|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) Head monk at the monastery.
(b) A local TV celebrity.
(c) Principal at the Catholic school.
(d) Principal at the orphanage.
2. What is Cecelia Overhold's gripe with Port William?
(a) She has been voted off the City Council.
(b) She does not like the mayor.
(c) She feels she has come from the upper class.
(d) She thinks it needs a shopping mall.
3. For what amount does Jayber buy the barber shop?
4. Why is Jayber rejected by the military?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He has flat feet.
(c) He is not rejected.
(d) He has a heart murmur.
5. Whose hair is hardest to cut according to Jayber?
(a) Little boys'.
(d) Old men's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troy Chatham labeled 4-F by the army?
2. What does Brother Whitespade name Jonas?
3. How much money does the man in #43 give to Jayber?
4. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
5. Who does Jayber mention recalling as she walked home past his shop?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)