|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about Dark Tom?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has one green eye and one blue eye.
(c) He has a peg leg.
(d) He is an albino.
2. In what year was Jayber born?
3. Where does Jayber go after Aunt Cordie dies?
(a) A monastery.
(b) His great-aunt's home.
(c) A Catholic boarding school.
(d) An orphanage.
4. What does Sam Hanks refuse to do when Jayber cuts his hair?
(a) Have any styling gel added to his hair.
(b) Get a shave.
(c) Take the $5 that he had once given Jayber.
(d) Have his hair washed.
5. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The whistles of trains.
(b) The sound of the children.
(c) The look of the sky.
(d) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
6. Why is Jayber rejected by the military?
(a) He has a heart murmur.
(b) He is not rejected.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He is gay.
7. Why does Jayber get special privileges at the orphanage?
(a) His interest in the ministry.
(b) His athletic prowess.
(c) His willingness to help others.
(d) His excellent grades.
8. Who are the black family who lives across the river from Jayber's aunt and uncle's farm?
(a) The Feverfews.
(b) The Fewclothes.
(c) The Frenches.
(d) The Furlongs.
9. Why is Troy Chatham labeled 4-F by the army?
(a) A bad knee.
(b) Heart murmur.
(d) Flat feet.
10. Why are so many people at the capital building?
(a) They are flood refugees.
(b) They are holding a rally.
(c) They are war protestors.
(d) They are attending a state funeral.
11. What is the name of the town where Jayber lives?
(c) Port William.
12. Where does Jayber keep his money?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) A bank account.
(c) The lining of his jacket.
(d) In his mattress.
13. How do most of the people in the region make a living?
14. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He is a convicted felon.
(b) He does not have any real objections to war.
(c) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
(d) He is too old to go into the military.
15. What is Jayber's favorite duty in the church?
(a) Polishing the pews.
(b) Straightening the hymnals.
(c) Ringing the bell.
(d) Washing the stained glass windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
2. What event does Jayber recall that causes grief and angst among the people of Port William?
3. In what state does Cecelia Overhold's sister live?
4. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
5. What type of business do Mattie's parents own?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)