|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Jayber's hair after he moves?
2. Where do Jayber and Mattie occasionally meet?
(a) Amusement Park.
(b) State Park.
(d) Nest Egg.
3. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
4. What is Athey's physical condition?
(a) He has Diabetes.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He has been having strokes.
(d) He has lung cancer.
5. Why does Mattie ask Jayber to come to Athey's house?
(a) To fix the furnace.
(b) To shave Athey.
(c) To keep Athey company.
(d) To pray with Athey.
6. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
(a) He listed Jayber in his will.
(b) He never knew his mother.
(c) He had a child with another woman.
(d) He was married before.
7. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is a womanizer.
(b) He is abusive.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is marginal.
8. With what does Jayber struggle in his life?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
9. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
10. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
11. To whom do Athey and Della will their farm?
12. Who does Jayber take to a Christmas dance at a roadhouse?
13. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
14. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
(a) Pure love.
(b) Carnal lust.
(d) Mild attraction.
15. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What silent commitment does Jayber make to Mattie?
2. Why is Jayber's barber shop cited by a government inspector?
3. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
4. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
5. Jayber feels that he is married to Mattie ___________________.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)