|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayber do sometimes when the church is empty?
(a) Practices giving sermons.
(b) Sings really loudly.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Plays the organ.
2. What does Troy plant in excess?
3. What does Jayber purchase in order to keep up with the times?
(a) A television.
(b) A car.
(c) A radio.
(d) A refrigerator.
4. What habit does the person in #99 have after he has been drinking?
(a) Chews caraway seeds.
(b) Chews gum.
(d) Eats hard candy.
5. Who is Mattie's mother?
6. Ray Overhold's climbs a tree to avoid being caught by his wife, _____________.
7. Where does Jayber go to college?
(a) Pigeonville College.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) University of Kentucky.
8. What business does Uncle Othy have?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A clothes store.
(c) A trucking company.
(d) A small store.
9. What is the men's party in the woods called?
10. Who is the man who remembers Jayber as a child and returns him to Port William?
(a) Burley Coulter.
(b) Buck Adams.
(c) Bob Gordon.
(d) Billy Whelan.
11. In what town was Jayber born?
12. What is Jayber's nickname until the age of ten?
13. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
14. With what element of nature is Jayber especially fascinated?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The river.
(d) The sky.
15. At what age does Jayber register for the draft?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jayber goes to work ________________.
2. Who is Mattie's father?
3. What event does Jayber recall that causes grief and angst among the people of Port William?
4. What employable skill does Jayber learn at the orphanage?
5. What does Jayber's shop become for the town?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)