|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
(a) World War II.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War I.
2. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
(a) Fox hunting.
(b) Liquor drinking.
(c) Poetry readings.
(d) Card playing.
3. What is Cecelia Overhold's gripe with Port William?
(a) She thinks it needs a shopping mall.
(b) She feels she has come from the upper class.
(c) She has been voted off the City Council.
(d) She does not like the mayor.
4. What does Jayber come to believe about the Bible?
(a) He doubts the literal truth of it.
(b) He has never read the Bible.
(c) He questions some of the passages.
(d) He believes every word in it.
5. What is the capital of Kentucky?
6. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
(a) Mr. Adams.
(b) Mr. Hayes.
(c) Mr. Kerrigan.
(d) Mr. Feltner.
7. What does Jayber never forget about a girl he never sees again?
(a) Her perfume.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her kiss.
(d) Her eyes.
8. Who are the black family who lives across the river from Jayber's aunt and uncle's farm?
(a) The Feverfews.
(b) The Frenches.
(c) The Fewclothes.
(d) The Furlongs.
9. In what state does Cecelia Overhold's sister live?
(a) New York.
10. What is the name of the town where Jayber lives?
(b) Port William.
11. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
12. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
(a) New fertilizers.
(b) High veterinary bills.
(c) Hybrid seeds.
(d) Mechanized farming.
13. What does Jayber find most striking about Mattie Keith?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her walk.
14. In what state does Jayber live?
15. How does Jayber pay for his college education?
(a) A benefactor.
(c) He gets a job.
(d) Bank loans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jayber perceived at the orphanage?
2. At what sport does Troy excel in school?
3. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
4. In what town does Jayber live with his aunt and uncle?
5. Why are so many people at the capital building?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)