|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jayber's nickname until the age of ten?
2. With What does Jayber struggle regarding the church?
(a) Its financial practices.
(b) Its doctrines.
(c) Its council
(d) Its lack of compassion.
3. What does Sam Hanks refuse to do when Jayber cuts his hair?
(a) Have his hair washed.
(b) Have any styling gel added to his hair.
(c) Take the $5 that he had once given Jayber.
(d) Get a shave.
4. What does Jayber do sometimes when the church is empty?
(a) Sings really loudly.
(b) Plays the organ.
(c) Practices giving sermons.
(d) Takes a nap.
5. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber has quit.
(b) The barber is too old to work anymore.
(c) The barber moved to a bigger space.
(d) The barber just died.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Jayber register for the draft?
2. With what element of nature is Jayber especially fascinated?
3. In what state does Jayber live?
4. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
5. Whose hair is hardest to cut according to Jayber?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)