|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up leaving Corrigan in Chapter Eight?
(a) Pete Wishart.
(b) Charlie Bucktin.
(c) Ruth Bucktin.
(d) Eliza Wishart.
2. What derogatory nickname does Jeffrey keep calling Charlie in Chapter Six?
3. How does Charlie's mother handle his brush with the law in Chapter Six?
(a) She sits and cries silently throughout the whole ordeal.
(b) She rages against the state of the world in which they live.
(c) She tells him to go to bed and be ready to discuss it in the morning.
(d) She screams at and accuses Wesley of creating these problems.
4. Who has beaten up Jasper in Chapter Five?
(a) Mad Jack Lionel.
(b) The authorities.
(c) His father.
(d) The cricket team.
5. How does Charlie, after reading the book, now feel about Patterson's Curse?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Five, how long has it been since Laura's death and river burial?
2. Which of the following images from Chapter Seven uses a simile?
3. How do Charlie and Eliza walk to the glade in Chapter Eight?
4. What type of shoe does Charlie now wear in Chapter Seven?
5. What is new about the glade in Chapter Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues indicate that Mad Jack is not, in fact, a killer?
2. What are some clues that indicate the novel is set in the 1960s?
3. What has happened to Jasper's face in Chapter Five?
4. What do Charlie and Eliza encounter as they walk toward Jasper's glade in Chapter Seven?
5. How is it clear, in Chapter Seven, that Eliza feels capable and powerful in Charlie's company?
6. Charlie envisions leaving Corrigan with Jasper. Delve into some of the literary allusions he chooses for the journey. Do those stories bode well for the adventure he desires?
7. How has the relationship between Charlie and Wesley Bucktin changed?
8. Explore the beating of An Lu. What is the precipitating factor? Who are some prominent characters in the beating and in Lu's defense?
9. How does Jeffrey Lu become a Corrigan cricket legend?
10. During the cricket game in Chapter Six, what is happening between Charlie and Eliza?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)