|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are so many people at the capital building?
(a) They are attending a state funeral.
(b) They are flood refugees.
(c) They are war protestors.
(d) They are holding a rally.
2. Who is Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbor who spends a lot of time at the store but doesn't buy anything?
3. Who does Jayber mention recalling as she walked home past his shop?
(a) Mattie Keith.
(b) Megan Witmer.
(c) Marla Grey.
(d) Marlene Winner.
4. Why does Jayber enjoy cutting the hair of the older men?
(a) They are not too fussy about their hair.
(b) They have great stories.
(c) They always send their friends to see him.
(d) They have thinner hair.
5. Jayber rationalizes that _____________ does not change God's mind.
(b) Wishful thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jayber perceived at the orphanage?
2. What does Jayber's shop become for the town?
3. How much money does the man in #43 give to Jayber?
4. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
5. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)