|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call his punishment in Chapter Six?
(a) Ruth's Revenge.
(b) War on Freedom.
(c) Boxing Day.
(d) The hole.
2. Who has become Jeffrey Lu's role model by Chapter Seven?
(a) Jackie Chan.
(b) Mike Tyson.
(c) Evander Holifield.
(d) Bruce Lee.
3. What is Jasper Jones's ethnic heritage?
4. What caused the car crash that killed Rosie?
(a) The car slid on a sheet of ice.
(b) Jack did not have his driver's license.
(c) Jack overcorrected the car after hitting a pothole.
(d) It was too dark to see.
5. Which of the following does NOT meet the description of Mad Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what literary character does Charlie connect Jasper Jones?
2. On what day does Charlie's punishment in Chapter Six end?
3. Which of the following is a description Charlie does NOT use to describe Mr. Lionel in Chapter Seven?
4. What ultimately killed Rosie?
5. Why is An Lu attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Vigil make Charlie feel that he and Jasper have no real chance of finding Laura's killer?
2. Why is Charlie so distressed to learn that his father has written a novel?
3. Explore the beating of An Lu. What is the precipitating factor? Who are some prominent characters in the beating and in Lu's defense?
4. What do Charlie and Eliza encounter as they walk toward Jasper's glade in Chapter Seven?
5. How has Jasper's father done after the death of his mother?
6. How is the attack on Mrs. Lu an example of the social injustice that is so prominent in Corrigan?
7. What has happened to Jasper's face in Chapter Five?
8. How does Charlie handle the knowledge of his mother's indiscretion in Chapter Seven?
9. What are some clues that indicate the novel is set in the 1960s?
10. Who is Mad Jack Lionel, and why has he been calling out to Jasper all these years?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)