|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman in #63 injure Jayber?
(a) She throws a rock at him.
(b) She smashes a bottle over his head.
(c) She stabs him with a corkscrew.
(d) She slashes him with a knife.
2. Why does Jayber enjoy cutting the hair of the older men?
(a) They are not too fussy about their hair.
(b) They always send their friends to see him.
(c) They have great stories.
(d) They have thinner hair.
3. What is Jayber's given name?
4. Which of the following does NOT take place at the Grandstand?
(a) Card playing.
(b) Fox hunting.
(c) Liquor drinking.
(d) Poetry readings.
5. Why are so many people at the capital building?
(a) They are holding a rally.
(b) They are flood refugees.
(c) They are attending a state funeral.
(d) They are war protestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jayber when Aunt Cordie dies?
2. Jayber rationalizes that _____________ does not change God's mind.
3. Where does Jayber head in January of 1937?
4. Who is Dr. Ardmire?
5. With what element of nature is Jayber especially fascinated?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)