|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) Head monk at the monastery.
(b) Principal at the Catholic school.
(c) A local TV celebrity.
(d) Principal at the orphanage.
2. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
(b) The sound of the children.
(c) The whistles of trains.
(d) The look of the sky.
3. The orphanage's belief is that order comes from _______________.
(a) Life experiences.
(d) The soul.
4. Which Port William family is severely divided over the Civil War?
5. Jayber recalls hearing about what dramatic weather in 1918?
(c) Ice storm.
(d) Dust storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
2. Jayber observes Mattie playing with the children at ________________.
3. What event does Jayber recall that causes grief and angst among the people of Port William?
4. Why is Troy Chatham labeled 4-F by the army?
5. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)