|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jayber come to believe about the Bible?
(a) He doubts the literal truth of it.
(b) He has never read the Bible.
(c) He questions some of the passages.
(d) He believes every word in it.
2. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
(a) Monongahela River.
(b) Kentucky River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Mississippi River.
3. Who is the aunt who takes Jayber when his parents die?
(a) Aunt Mattie.
(b) Aunt Delia.
(c) Aunt Jean.
(d) Aunt Cordie.
4. What is the name of the orphanage where Jayber lived?
(a) Good Shepherd.
(b) Holy Family.
(c) Little Lambs.
(d) Saint Mary's.
5. What food does Jayber recall Dark Tom's dog eating?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jayber's given name?
2. What does Jayber feel when he returns to Port William?
3. What is notable about Dark Tom?
4. Who is Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbor who spends a lot of time at the store but doesn't buy anything?
5. Who are the black family who lives across the river from Jayber's aunt and uncle's farm?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)