|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the aunt who takes Jayber when his parents die?
(a) Aunt Cordie.
(b) Aunt Jean.
(c) Aunt Mattie.
(d) Aunt Delia.
2. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
(a) Liquor drinking.
(b) Card playing.
(c) Poetry readings.
(d) Fox hunting.
3. What does Sam Hanks refuse to do when Jayber cuts his hair?
(a) Get a shave.
(b) Have his hair washed.
(c) Take the $5 that he had once given Jayber.
(d) Have any styling gel added to his hair.
4. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
(c) Wood shop.
(d) Reading books.
5. What does Jayber's shop become for the town?
(a) A voting place.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A gathering place.
(d) A clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at the orphanage?
2. How does the woman in #63 injure Jayber?
3. Who is the uncle who takes Jayber when his parents die?
4. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
5. How long does Jayber keep the shop open?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)