|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
(a) He won't be staying long.
(b) He never missed this place.
(c) He is frightened of the changes.
(d) He is home.
2. What does Jayber never forget about a girl he never sees again?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her perfume.
(c) Her kiss.
(d) Her eyes.
3. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
(a) Wood shop.
(c) Reading books.
4. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) Card playing.
(c) Fox hunting.
(d) Liquor drinking.
5. What does Jayber dislike about the boy in #73?
(a) His sense of entitlement.
(b) His foul mouth.
(c) His disrespectful attitude.
(d) His cruelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
2. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
3. What is the Grandstand?
4. What is Jayber's given name?
5. What is notable about Dark Tom?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)