
5. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
6. Which Port William family is severely divided over the Civil War?
7. What does a drunk in the barber shop do that prompts Athey to react angrily?
(a) Tries to cheat Jayber.
(b) Makes a racial slur.
(c) Is disrespectful to Jayber.
(d) Makes an inappropriate comment about Mattie.
8. What kind of pastry do Burley Coulter and Big Ellis bake?
(b) A cake.
9. Who was Athey's father?
(a) Clarence Keith.
(b) Carter Keith.
(c) Charles Keith.
(d) Connor Keith.
10. Who does Jayber take to a Christmas dance at a roadhouse?
11. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
12. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
(b) Coca-Cola machine.
(c) Barber chair.
(d) Hat rack.
13. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
(b) Nest Egg.
(c) State Park.
(d) Amusement Park.
14. Why does Mattie ask Jayber to come to Athey's house?
(a) To fix the furnace.
(b) To pray with Athey.
(c) To keep Athey company.
(d) To shave Athey.
15. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Clipping grass.
(b) Polishing a headstone.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Lying on her child's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jayber cannot understand why _____________________.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
3. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
4. Jayber finds it pleasurable to __________________.
5. What can be said about Mattie's character?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)