|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of Port William perceive Jayber?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is abusive.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He is marginal.
2. What does Jayber do sometimes when the church is empty?
(a) Plays the organ.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Sings really loudly.
(d) Practices giving sermons.
3. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Rosebud Cafe.
(c) The library.
4. Who is the man who remembers Jayber as a child and returns him to Port William?
(a) Billy Whelan.
(b) Buck Adams.
(c) Bob Gordon.
(d) Burley Coulter.
5. How does Cecelia interact with Jayber?
(a) She pretends he doesn't exist.
(b) She is flirtatious.
(c) She makes fun of him in public.
(d) She is hostile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at the orphanage?
2. Which Port William resident has a dream about his son in the war?
3. Into what type of building does Jayber move?
4. What is especially poignant about Jayber's choosing the woman he does?
5. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)