|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jayber pay for his college education?
(a) A benefactor.
(b) He gets a job.
(d) Bank loans.
2. Why does Jayber enjoy cutting the hair of the older men?
(a) They are not too fussy about their hair.
(b) They always send their friends to see him.
(c) They have great stories.
(d) They have thinner hair.
3. Why does Jayber get special privileges at the orphanage?
(a) His willingness to help others.
(b) His interest in the ministry.
(c) His excellent grades.
(d) His athletic prowess.
4. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber moved to a bigger space.
(b) The barber just died.
(c) The barber has quit.
(d) The barber is too old to work anymore.
5. Where does the man in #43 tell Jayber to go to get a job?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The trotting tracks.
(c) The library.
(d) The newspaper office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Ardmire?
2. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
3. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
4. What is the Grandstand?
5. Who gives Jayber a ride as he walks toward the city in #42?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)