|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber is too old to work anymore.
(b) The barber has quit.
(c) The barber moved to a bigger space.
(d) The barber just died.
2. Where does Jayber keep his money?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A big wallet.
(c) An old postal bag.
(d) The hem of his coat.
3. What employable skill does Jayber learn at the orphanage?
(d) Auto mechanics.
4. Who is Jayber's aunt and uncle's neighbor who spends a lot of time at the store but doesn't buy anything?
5. Who are the black family who lives across the river from Jayber's aunt and uncle's farm?
(a) The Feverfews.
(b) The Frenches.
(c) The Furlongs.
(d) The Fewclothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Jayber head after leaving college?
2. Where does Jayber sleep on his first night back in Port William?
3. What business does Uncle Othy have?
4. As Jayber settles into his life, he develops a passion for ________________.
5. Ray Overhold's climbs a tree to avoid being caught by his wife, _____________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)