|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sarge treat Charlie so differently from Jasper?
(a) Mad Jack's stories have already gotten around to the sarge.
(b) Charlie's parents are friends with the sarge.
(c) Charlie is white.
(d) Jasper's father and the sarge are enemies.
2. What character's appendicitis makes room for Jeffrey's big day on the cricket field?
(a) Warwick Trent.
(b) Jim Quincy.
(c) Jasper Jones.
(d) John Wishart.
3. During the cricket match in Chapter Six, what does Warwick Trent keep calling Jeffrey?
(d) Bruce Lee.
4. The attack on An Lu takes place on what day?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) The day Jeffrey won the cricket match.
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. Who steps in to ease the tension over the attack at the vigil in Chapter Five?
(a) Mr. Wishart.
(b) An Lu.
(c) Wesley Bucktin.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue does Jasper find at Mad Jack's that seems to confirm the man's role in Laura's death?
2. After the cricket match in Chapter Six, what has Jeffrey become to the town of Corrigan?
3. Which of the following is NOT true regarding Charlie's response to discovering his mother's affair?
4. How has Jasper Jones's father NOT coped with the death of his mother?
5. What symbol does Charlie always associate with Eliza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie so distressed to learn that his father has written a novel?
2. How does Jeffrey Lu become a Corrigan cricket legend?
3. Explore the beating of An Lu. What is the precipitating factor? Who are some prominent characters in the beating and in Lu's defense?
4. What are some clues that indicate the novel is set in the 1960s?
5. How is it clear, in Chapter Seven, that Eliza feels capable and powerful in Charlie's company?
6. How has Jasper's father done after the death of his mother?
7. Who is Mad Jack Lionel, and why has he been calling out to Jasper all these years?
8. What has happened to Jasper's face in Chapter Five?
9. How is the town's response to the attack on Mr. Lu different from the abuse that Mrs. Lu suffers?
10. What clues indicate that Mad Jack is not, in fact, a killer?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)