|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Ardmire?
(a) Jayber's medical doctor.
(b) A university instructor.
(c) A basketball star.
(d) A psychiatrist.
2. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber has quit.
(b) The barber just died.
(c) The barber moved to a bigger space.
(d) The barber is too old to work anymore.
3. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) Principal at the Catholic school.
(b) Head monk at the monastery.
(c) A local TV celebrity.
(d) Principal at the orphanage.
4. How much money does the man in #43 give to Jayber?
5. How is Jayber perceived at the orphanage?
(a) An athlete.
(b) A troublemaker.
(c) An artist.
(d) An observer.
6. What is Jayber's favorite duty in the church?
(a) Washing the stained glass windows.
(b) Ringing the bell.
(c) Straightening the hymnals.
(d) Polishing the pews.
7. What is the capital of Kentucky?
8. What does Troy plant in excess?
9. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
(a) The train station.
(c) The library.
(d) The Rosebud Cafe.
10. As Jayber settles into his life, he develops a passion for ________________.
(b) Old cars.
11. How does Jayber get his gardening skills?
(a) He buys some books.
(b) He joins a garden club.
(c) He learns by trial and error.
(d) Aunt Cordie teaches him.
12. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
(a) Mr. Kerrigan.
(b) Mr. Hayes.
(c) Mr. Feltner.
(d) Mr. Adams.
13. What is Jayber's given name?
14. To what town does Jayber go to get his hair cut?
15. How old is Jayber when Aunt Cordie dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
2. Who is the man who remembers Jayber as a child and returns him to Port William?
3. What habit does the person in #99 have after he has been drinking?
4. For what amount does Jayber buy the barber shop?
5. What is the men's party in the woods called?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)