Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jayber first opened his shop, the generation that was old and dying remembered _______________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
2. Who takes over Stanley Gibbs' job when he dies?
3. Who are Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbors and good friends?
(a) The Halls.
(b) The Watsons.
(c) The Thripples.
(d) The Jacksons.
4. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
(a) He never missed this place.
(b) He is home.
(c) He won't be staying long.
(d) He is frightened of the changes.
5. Jayber goes to work ________________.
(a) On a road crew.
(b) Selling Bibles.
(c) Fixing cars.
(d) As a barber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Jayber recall Dark Tom's dog eating?
2. What is notable about Dark Tom?
3. Who is Dr. Ardmire?
4. Why does Jayber get special privileges at the orphanage?
5. In school, Jayber is taught that everything bad is attributed to _________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)