|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is An Lu attacked?
(a) He is associated with the war and with job loss.
(b) His garden has created too many problems with the local ecosystem.
(c) He has been attacking and cursing neighbors and coworkers.
(d) He is associated with communism and terror.
2. The attack on An Lu takes place on what day?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) The day Jeffrey won the cricket match.
3. Why is it easy for Charlie to sneak out of his house in Chapter Five?
(a) His mother is not home.
(b) His parents are both sound asleep.
(c) Neither of his parents cares about a curfew.
(d) His father is not home.
4. What is the title of Wesley's Bucktin's book?
(a) Lus Attack.
(b) Bucktin's Envy.
(c) Ruth's Anger.
(d) Patterson's Curse.
5. What does Jasper say in Chapter Seven will happen if Charlie and Eliza leave with him?
(a) Jasper will be reunited with his dad.
(b) Wesley Bucktin will have Jasper hunted down.
(c) Jasper will be accused of kidnapping the other two.
(d) Pete Wishart will be relieved.
6. What character's appendicitis makes room for Jeffrey's big day on the cricket field?
(a) Jasper Jones.
(b) Jim Quincy.
(c) Warwick Trent.
(d) John Wishart.
7. What new book is Charlie reading in Chapter Five?
(a) Tropic of Cancer.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(d) Innocents Abroad.
8. How is Jack's life NOT affected after the crash and Rosie's death?
(a) He lives with a massive amount of guilt.
(b) He is ostracized by his community.
(c) His leg is shattered.
(d) He is sent to prison for her murder.
9. During Charlie's punishment, what new book does he read twice?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) A Farewell to Arms.
(c) My Fair Lady.
(d) One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
10. Whom do Eliza and Charlie NOT encounter on their walk to the glade in Chapter Seven?
(a) Jasper Jones.
(b) The sarge.
(c) Drunk couples.
(d) Ruth Bucktin.
11. What is Jasper Jones's ethnic heritage?
12. How many times does Jasper come to Charlie's window during Charlie's punishment?
13. Which of the following is NOT true regarding Charlie's response to discovering his mother's affair?
(a) He cries in sorrow.
(b) He is surprisingly calm.
(c) He wants to push their car into the water.
(d) He no longer feels like he must follow her directions.
14. What type of shoe does Charlie now wear in Chapter Seven?
(a) Heavy boots.
(b) Pansy sandals.
15. Who could corroborate Charlie's story about Eliza in Chapter Six?
(a) Jeffrey Lu.
(b) Jack Lionel.
(c) Jasper Jones.
(d) Eliza's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was attacked at the vigil in Chapter Five?
2. Why has Jack Lionel wanted to speak with Jasper for a long time?
3. What does Eliza tell her mother she must do for Eliza to reveal where Laura's body is?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason behind the long length of Chapter Seven?
5. What treasured possession is stolen from Charlie in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)