|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Troy Chatham labeled 4-F by the army?
(a) Heart murmur.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) A bad knee.
2. What is the capital of Kentucky?
3. What event does Jayber recall that causes grief and angst among the people of Port William?
(a) The attack on Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) Japanese internment camps.
(d) The stock market crash of 1929.
4. Why is Jayber rejected by the military?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He is not rejected.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He has a heart murmur.
5. What does Jayber dislike about the boy in #73?
(a) His disrespectful attitude.
(b) His foul mouth.
(c) His cruelty.
(d) His sense of entitlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In school, Jayber is taught that everything bad is attributed to _________________.
2. Who is the man who remembers Jayber as a child and returns him to Port William?
3. Why are so many people at the capital building?
4. What does Jayber come to believe about the Bible?
5. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)