|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jayber go after Aunt Cordie dies?
(a) A Catholic boarding school.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A monastery.
(d) His great-aunt's home.
2. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
(a) He won't be staying long.
(b) He is frightened of the changes.
(c) He is home.
(d) He never missed this place.
3. Who is the aunt who takes Jayber when his parents die?
(a) Aunt Cordie.
(b) Aunt Jean.
(c) Aunt Mattie.
(d) Aunt Delia.
4. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He is a convicted felon.
(b) He does not have any real objections to war.
(c) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
(d) He is too old to go into the military.
5. What does Sam Hanks refuse to do when Jayber cuts his hair?
(a) Have any styling gel added to his hair.
(b) Get a shave.
(c) Have his hair washed.
(d) Take the $5 that he had once given Jayber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
2. In what year was Jayber born?
3. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
4. At what sport does Troy excel in school?
5. Where does Jayber keep his money?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)