|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jayber's nickname until the age of ten?
2. In which war did Gladdie Finn lose her son?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
3. Where does Jayber sleep on his first night back in Port William?
(a) A bed & breakfast.
(b) His barber chair.
(c) Burley's house.
(d) A hotel.
4. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
(a) The library.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Rosebud Cafe.
5. What does Jayber's shop become for the town?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) A voting place.
(c) A gathering place.
(d) A clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam Hanks refuse to do when Jayber cuts his hair?
2. Jayber recalls hearing about what dramatic weather in 1918?
3. Who is Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbor who spends a lot of time at the store but doesn't buy anything?
4. By the 1960s, Jayber feels that the world has become ___________________.
5. As an old man, Jayber thinks that life is very little time and mostly __________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)