|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately killed Rosie?
(a) A post-surgical infection.
(b) Her appendix.
(c) Being ejected from the car.
(d) A traumatic brain injury.
2. Why does Jeffrey admire Muhammad Ali?
(a) Ali was an attractive man.
(b) Ali always paid retribution to his bullies.
(c) Ali was wealthy.
(d) Ali used bullying as a reason to become strong.
3. Who ends up leaving Corrigan in Chapter Eight?
(a) Charlie Bucktin.
(b) Ruth Bucktin.
(c) Pete Wishart.
(d) Eliza Wishart.
4. Why is An Lu attacked?
(a) His garden has created too many problems with the local ecosystem.
(b) He is associated with the war and with job loss.
(c) He is associated with communism and terror.
(d) He has been attacking and cursing neighbors and coworkers.
5. Which of the following images from Chapter Seven uses a simile?
(a) "I march behind him like a tired infantryman" (234).
(b) "A mob of kangaroos bounces lazily across a paddock" (234).
(c) "The veranda creaks unbearably loud" (234).
(d) "He wears a pair of grubby gray work pants" (234).
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Five, how long has it been since Laura's death and river burial?
2. How does Jasper plan to buy himself some time to solve Laura's murder?
3. Why does Charlie most admire Batman?
4. What has "softened [Charlie and Eliza's] talk about leaving" Corrigan (294)?
5. What Vietnamees delicacy does Charlie love?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)