|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack Lionel prove his identity to Jasper in Chapter Seven?
(a) He hands Jasper a newspaper clipping.
(b) He shows him photos of the two of them together when Jasper was a baby.
(c) He shows Jasper Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) He shows Jasper his driver's license.
2. Where does Charlie find Eliza in Chapter Three?
(a) Outside her house.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the grove.
(d) Outside the bookstore.
3. What figurative language is used in the following quote: "our flyscreen door claps against the side of the house" (99)?
4. How did Jasper Jones's mother die?
(a) Car wreck.
(d) Heart attack.
5. Chapter Six has a strange structure. How is it different from other chapters?
(a) This chapter is told in dream sequence.
(b) This chapter picks up with Eliza's point of view.
(c) This chapter goes back and forth between the present and the past tense.
(d) Jasper Jones is never mentioned in this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The memory of the peppermint trees at Eliza's house might be a symbol for which of the following?
2. What is the truth of Laura's death?
3. Which is an example of a pun from Chapter Three?
4. Why might Silvey use curse words in developing the relationship between Jeffrey and Charlie?
5. What does Charlie's dad call him to show respect?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)