|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jayber when Aunt Cordie dies?
2. In what state does Cecelia Overhold's sister live?
(c) New York.
3. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
4. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He does not have any real objections to war.
(b) He is too old to go into the military.
(c) He is a convicted felon.
(d) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
5. What does Jayber dislike about the boy in #73?
(a) His cruelty.
(b) His sense of entitlement.
(c) His disrespectful attitude.
(d) His foul mouth.
6. Who is Mattie's mother?
7. Whose hair is hardest to cut according to Jayber?
(a) Little boys'.
(b) Old men's.
8. Where does Jayber go after Aunt Cordie dies?
(a) A monastery.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) His great-aunt's home.
(d) A Catholic boarding school.
9. What does Jayber's shop become for the town?
(a) A voting place.
(b) A gathering place.
(c) A clinic.
(d) A soup kitchen.
10. For what amount does Jayber buy the barber shop?
11. What is the name of the town where Jayber lives?
(c) Port William.
12. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) Principal at the orphanage.
(b) A local TV celebrity.
(c) Principal at the Catholic school.
(d) Head monk at the monastery.
13. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
(a) Card playing.
(b) Liquor drinking.
(c) Fox hunting.
(d) Poetry readings.
14. Where does Jayber go to college?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Pigeonville College.
(c) University of Kentucky.
(d) The Ohio State University.
15. What type of business do Mattie's parents own?
(a) A service station.
(b) A farm.
(c) A medical clinic.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbor who spends a lot of time at the store but doesn't buy anything?
2. What food does Jayber recall Dark Tom's dog eating?
3. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
4. Who gives Jayber a ride as he walks toward the city in #42?
5. Where does Jayber sleep on his first night back in Port William?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)