|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He is too old to go into the military.
(b) He is a convicted felon.
(c) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
(d) He does not have any real objections to war.
2. What is the men's party in the woods called?
3. What is notable about Dark Tom?
(a) He has a peg leg.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is an albino.
(d) He has one green eye and one blue eye.
4. Whose hair is hardest to cut according to Jayber?
(b) Old men's.
(d) Little boys'.
5. Who are the black family who lives across the river from Jayber's aunt and uncle's farm?
(a) The Feverfews.
(b) The Fewclothes.
(c) The Furlongs.
(d) The Frenches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jayber go after Aunt Cordie dies?
2. Who is Brother Whitespade?
3. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
4. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
5. At what sport does Troy excel in school?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)