|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
(a) Mechanized farming.
(b) High veterinary bills.
(c) Hybrid seeds.
(d) New fertilizers.
2. For which of the following does Jayber NOT pray?
(a) Good weather for the football game.
(b) God's will to be done.
(c) Good intentions for others.
3. What silent commitment does Jayber make to Mattie?
(a) To be the husband she deserves.
(b) To watch out for her finances.
(c) To support an orphanage.
(d) To become a minister.
4. What habit does the person in #99 have after he has been drinking?
(a) Eats hard candy.
(b) Chews caraway seeds.
(d) Chews gum.
5. What event does Jayber recall that causes grief and angst among the people of Port William?
(a) Japanese internment camps.
(b) The stock market crash of 1929.
(c) The attack on Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does Cecelia have for newcomers to town?
2. Jayber feels that Troy is essentially _______________.
3. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
4. Which of the following is NOT typical of Athey's farming style?
5. Which of the following is NOT an interest of Jayber's at the orphanage school?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)