|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why items does Jasper admit to Charlie to having stolen?
(a) Sound equipment.
(b) Expensive sneakers.
2. Who arrives at Charlie's window in the middle of the night as the book opens?
(a) Eliza Wishart.
(b) Jeffrey Lu.
(c) Jasper Jones.
(d) Laura Wishart.
3. Who is the mythical boogeyman of the town?
(a) Mad Jack Lionel.
(b) Boo Radley.
(c) An Lu.
(d) Atticus Finch.
4. Why does Charlie's dad give him a stack of American books on Civil Rights in Chapter One?
(a) Charlie is putting too much emphasis on sports.
(b) Charlie mentions feeling confused about Jasper's mixed racial heritage.
(c) Charlie claims to be bored during the summer.
(d) Charlie's teachers have said he needs help with reading.
5. What figurative language is used in the following quote: "my mother emerges from the house like an angry outlaw exiting a saloon" (99)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war is taking place during this novel?
2. What does Charlie's father's silence in Chapter Three remind Charlie of?
3. What does Charlie's dad call him to show respect?
4. For what do the larger boys NOT pick on Jeffrey?
5. Why does Mrs. Lu not chastise Jeffrey and Charlie for cursing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the use of allusions help to highlight some of the themes in Chapter Two?
2. How does Wesley Bucktin describe Laura Wishart, from a teacher's point of view?
3. Would you describe Jeffrey and Charlie's friendship as close?
4. How has the search for Laura changed in Chapter Four?
5. How does Charlie's research into killers affect the way he thinks about his town?
6. Describe the differences between Charlie's relationships with his mother and father.
7. What is ironic about Charlie's nickname for An Lu's garden?
8. Why does Jasper fear that he will be accused of Laura's murder?
9. What does Charlie fall asleep thinking about in Chapter Three?
10. Why do Jeffrey and Charlie spend so much time speaking in puns, especially those with a blasphemous tone?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)