|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the capital of Kentucky?
2. In what town does Jayber live with his aunt and uncle?
(c) Squires Landing.
3. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
4. What does Athey Keith call the large stand of timber on his property?
(b) God's country.
(c) Nest egg.
5. After Roy dies, Jayber realizes that Cecelia had always seen Roy as ________________.
(a) Her enemy.
(b) Her hero.
(c) Her burden.
(d) Her child.
6. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
(c) Wood shop.
(d) Reading books.
7. What does Jayber find most striking about Mattie Keith?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her walk.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her hair.
8. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
(a) The Watsons.
(b) The Jacksons.
(c) The Thripples.
(d) The Halls.
9. In school, Jayber is taught that everything bad is attributed to _________________.
(a) The body.
(b) The devil.
10. Who cuts Jayber's hair?
(a) Vernie Greer.
(b) Vince Jensen.
(c) Vinnie MaGuire.
(d) Violet Greatlow.
11. As an old man, Jayber thinks that life is very little time and mostly __________________.
12. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The whistles of trains.
(b) The look of the sky.
(c) The sound of the children.
(d) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
13. Jayber goes to work ________________.
(a) Selling Bibles.
(b) On a road crew.
(c) Fixing cars.
(d) As a barber.
14. Jayber rationalizes that _____________ does not change God's mind.
(b) Wishful thinking.
15. What does Troy plant in excess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam Hanks refuse to do when Jayber cuts his hair?
2. Why are so many people at the capital building?
3. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
4. What type of business does Jayber own?
5. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)