|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie's dad call him to show respect?
2. What is ironic about Mrs. Bucktin's admonishment for Charlie to "show some respect for your things!" (99)?
(a) She is showing no respect for her own son.
(b) We know that she does not care about his shirt anymore than he does.
(c) Her clothes are just as dirty as his.
(d) There is no irony in this statement.
3. What topic do Jeffrey and Charlie NOT tease each other about in Chapter Two?
(a) Their popularity.
(b) The best super heroes.
(c) The best way to die.
(d) How to get girls.
4. To what literary character does Charlie connect Jasper Jones?
(a) Randall McMurphy of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(b) David Wilson of Pudd'nhead Wilson.
(c) Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Holden Caulfield of The Catcher in the Rye.
5. What is similar about Charlie's return home in Chapter Three to what happened when he returned Eliza home?
(a) His mother's actions mirror Mrs. Wishart's.
(b) There is no one home.
(c) The police have been searching for Charlie and Eliza.
(d) His father is angry at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new book is Charlie reading in Chapter Five?
2. Who is Jeffrey's cricket hero?
3. Whom do Eliza and Charlie NOT encounter on their walk to the glade in Chapter Seven?
4. What does Eliza tell her mother she must do for Eliza to reveal where Laura's body is?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason behind the long length of Chapter Seven?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)