|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Jayber a ride as he walks toward the city in #42?
(a) Sam Hanks.
(b) Joe Tuttle.
(c) Ezra Worthington.
(d) Johnson Hall.
2. What employable skill does Jayber learn at the orphanage?
(d) Auto mechanics.
3. Where does the man in #43 tell Jayber to go to get a job?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The library.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) The trotting tracks.
4. Who is Brother Whitespade?
(a) Principal at the orphanage.
(b) Head monk at the monastery.
(c) A local TV celebrity.
(d) Principal at the Catholic school.
5. Why does Jayber get special privileges at the orphanage?
(a) His willingness to help others.
(b) His excellent grades.
(c) His interest in the ministry.
(d) His athletic prowess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
2. What does Brother Whitespade name Jonas?
3. What is the Grandstand?
4. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
5. What is notable about Dark Tom?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)