Chapters 1 and 2
* Jayber Crow's barber shop has been located in Port William, Kentucky for 32 years.
* Jayber started his business during the Depression and he is a respected figure in town.
* Jayber keeps his own hours and the barber shop is a social center of the town, especially for the men.
* Jayber recalls humorous stories of the townspeople but especially recalls watching Mattie Keith walking home from high school.
* Jayber, known as J since the age of ten, and now named Jayber by his customers, feels he is a possession of Port William.
* Jonas (Jayber) was born in nearby Goforth in 1914 and fondly recalls his mother's singing and his father's blacksmith shop.
* Jonas is sent to live with his Aunt Cordie and Uncle Othy after the death of his parents.
* Jonas lives with his aunt and uncle in Squires Landing and loves living near the river.
* Jonas is...
This section contains 2,672 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)