|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Jayber lives?
(c) Port William.
2. Where does Jayber go after Aunt Cordie dies?
(a) A Catholic boarding school.
(b) His great-aunt's home.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A monastery.
3. How long does Jayber keep the shop open?
(a) He closes at 8 p.m.
(b) It varies from week to week.
(c) He is open as long as people are there.
(d) He closes at 6 p.m.
4. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Monongahela River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Ohio River.
5. What is Cecelia Overhold's gripe with Port William?
(a) She thinks it needs a shopping mall.
(b) She does not like the mayor.
(c) She feels she has come from the upper class.
(d) She has been voted off the City Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jayber's nickname until the age of ten?
2. What is one of Roy's failures according to Cecelia?
3. In what town does Jayber live with his aunt and uncle?
4. How is Jayber perceived at the orphanage?
5. As an old man, Jayber thinks that life is very little time and mostly __________________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)