|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Chapter Seven skip back and forth between memories of the encounter with Mad Jack?
(a) To prove Mad Jack's guilt.
(b) To increase suspense.
(c) To confuse the reader.
(d) To make Jasper look foolish.
2. What character's appendicitis makes room for Jeffrey's big day on the cricket field?
(a) Jim Quincy.
(b) John Wishart.
(c) Jasper Jones.
(d) Warwick Trent.
3. What advice of Mark Twain's does Charlie use when it comes to talking to Eliza?
(a) "Those who do not read the news are uninformed. Those that do are misinformed."
(b) "Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great."
(c) "Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as you please."
(d) "It is better to shut up and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
4. What ultimately killed Rosie?
(a) A traumatic brain injury.
(b) Her appendix.
(c) Being ejected from the car.
(d) A post-surgical infection.
5. Why does Charlie see Wesley Bucktin differently after An Lu is attacked?
(a) Wesley Bucktin identifies the attackers for the police.
(b) Wesley Bucktin physically and verbally stands up for An Lu.
(c) Wesley Bucktin's quiet demeanor and lack of words puts an end to the attack.
(d) Wesley Bucktin single-handedly runs off all the attackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do Eliza and Charlie NOT encounter on their walk to the glade in Chapter Seven?
2. Why has Jack Lionel wanted to speak with Jasper for a long time?
3. Which of the following is NOT true regarding Charlie's response to discovering his mother's affair?
4. Which of the following is NOT a rumor about Rosie's death and Jack's involvement?
5. What new grown-up skill has Charlie acquired in Chapter Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeffrey Lu become a Corrigan cricket legend?
2. Explore the beating of An Lu. What is the precipitating factor? Who are some prominent characters in the beating and in Lu's defense?
3. What clues indicate that Mad Jack is not, in fact, a killer?
4. What are the clues that indicate that Mad Jack Lionel may not really be a serial killer?
5. How has Jasper's father done after the death of his mother?
6. Who is Mad Jack Lionel, and why has he been calling out to Jasper all these years?
7. What do Charlie and Eliza encounter as they walk toward Jasper's glade in Chapter Seven?
8. What has happened to Jasper's face in Chapter Five?
9. During the cricket game in Chapter Six, what is happening between Charlie and Eliza?
10. How is the attack on Mrs. Lu an example of the social injustice that is so prominent in Corrigan?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)