|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie find Eliza in Chapter Three?
(a) Outside the bookstore.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the grove.
(d) Outside her house.
2. Why does Charlie feel like he can trust Jasper?
(a) Jasper's reputation is squeaky clean.
(b) Jasper is the only one willing to cut through the facade of the town.
(c) Jasper has proven his innocence already.
(d) Jasper has always been a good friend to Charlie.
3. Of what does Jeffrey jokingly accuse Charlie in Chapter Four?
(a) Of lying about his nightmares.
(b) Of abducting Laura.
(c) Of running awa.
(d) Of abducting Eliza.
4. What stolen object from Mad Jack Lionel's yard can make a child a mythical hero?
(a) A hubcap.
(b) A peach.
(c) A bird.
(d) An apple.
5. What topic do Jeffrey and Charlie NOT tease each other about in Chapter Two?
(a) How to get girls.
(b) The best super heroes.
(c) The best way to die.
(d) Their popularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is an example of a pun from Chapter Three?
2. Who is guilty for the death of Sylvia Likens?
3. Which of the following is NOT an injustice that concerns Charlie?
4. What of the following statements is NOT an indication that Charlie's relationship with his parents is strained?
5. When Charlie arrives at Jeffrey's house in Chapter Two, what is Jeffrey doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jasper's homelife.
2. What is ironic about Charlie's nickname for An Lu's garden?
3. What does Charlie fall asleep thinking about in Chapter Three?
4. What advice does Charlie's dad, Wesley, give Charlie about dealing with his mother?
5. What is it that attracts Charlie to Eliza Wishart?
6. Why does Jeffrey really come to Charlie's window in Chapter Four?
7. How does Charlie's research into killers affect the way he thinks about his town?
8. It is shocking that Jasper wants to hide Laura's body in the river. Does he respect her?
9. How does the use of allusions help to highlight some of the themes in Chapter Two?
10. How has the search for Laura changed in Chapter Four?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)