|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol does Charlie always associate with Eliza?
2. What mass mailing has arrived in Corrigan in Chapter Five?
(a) Wanted posters.
(b) Cricket flyers.
(c) Draft letters.
(d) Missing posters.
3. How is Mr. Wishart handling Laura's disappearance in Chapter Six?
(a) He is crying at every mention of her name.
(b) He is searching for her constantly.
(c) He is bribing the media to cover her story completely.
(d) He is drinking to block it all out.
4. How has Jasper Jones's father NOT coped with the death of his mother?
(a) He cuts town every chance he gets.
(b) He drinks himself into oblivion.
(c) He has blown his athletic career.
(d) He takes excellent care of Jasper's needs.
5. How long does Charlie's punishment in Chapter Six last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
6. What advice of Mark Twain's does Charlie use when it comes to talking to Eliza?
(a) "Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great."
(b) "Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as you please."
(c) "It is better to shut up and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
(d) "Those who do not read the news are uninformed. Those that do are misinformed."
7. What does Charlie call his punishment in Chapter Six?
(a) The hole.
(b) Boxing Day.
(c) War on Freedom.
(d) Ruth's Revenge.
8. Why does Jasper feel guilty about Laura's death?
(a) He did not return her calls the night she died.
(b) He yelled at her the night she died.
(c) He broke up with her two weeks before her death.
(d) He left to get some room from her.
9. Why might Chapter Seven skip back and forth between memories of the encounter with Mad Jack?
(a) To increase suspense.
(b) To prove Mad Jack's guilt.
(c) To make Jasper look foolish.
(d) To confuse the reader.
10. Whom do Eliza and Charlie NOT encounter on their walk to the glade in Chapter Seven?
(a) Drunk couples.
(b) Jasper Jones.
(c) The sarge.
(d) Ruth Bucktin.
11. The attack on An Lu takes place on what day?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) The day Jeffrey won the cricket match.
(d) Christmas Day.
12. To what literary character does Charlie connect Jasper Jones?
(a) David Wilson of Pudd'nhead Wilson.
(b) Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Randall McMurphy of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(d) Holden Caulfield of The Catcher in the Rye.
13. What type of shoe does Charlie now wear in Chapter Seven?
(b) Heavy boots.
(c) Pansy sandals.
14. What new grown-up skill has Charlie acquired in Chapter Eight?
15. On what day does Charlie's punishment in Chapter Six end?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) The day after Boxing Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT meet the description of Mad Jack?
2. How does Charlie, after reading the book, now feel about Patterson's Curse?
3. Why is An Lu attacked?
4. What is the title of Wesley's Bucktin's book?
5. What derogatory nickname does Jeffrey keep calling Charlie in Chapter Six?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)