|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
(b) The whistles of trains.
(c) The sound of the children.
(d) The look of the sky.
2. Where does Jayber sleep on his first night back in Port William?
(a) A bed & breakfast.
(b) His barber chair.
(c) Burley's house.
(d) A hotel.
3. Why does Jayber enjoy cutting the hair of the older men?
(a) They are not too fussy about their hair.
(b) They always send their friends to see him.
(c) They have great stories.
(d) They have thinner hair.
4. Jayber goes to work ________________.
(a) Selling Bibles.
(b) Fixing cars.
(c) As a barber.
(d) On a road crew.
5. In what town does Jayber live with his aunt and uncle?
(b) Squires Landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at the orphanage?
2. Who is the man who remembers Jayber as a child and returns him to Port William?
3. Whose hair is hardest to cut according to Jayber?
4. Where does Jayber go to college?
5. Who gives Jayber a ride as he walks toward the city in #42?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)