|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie's dad give him a stack of American books on Civil Rights in Chapter One?
(a) Charlie is putting too much emphasis on sports.
(b) Charlie claims to be bored during the summer.
(c) Charlie mentions feeling confused about Jasper's mixed racial heritage.
(d) Charlie's teachers have said he needs help with reading.
2. When Charlie details the ways that Eliza reminds him of Holly Golightly in My Fair Lady, which literary technique is used?
3. Which of the following is a simile that Charlie uses to describe Eliza's beauty?
(a) "She's beaming" (232).
(b) "She asks anxiously" (233).
(c) "She seems edgy" (233).
(d) "Her skin like milk" (232).
4. How did Rosie and Jack become friends?
(a) Rosie would invite Jack to Sunday dinners.
(b) Rosie convinced Jack to forgive David.
(c) Jack would send presents to Jasper.
(d) Jack asked for forgiveness.
5. What does Charlie call his punishment in Chapter Six?
(a) The hole.
(b) Boxing Day.
(c) Ruth's Revenge.
(d) War on Freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a rumor about Warwick Trent?
2. Who is Jeffrey's cricket hero?
3. For what reason does An Lu NOT stand out in Corrigan?
4. The fact that the peach mission does not go as planned in Chapter Nine is most likely intended to teach what theme?
5. What famous Pudd'nhead Wilson quote resonates with Charlie?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)