|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what actress does Eliza remind Charlie?
(a) Elizabeth Taylor.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Lauren Bacall.
(d) Sophia Loren.
2. Why is it easy for Charlie to sneak out of his house in Chapter Five?
(a) His parents are both sound asleep.
(b) His mother is not home.
(c) His father is not home.
(d) Neither of his parents cares about a curfew.
3. What does Wesley claim to do each night in his study?
(a) He says he reads and grades papers.
(b) He claims that the study is where he finds solitude.
(c) He says he does not really spend much time in the study.
(d) He claims to have written the great Australian novel.
4. What is new about the glade in Chapter Five?
(a) There is a memorial for Laura.
(b) Everything looks the same.
(c) The eucalyptus tree has been cut down.
(d) There is a sign that reads, "Sorry."
5. Why is An Lu attacked?
(a) His garden has created too many problems with the local ecosystem.
(b) He has been attacking and cursing neighbors and coworkers.
(c) He is associated with the war and with job loss.
(d) He is associated with communism and terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jasper NOT see at Jack Lionel's house in Chapter Six?
2. In Chapter Nine, what does Charlie ultimately decide is at the heart of WHY some people hurt others or stand by while people suffer?
3. Why is Jasper's last name Jones, not Lionel?
4. Which stories does Charlie not use to inspire his fantasies of leaving Corrigan?
5. Which of the following is an example of personification from Chapter Four?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)