|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Five, how long has it been since Laura's death and river burial?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) A season.
2. After the cricket match in Chapter Six, what has Jeffrey become to the town of Corrigan?
(a) A mascot.
(b) A hero.
(c) An outcast.
(d) A friend.
3. Why is Charlie an outcast in Corrigan?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is an athlete.
(c) He has no friends.
(d) He is a thug.
4. Who has beaten up Jasper in Chapter Five?
(a) The cricket team.
(b) The authorities.
(c) Mad Jack Lionel.
(d) His father.
5. What metaphor does Charlie use to describe the spotter planes in Chapter Four?
(a) Two flying monkeys.
(b) The horsemen of the apocalypse.
(c) Birds of prey.
(d) Two black dragonflies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was attacked at the vigil in Chapter Five?
2. When Charlie awakens in Chapter Two, what does he expect to find happening in his neighborhood?
3. On what day does Charlie's punishment in Chapter Six end?
4. The memory of the peppermint trees at Eliza's house might be a symbol for which of the following?
5. What advice does his father give Charlie in Chapter Three about dealing with his mother?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)