|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jasper Jones's mother die?
(b) Car wreck.
(d) Heart attack.
2. Why is Jasper's last name Jones, not Lionel?
(a) Rosie gave Jasper her maiden name.
(b) When David and Rosie married, David changed his last name.
(c) Lionel is Rosie's, not David's, father, so the Lionel name would not pass down.
(d) That story remains unclear.
3. Chapter Six has a strange structure. How is it different from other chapters?
(a) This chapter goes back and forth between the present and the past tense.
(b) This chapter picks up with Eliza's point of view.
(c) Jasper Jones is never mentioned in this chapter.
(d) This chapter is told in dream sequence.
4. What symbol does Charlie always associate with Eliza?
5. How is Mr. Wishart handling Laura's disappearance in Chapter Six?
(a) He is bribing the media to cover her story completely.
(b) He is crying at every mention of her name.
(c) He is drinking to block it all out.
(d) He is searching for her constantly.
6. Which stories does Charlie not use to inspire his fantasies of leaving Corrigan?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Of Mice and Men.
(c) The Catcher in the Rye.
(d) On the Road.
7. Who steps in to ease the tension over the attack at the vigil in Chapter Five?
(a) An Lu.
(b) Wesley Bucktin.
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Wishart.
8. Which of the following is NOT true regarding Charlie's response to discovering his mother's affair?
(a) He no longer feels like he must follow her directions.
(b) He is surprisingly calm.
(c) He wants to push their car into the water.
(d) He cries in sorrow.
9. Why does Eliza tell Charlie she is not a good person?
(a) She says she knows things.
(b) She says that she does not support her parents enough.
(c) She says she is happy that Laura is gone.
(d) She says she has been unkind to Warwick Trent.
10. Why might Chapter Seven skip back and forth between memories of the encounter with Mad Jack?
(a) To increase suspense.
(b) To prove Mad Jack's guilt.
(c) To make Jasper look foolish.
(d) To confuse the reader.
11. When Charlie details the ways that Eliza reminds him of Holly Golightly in My Fair Lady, which literary technique is used?
12. How many times does Jasper come to Charlie's window during Charlie's punishment?
13. Which character does Charlie most dread leaving behind in Chapter Seven?
14. What type of shoe does Charlie now wear in Chapter Seven?
(a) Pansy sandals.
(d) Heavy boots.
15. Why is An Lu attacked?
(a) He is associated with communism and terror.
(b) He has been attacking and cursing neighbors and coworkers.
(c) His garden has created too many problems with the local ecosystem.
(d) He is associated with the war and with job loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Rosie and Jack in the car on the day of the crash?
2. What does Charlie call his punishment in Chapter Six?
3. Why has Jack Lionel wanted to speak with Jasper for a long time?
4. What ultimately killed Rosie?
5. How does Charlie feel when his father reveals his completed novel?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)