|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Jayber a ride as he walks toward the city in #42?
(a) Johnson Hall.
(b) Ezra Worthington.
(c) Joe Tuttle.
(d) Sam Hanks.
2. In what town does Jayber live with his aunt and uncle?
(d) Squires Landing.
3. What is the capital of Kentucky?
4. What is the Grandstand?
(a) A men's hangout.
(b) A fairgrounds building.
(c) A college band.
(d) A bar.
5. With What does Jayber struggle regarding the church?
(a) Its doctrines.
(b) Its lack of compassion.
(c) Its financial practices.
(d) Its council
6. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
(a) The Thripples.
(b) The Halls.
(c) The Jacksons.
(d) The Watsons.
7. To what town does Jayber go to get his hair cut?
8. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
(a) The Rosebud Cafe.
(b) The train station.
(d) The library.
9. Why are so many people at the capital building?
(a) They are war protestors.
(b) They are attending a state funeral.
(c) They are flood refugees.
(d) They are holding a rally.
10. What is the atmosphere at the orphanage?
11. What does Jayber purchase in order to keep up with the times?
(a) A television.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A car.
(d) A radio.
12. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
(b) The whistles of trains.
(c) The look of the sky.
(d) The sound of the children.
13. At what sport does Troy excel in school?
14. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Korean War.
15. Who does Mattie Keith marry?
(a) Tom Gerard.
(b) Tony Miller.
(c) Troy Chatham.
(d) Terry Samuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT typical of Athey's farming style?
2. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
3. Who cuts Jayber's hair?
4. What is Jayber's nickname until the age of ten?
5. Who does Jayber mention recalling as she walked home past his shop?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)