|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber has quit.
(b) The barber just died.
(c) The barber is too old to work anymore.
(d) The barber moved to a bigger space.
2. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) Principal at the Catholic school.
(b) Principal at the orphanage.
(c) A local TV celebrity.
(d) Head monk at the monastery.
3. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
(a) Wood shop.
(c) Reading books.
4. How does Jayber pay for his college education?
(a) Bank loans.
(c) A benefactor.
(d) He gets a job.
5. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
(a) Mr. Adams.
(b) Mr. Hayes.
(c) Mr. Feltner.
(d) Mr. Kerrigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jayber rationalizes that _____________ does not change God's mind.
2. In what year was Jayber born?
3. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
4. What is the name of the orphanage where Jayber lived?
5. What business does Uncle Othy have?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)