|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
(a) He needs to stand with the other men of Port William.
(b) He is too old to go into the military.
(c) He does not have any real objections to war.
(d) He is a convicted felon.
2. What is changing the way farmers run their farms?
(a) Mechanized farming.
(b) High veterinary bills.
(c) Hybrid seeds.
(d) New fertilizers.
3. Where does Jayber keep his money?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) An old postal bag.
(c) The hem of his coat.
(d) A big wallet.
4. How does Jayber pay for his college education?
(a) He gets a job.
(b) A benefactor.
(c) Bank loans.
5. What does Troy plant in excess?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troy Chatham labeled 4-F by the army?
2. What does Jayber purchase in order to keep up with the times?
3. Who is Athey's wife?
4. For what amount does Jayber buy the barber shop?
5. Where does Jayber meet the woman in #101?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)