Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayber find most striking about Mattie Keith?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her walk.
(d) Her voice.
2. Which Port William resident has a dream about his son in the war?
(a) Burley Coulter.
(b) Athey Keith.
(c) Sam Jackson.
(d) Mat Feltner.
3. In what state does Jayber live?
4. What does Jayber do sometimes when the church is empty?
(a) Plays the organ.
(b) Practices giving sermons.
(c) Sings really loudly.
(d) Takes a nap.
5. In what year was Jayber born?
6. What does Jayber dislike about the boy in #73?
(a) His sense of entitlement.
(b) His cruelty.
(c) His disrespectful attitude.
(d) His foul mouth.
7. Who is the woman with whom Jayber has a relationship?
8. Which of the following is NOT typical of Athey's farming style?
9. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
10. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
(a) Mechanized farming.
(b) Hybrid seeds.
(c) High veterinary bills.
(d) New fertilizers.
11. What is Stanley Gibbs' job?
12. What does Jayber purchase in order to keep up with the times?
(a) A television.
(b) A car.
(c) A radio.
(d) A refrigerator.
13. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
14. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He is too old to go into the military.
(b) He is a convicted felon.
(c) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
(d) He does not have any real objections to war.
15. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) A local TV celebrity.
(b) Head monk at the monastery.
(c) Principal at the Catholic school.
(d) Principal at the orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an old man, Jayber thinks that life is very little time and mostly __________________.
2. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
3. In what state does Cecelia Overhold's sister live?
4. Where does Jayber go to college?
5. Jayber goes to work ________________.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)