|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
(a) She is hostile.
(b) She makes fun of him in public.
(c) She is flirtatious.
(d) She pretends he doesn't exist.
2. For what reason is Jimmy in jail?
(a) Possession of a weapon.
(d) Drunken driving.
3. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
(a) Hat rack.
(b) Coca-Cola machine.
(d) Barber chair.
4. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
5. What does Jayber learn about Troy?
(a) He has a lot of debt.
(b) He is divorcing Mattie.
(c) He is moving out of state.
(d) He has a terminal illness.
6. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
7. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
(a) He was married before.
(b) He never knew his mother.
(c) He had a child with another woman.
(d) He listed Jayber in his will.
8. Into what type of building does Jayber move?
9. Troy mortgages Mattie's farm and turns it into a/an ____________________.
(a) Living museum.
(b) Amusement park.
(c) Health spa.
(d) Indoor pig farm.
10. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
(a) His pelvis is crushed.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) His spine is injured.
11. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
(a) A limp.
(b) A missing finger.
(c) A scar on his cheek.
(d) A chipped tooth.
12. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(a) Near the interstate.
(b) Near the river.
13. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
14. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is a womanizer.
(b) He is marginal.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is abusive.
15. Which of the following does NOT describe Athey and Della's property after their deaths?
(d) No fences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
2. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
3. What is the relationship between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold?
4. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
5. What hope does Cecelia have for newcomers to town?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)