|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jayber goes to work ________________.
(a) Selling Bibles.
(b) On a road crew.
(c) Fixing cars.
(d) As a barber.
2. What is the Grandstand?
(a) A men's hangout.
(b) A bar.
(c) A fairgrounds building.
(d) A college band.
3. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He is too old to go into the military.
(b) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
(c) He is a convicted felon.
(d) He does not have any real objections to war.
4. How old is Jayber when Aunt Cordie dies?
5. By the 1960s, Jayber feels that the world has become ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pastry do Burley Coulter and Big Ellis bake?
2. Who calls to Jayber in a dream?
3. To whom do Athey and Della will their farm?
4. Why is Troy Chatham labeled 4-F by the army?
5. Why is Jayber rejected by the military?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)