|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza tell her mother she must do for Eliza to reveal where Laura's body is?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Come forward with all information about her husband.
(c) Run away to New York with Eliza.
(d) Tell Eliza everything she knows about Laura's death.
2. What happens to Charlie in Chapter Six after he is caught sneaking out?
(a) Eliza reveals that they never saw each other on that night.
(b) He is no longer allowed to see Jasper.
(c) He is grounded.
(d) He and Jeffrey argue.
3. How did Rosie and Jack become friends?
(a) Jack would send presents to Jasper.
(b) Rosie convinced Jack to forgive David.
(c) Rosie would invite Jack to Sunday dinners.
(d) Jack asked for forgiveness.
4. What is the name of the martial arts punch Jeffrey Lu wants to master?
(a) The Bruce Lee Jab.
(b) The Kiwi Masher.
(c) The One-Inch Punch.
(d) The Cricket Bowler.
5. What ultimately killed Rosie?
(a) A post-surgical infection.
(b) Being ejected from the car.
(c) A traumatic brain injury.
(d) Her appendix.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jasper Jones's mother die?
2. How has color returned to An Lu's garden in Chapter Seven?
3. How do Charlie and Eliza walk to the glade in Chapter Eight?
4. Which of the following is a simile that Charlie uses to describe Eliza's beauty?
5. What advice of Mark Twain's does Charlie use when it comes to talking to Eliza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie so distressed to learn that his father has written a novel?
2. How is the town's response to the attack on Mr. Lu different from the abuse that Mrs. Lu suffers?
3. What do Charlie and Eliza encounter as they walk toward Jasper's glade in Chapter Seven?
4. How has the relationship between Charlie and Wesley Bucktin changed?
5. Who is Mad Jack Lionel, and why has he been calling out to Jasper all these years?
6. What truths does Eliza reveal about Laura's death?
7. How is the attack on Mrs. Lu an example of the social injustice that is so prominent in Corrigan?
8. In Chapter Eight, what has become of the members of the Bucktin family since Charlie discovered his mother's affair?
9. How has Jasper's father done after the death of his mother?
10. What has happened to Jasper's face in Chapter Five?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)