|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at the orphanage?
2. What hope does Cecelia have for newcomers to town?
(a) That they are church-goers.
(b) That they have children.
(c) That they will stay for many years.
(d) That they are superior like she is.
3. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber is too old to work anymore.
(b) The barber just died.
(c) The barber has quit.
(d) The barber moved to a bigger space.
4. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Monongahela River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Kentucky River.
5. To what town does Jayber go to get his hair cut?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Jayber not register as a conscientious objector?
2. Who is the woman with whom Jayber has a relationship?
3. Which Port William resident has a dream about his son in the war?
4. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
5. Who is Mattie's father?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)