|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack Lionel prove his identity to Jasper in Chapter Seven?
(a) He shows him photos of the two of them together when Jasper was a baby.
(b) He hands Jasper a newspaper clipping.
(c) He shows Jasper Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) He shows Jasper his driver's license.
2. Why does Jasper feel guilty about Laura's death?
(a) He yelled at her the night she died.
(b) He did not return her calls the night she died.
(c) He broke up with her two weeks before her death.
(d) He left to get some room from her.
3. When Charlie details the ways that Eliza reminds him of Holly Golightly in My Fair Lady, which literary technique is used?
4. What reason did Cooke give for his crimes?
(a) He wanted to hurt someone.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) He was bullied.
(d) He had a bad family.
5. What book is Charlie reading in Chapter One?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Pudd'nhead Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mad Jack admit to killing in Chapter Seven?
2. Which of the following is a simile that Charlie uses to describe Eliza's beauty?
3. For what do the larger boys NOT pick on Jeffrey?
4. What famous Pudd'nhead Wilson quote resonates with Charlie?
5. What murderer does Charlie NOT read about?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)