|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes over Stanley Gibbs' job when he dies?
2. What does Troy plant in excess?
3. Who does Mattie Keith marry?
(a) Troy Chatham.
(b) Tony Miller.
(c) Tom Gerard.
(d) Terry Samuels.
4. In what town was Jayber born?
5. Jayber rationalizes that _____________ does not change God's mind.
(b) Wishful thinking.
6. In which war did Gladdie Finn lose her son?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
7. What business does Uncle Othy have?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A small store.
(c) A trucking company.
(d) A clothes store.
8. Why does Jayber enjoy cutting the hair of the older men?
(a) They have thinner hair.
(b) They are not too fussy about their hair.
(c) They always send their friends to see him.
(d) They have great stories.
9. What is the Grandstand?
(a) A men's hangout.
(b) A fairgrounds building.
(c) A college band.
(d) A bar.
10. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
11. Jayber goes to work ________________.
(a) Fixing cars.
(b) As a barber.
(c) Selling Bibles.
(d) On a road crew.
12. Why are so many people at the capital building?
(a) They are war protestors.
(b) They are flood refugees.
(c) They are holding a rally.
(d) They are attending a state funeral.
13. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
(a) Mr. Hayes.
(b) Mr. Adams.
(c) Mr. Feltner.
(d) Mr. Kerrigan.
14. Who are the black family who lives across the river from Jayber's aunt and uncle's farm?
(a) The Fewclothes.
(b) The Furlongs.
(c) The Frenches.
(d) The Feverfews.
15. Who is the woman with whom Jayber has a relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman in #63 injure Jayber?
2. How do most of the people in the region make a living?
3. In school, Jayber is taught that everything bad is attributed to _________________.
4. What does Jayber come to believe about the Bible?
5. What is the name of the town where Jayber lives?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)