|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeffrey's mother chastise him for being impolite in Chapter Two?
(a) He does not turn the radio off.
(b) He curses violently.
(c) He puts his feet on the couch.
(d) He takes the first snack serving.
2. Who comes to Charlie's window in Chapter Four?
(a) Jasper Jones.
(b) Jeffrey Lu.
(c) Doug Wishart.
(d) Eliza Wishart.
3. Of what does Jeffrey jokingly accuse Charlie in Chapter Four?
(a) Of lying about his nightmares.
(b) Of abducting Laura.
(c) Of running awa.
(d) Of abducting Eliza.
4. As he drinks in Chapter One, what does Jasper reveal about his family?
(a) His father refuses to provide even basic care for Jasper.
(b) His mother ran away when Jasper was a baby.
(c) His father is most likely the killer.
(d) His mother is cruel and a drunk.
5. Why might Silvey use curse words in developing the relationship between Jeffrey and Charlie?
(a) This use of vernacular sets them up as typical adolescent boys trying to be tough.
(b) Silvey wants to show how troubled the boys are.
(c) Silvey is attempting to be sensationalistic.
(d) The vernacular is used as personification.
6. As they walk out of the woods at the end of Chapter One, how does Charlie feel about Jasper?
(a) As though they are allies.
(b) As though he could murder Charlie, too.
(c) As though Jasper will turn himself in.
(d) As thought he must be guilty.
7. What happens when Charlie and Eliza get to her house in Chapter Three?
(a) Nothing. No one is home.
(b) The police apprehend both the children.
(c) Her father pushes Charlie out of the yard.
(d) Her mother comes out, screaming and calling Eliza a liar.
8. What book is Charlie reading in Chapter One?
(a) Pudd'nhead Wilson.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) The Sound and the Fury.
9. What movie does Charlie claim is giving him nightmares?
(a) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(b) My Fair Lady.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
10. What research captures Charlie's imagination at the library?
(a) Research on killers throughout history.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The truth about Mad Jack Lionel.
(d) Corrigan's history of serial killers.
11. Why does Mrs. Lu not chastise Jeffrey and Charlie for cursing?
(a) She never hears the boys curse.
(b) She has a foul mouth herself.
(c) She does not understand English curse words.
(d) She wants to be polite to Charlie.
12. Why is Jeffrey grounded in Chapter Three?
(a) His mother is tired of his insubordination.
(b) Chairman Wow repeated his curses.
(c) He missed curfew.
(d) He left the neighborhood without permission.
13. What murderer does Charlie NOT read about?
(a) Albert Fish.
(b) Jack the Ripper.
(c) Eric Edgar Cooke.
(d) Charles Manson.
14. Of what actress does Eliza remind Charlie?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Sophia Loren.
(d) Lauren Bacall.
15. How does the cricket coach handle the bullying toward Jeffrey?
(a) He calls parents.
(b) He cuts it off immediately.
(c) He puts an end to the game.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an injustice that concerns Charlie?
2. Which is an example of a pun from Chapter Three?
3. What war is taking place during this novel?
4. Who is the mythical boogeyman of the town?
5. For what reason does An Lu NOT stand out in Corrigan?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)