|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Athey's wife?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Athey and Della's property after their deaths?
(c) No fences.
3. Who cuts Jayber's hair after he moves?
4. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
5. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Clipping grass.
(b) Polishing a headstone.
(c) Lying on her child's grave.
(d) Planting flowers.
6. What is the nature of the relationship between Troy and Jimmy?
7. Jayber thinks that people today are too _____________.
8. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
(b) Freaks of nature.
(c) Siamese twins.
(d) Evil twins.
9. Jayber feels that Cecelia Overhold and ________________ are the two loneliest people in town.
(a) Burley Coulter.
(b) Jayber Crow.
(c) Troy Chatham.
(d) Maggie Chatham.
10. Who calls to Jayber in a dream?
(c) Aunt Cordie.
11. What is an ever-present threat to Jayber?
12. Who is the black woman who raised Athey Keith?
13. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
(a) She doesn't know he exists.
(b) She is too shy to tell him she loves him.
(c) He is too embarrassed to talk to her.
(d) He can never have her.
14. Jayber is convinced that Christ did not intend to __________________________.
(a) Scare people.
(b) Die at such a young age.
(c) Live very long.
(d) Found organized religion.
15. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
(a) A missing finger.
(b) A scar on his cheek.
(c) A limp.
(d) A chipped tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayber learn about Troy?
2. What does Della tell Jayber about Athey after Athey dies?
3. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
4. Who does Jayber take to a Christmas dance at a roadhouse?
5. What habit does Jayber begin again?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)