|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) He is marginal.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He is gay.
2. Jayber cannot understand why _____________________.
(a) Kids do drugs.
(b) Love is hard.
(c) People can be cruel.
(d) God abandons people.
3. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(b) Near the river.
(c) Near the interstate.
4. What is the nature of the relationship between Troy and Jimmy?
5. What injury prompts Athey Keith to leave the farm?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) His pelvis is crushed.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) His spine is injured.
6. By the 1960s, Jayber feels that the world has become ___________________.
7. What hope does Cecelia have for newcomers to town?
(a) That they have children.
(b) That they are church-goers.
(c) That they will stay for many years.
(d) That they are superior like she is.
8. Who is Athey's wife?
9. Troy mortgages Mattie's farm and turns it into a/an ____________________.
(a) Amusement park.
(b) Health spa.
(c) Living museum.
(d) Indoor pig farm.
10. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
11. To whom do Athey and Della will their farm?
12. Who was Athey's father?
(a) Charles Keith.
(b) Carter Keith.
(c) Clarence Keith.
(d) Connor Keith.
13. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
14. Jayber and ____________ are with Athey when he dies.
15. What is Athey's physical condition?
(a) He has lung cancer.
(b) He has been having strokes.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He has Diabetes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jayber take to a Christmas dance at a roadhouse?
2. Who is Mattie's daughter?
3. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
4. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
5. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)