|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Eliza reading in Chapter Three?
(a) Pudd'nhead Wilson.
(b) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
2. Who is guilty for the death of Sylvia Likens?
(a) The whole town where she was killed.
(b) Gertrude Baniszewski.
(c) Jenny Likens.
(d) The Likens parents.
3. From what sort of tree is Laura's body hanging?
4. When Charlie awakens in Chapter Two, what does he expect to find happening in his neighborhood?
(a) Policemen at his door.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(c) A massive search for Laura.
(d) Breakfast with his parents.
5. What is similar about Charlie's return home in Chapter Three to what happened when he returned Eliza home?
(a) His mother's actions mirror Mrs. Wishart's.
(b) The police have been searching for Charlie and Eliza.
(c) His father is angry at him.
(d) There is no one home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie call the terrible feeling in his stomach in Chapter Four?
2. When Charlie arrives at Jeffrey's house in Chapter Two, what is Jeffrey doing?
3. How has Jasper Jones NOT gained respect among the athletes of Corrigan?
4. Why does Jasper fear reporting the murder in Chapter One?
5. What famous Pudd'nhead Wilson quote resonates with Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie fall asleep thinking about in Chapter Three?
2. Explore Jeffrey and Charlie's use of curse words. How does the author use their vernacular to help clarify their friendship and who they are?
3. In what ways does Wesley Bucktin remind Charlie of Atticus Finch?
4. Describe the differences between Charlie's relationships with his mother and father.
5. Why do Jeffrey and Charlie spend so much time speaking in puns, especially those with a blasphemous tone?
6. Charlie loves American books about justice, especially in relation to race, Civil Rights, and the Civil War. How do these allusions help us understand Charlie?
7. Why might Jeffrey Lu takes great chances?
8. Why does Jeffrey really come to Charlie's window in Chapter Four?
9. Why does Jasper come to Charlie?
10. What is the purpose of the character of Warwick Trent?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)