|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Jayber recall Dark Tom's dog eating?
2. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
(a) Mr. Adams.
(b) Mr. Feltner.
(c) Mr. Hayes.
(d) Mr. Kerrigan.
3. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
(a) The Watsons.
(b) The Halls.
(c) The Jacksons.
(d) The Thripples.
4. Who does Jayber mention recalling as she walked home past his shop?
(a) Megan Witmer.
(b) Marla Grey.
(c) Marlene Winner.
(d) Mattie Keith.
5. Who gives Jayber a ride as he walks toward the city in #42?
(a) Johnson Hall.
(b) Joe Tuttle.
(c) Ezra Worthington.
(d) Sam Hanks.
6. Jayber recalls hearing about what dramatic weather in 1918?
(a) Ice storm.
(d) Dust storm.
7. What type of business does Jayber own?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Trucking company.
(c) Auto parts store.
8. What is Jayber's given name?
9. What does Jayber purchase in order to keep up with the times?
(a) A car.
(b) A radio.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A television.
10. At what age does Jayber register for the draft?
11. Which of the following is NOT typical of Athey's farming style?
12. How do most of the people in the region make a living?
13. In what town was Jayber born?
14. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
15. As an old man, Jayber thinks that life is very little time and mostly __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Roy dies, Jayber realizes that Cecelia had always seen Roy as ________________.
2. In what state does Jayber live?
3. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
4. Who is the uncle who takes Jayber when his parents die?
5. What is the Grandstand?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)