|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
2. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
3. To whom do Athey and Della will their farm?
4. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Planting flowers.
(b) Lying on her child's grave.
(c) Clipping grass.
(d) Polishing a headstone.
5. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) His pelvis is crushed.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) His spine is injured.
6. What is the relationship between Jayber and Cecelia Overhold?
7. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
(a) Jack Russell Terriers.
(b) Border Collies.
(c) Cocker Spaniels.
8. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
(b) Carnal lust.
(c) Pure love.
(d) Mild attraction.
9. Jayber finds it pleasurable to __________________.
(a) Go deep sea diving.
(b) Hate Troy.
(c) Read a good book.
(d) Sing at choir practice.
10. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
(a) Die at such a young age.
(b) Live very long.
(c) Scare people.
(d) Found organized religion.
11. Jayber feels that he is married to Mattie ___________________.
(a) In his wildest dreams.
(b) If she will have him.
(c) In his heart only.
(d) In a former life.
12. What does Jayber feel for Cecelia and Troy?
13. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
(a) He listed Jayber in his will.
(b) He had a child with another woman.
(c) He was married before.
(d) He never knew his mother.
14. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
15. In 1986, Jayber wonders how many people have purchased shares in _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troy mortgages Mattie's farm and turns it into a/an ____________________.
2. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Athey and Della's property after their deaths?
4. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
5. Jayber has fantasies of __________________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)