|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical flaw does Jayber have to remind himself of Cecelia's hatred toward him?
(a) A limp.
(b) A chipped tooth.
(c) A missing finger.
(d) A scar on his cheek.
2. What kind of pastry do Burley Coulter and Big Ellis bake?
(c) A cake.
3. What is the Grandstand?
(a) A bar.
(b) A fairgrounds building.
(c) A college band.
(d) A men's hangout.
4. Why does Jayber get special privileges at the orphanage?
(a) His athletic prowess.
(b) His interest in the ministry.
(c) His willingness to help others.
(d) His excellent grades.
5. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Monongahela River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Kentucky River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Cecelia Overhold's sister live?
2. Who is Mattie's father?
3. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
4. Jayber goes to work ________________.
5. How is Jayber perceived at the orphanage?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)