|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mattie doing when Jayber sees her in the cemetery?
(a) Lying on her child's grave.
(b) Planting flowers.
(c) Polishing a headstone.
(d) Clipping grass.
2. Jayber says he would recognize Squires Landing by ___________________.
(a) The sound of trout jumping in the river.
(b) The look of the sky.
(c) The whistles of trains.
(d) The sound of the children.
3. Who is the bank board member who sells the barber shop to Jayber?
(a) Mr. Hayes.
(b) Mr. Feltner.
(c) Mr. Kerrigan.
(d) Mr. Adams.
4. What river is Jayber intent on seeing after he leaves Lexington?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Monongahela River.
5. Why is the Port William barber shop building available?
(a) The barber has quit.
(b) The barber is too old to work anymore.
(c) The barber moved to a bigger space.
(d) The barber just died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jayber keep his money?
2. What does Jayber feel for Mattie?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Mattie?
4. Why are so many people at the capital building?
5. Jayber states that war and the economy are _________________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)