|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Charlie's house when Jasper and Charlie return to town in Chapter Five?
(a) Sue Findlay.
(b) Mr. Wishart.
(c) Eliza Wishart.
(d) The police.
2. How does Charlie, after reading the book, now feel about Patterson's Curse?
3. What derogatory nickname does Jeffrey keep calling Charlie in Chapter Six?
4. In Chapter Seven, what does Eliza say to Charlie about Laura's death?
(a) That Mad Jack is the murderer.
(b) That no one will ever find the girl's body.
(c) That she (Eliza) is guilty.
(d) That their father is responsible.
5. Why might Chapter Seven skip back and forth between memories of the encounter with Mad Jack?
(a) To confuse the reader.
(b) To increase suspense.
(c) To prove Mad Jack's guilt.
(d) To make Jasper look foolish.
6. Who created the rift between Jack and David Lionel (Jasper's father)?
(a) David's refusal to play football in college.
(b) Rosie's unintended pregnancy with Jasper.
(c) Rosie's death in a car crash.
(d) Jasper's birth.
7. Which of the following is a reference to a well-known event, work of art, fiction, or history?
8. What has "softened [Charlie and Eliza's] talk about leaving" Corrigan (294)?
(a) Visits to the Glade.
(b) Patterson's Curse.
(c) Watching movies.
(d) The capture of Laura's killer.
9. How did Jack Lionel memorialize Rosie's death?
(a) By convincing David to bring Jasper to come live with him.
(b) By throwing an elaborate dinner party in her honor.
(c) By sending flowers to the funeral.
(d) By scratching the word "sorry" into the car he was driving.
10. Which of the following is the image Charlie uses to declare his love for Eliza?
(a) "Jasper's glad fills our lungs and settles us down" (295).
(b) "I want to wrap it around my finger and make a ring out of it" (295).
(c) "We sleep in the tree hollow, snug and safe" (294).
(d) "I've got enough courage in me" (295).
11. Which of the following is NOT true regarding Charlie's response to discovering his mother's affair?
(a) He no longer feels like he must follow her directions.
(b) He cries in sorrow.
(c) He is surprisingly calm.
(d) He wants to push their car into the water.
12. What caused the car crash that killed Rosie?
(a) It was too dark to see.
(b) Jack did not have his driver's license.
(c) Jack overcorrected the car after hitting a pothole.
(d) The car slid on a sheet of ice.
13. Which of the following images from Chapter Seven uses a simile?
(a) "The veranda creaks unbearably loud" (234).
(b) "I march behind him like a tired infantryman" (234).
(c) "A mob of kangaroos bounces lazily across a paddock" (234).
(d) "He wears a pair of grubby gray work pants" (234).
14. Why does Jasper feel guilty about Laura's death?
(a) He yelled at her the night she died.
(b) He did not return her calls the night she died.
(c) He broke up with her two weeks before her death.
(d) He left to get some room from her.
15. How did Jasper Jones's mother die?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) Car wreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Charlie's punishment in Chapter Six end?
2. What advice of Mark Twain's does Charlie use when it comes to talking to Eliza?
3. Why is An Lu attacked?
4. To what literary character does Charlie connect Jasper Jones?
5. Who was attacked at the vigil in Chapter Five?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)