|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
(a) She is too shy to tell him she loves him.
(b) She doesn't know he exists.
(c) He is too embarrassed to talk to her.
(d) He can never have her.
2. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
(a) A chipped tooth.
(b) A limp.
(c) A scar on his cheek.
(d) A missing finger.
3. Jayber questions why _______________ always succeeds.
4. Why is Jayber's barber shop cited by a government inspector?
(a) It does not have a handicapped ramp.
(b) It has no running water.
(c) It does not have a hand sanitizer.
(d) It does not have paper towels.
5. Who is the grandson who spends a lot of time with Athey?
6. What can be said about Mattie's character?
(a) She is cunning.
(b) She is honest.
(c) She is deceitful.
(d) She is aggressive.
7. What does Jayber note about Port William now?
(a) It has a lot of crime.
(b) Much of it is gone.
(c) It will continue to grow.
(d) It is always the same.
8. What breed of dogs does Jayber get?
(a) Border Collies.
(b) Cocker Spaniels.
(d) Jack Russell Terriers.
9. Jayber feels that he is married to Mattie ___________________.
(a) In his wildest dreams.
(b) In a former life.
(c) If she will have him.
(d) In his heart only.
10. Where is Jayber's current home located?
(a) Near the river.
(c) Near the interstate.
11. How does Jayber recall Athey Keith as being?
12. What kind of pastry do Burley Coulter and Big Ellis bake?
(c) A cake.
13. How is Mattie's daughter killed?
(c) Congenital heart disease.
(d) Hit by a car.
14. What is the nature of Jayber and Mattie's meetings?
15. What is the nature of the relationship between Troy and Jimmy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
2. What does Jayber take with him when he moves?
3. Jayber observes Mattie playing with the children at ________________.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
5. Who is Mattie's only surviving child?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)