|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What employable skill does Jayber learn at the orphanage?
(d) Auto mechanics.
2. What event does Jayber recall that causes grief and angst among the people of Port William?
(a) The stock market crash of 1929.
(b) Japanese internment camps.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The attack on Pearl Harbor.
3. What does Jayber dislike about the boy in #73?
(a) His foul mouth.
(b) His cruelty.
(c) His disrespectful attitude.
(d) His sense of entitlement.
4. What was Jayber's father's job?
(b) Newspaper editor.
5. Where does Jayber keep his money?
(a) In his mattress.
(b) In a coffee can.
(c) A bank account.
(d) The lining of his jacket.
6. What type of business does Jayber own?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Auto parts store.
(d) Trucking company.
7. For what amount does Jayber buy the barber shop?
8. To what town does Jayber go to get his hair cut?
9. In what town was Jayber born?
10. With what element of nature is Jayber especially fascinated?
(a) The river.
(b) The sky.
(c) The mountains.
11. What is Stanley Gibbs' job?
12. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
(b) The whistles of trains.
(c) The look of the sky.
(d) The sound of the children.
13. Who cuts Jayber's hair?
(a) Vince Jensen.
(b) Vernie Greer.
(c) Vinnie MaGuire.
(d) Violet Greatlow.
14. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
(a) Wood shop.
(b) Reading books.
15. How long does Jayber keep the shop open?
(a) He closes at 8 p.m.
(b) He is open as long as people are there.
(c) It varies from week to week.
(d) He closes at 6 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does the person in #99 have after he has been drinking?
2. Who is the man who remembers Jayber as a child and returns him to Port William?
3. Who takes over Stanley Gibbs' job when he dies?
4. Jayber recalls hearing about what dramatic weather in 1918?
5. What does Athey Keith call the large stand of timber on his property?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)