Short Essay Questions Key
1. Where is Jayber Crow's barber shop located and who are his patrons?
2. What is the premise of the book?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Jayber's interest in Mattie Keith?
4. What symbols does the author use to portray little Jayber's shattered life?
5. Who does Jonas live with after his parents die?
6. Who are some of the friends and neighbors little Jonas calls aunt and uncle while living with Othy and Cordie?
7. What is Jayber's tone as he, now an old man, recalls his life?
8. What is the symbolism of the river in Jayber's life?
9. How does little Jonas get the nickname "J?"
10. What is the philosophy of the orphanage and how does it impact Jayber?
11. Describe what life is like for J during his school years.
12. Why is J torn between the ministry and a secular life?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)