|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call the terrible feeling in his stomach in Chapter Four?
(a) The hole.
(b) The brick.
(c) The spot.
(d) The knot.
2. What has "softened [Charlie and Eliza's] talk about leaving" Corrigan (294)?
(a) Watching movies.
(b) The capture of Laura's killer.
(c) Patterson's Curse.
(d) Visits to the Glade.
3. Why is Jeffrey grounded in Chapter Three?
(a) He missed curfew.
(b) He left the neighborhood without permission.
(c) His mother is tired of his insubordination.
(d) Chairman Wow repeated his curses.
4. Why is An Lu attacked?
(a) He has been attacking and cursing neighbors and coworkers.
(b) He is associated with the war and with job loss.
(c) He is associated with communism and terror.
(d) His garden has created too many problems with the local ecosystem.
5. What mass mailing has arrived in Corrigan in Chapter Five?
(a) Missing posters.
(b) Cricket flyers.
(c) Wanted posters.
(d) Draft letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has another plan and, therefore, does not go to Mad Jack's to support Charlie in his suicide mission?
2. Who ends up leaving Corrigan in Chapter Eight?
3. Who does Charlie decide in Chapter Nine is "the bravest person I'll ever know" (300)?
4. What reason did Cooke give for his crimes?
5. Why does Charlie's dad give him a stack of American books on Civil Rights in Chapter One?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)