|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lu not chastise Jeffrey and Charlie for cursing?
(a) She wants to be polite to Charlie.
(b) She has a foul mouth herself.
(c) She never hears the boys curse.
(d) She does not understand English curse words.
2. Why is Jeffrey grounded in Chapter Three?
(a) His mother is tired of his insubordination.
(b) Chairman Wow repeated his curses.
(c) He left the neighborhood without permission.
(d) He missed curfew.
3. Of what does Jeffrey jokingly accuse Charlie in Chapter Four?
(a) Of lying about his nightmares.
(b) Of abducting Laura.
(c) Of abducting Eliza.
(d) Of running awa.
4. What is the current theory in Chapter Four about Laura's disappearance?
(a) She was meeting someone at the river.
(b) She had to get to Perth.
(c) She was kidnapped from her room.
(d) She was running away to New York.
5. In Chapter One, who has been murdered?
(a) Laura Wishart.
(b) Jeffrey Lu.
(c) Eliza Wishart.
(d) Holden Caulfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the larger boys NOT pick on Jeffrey?
2. As he drinks in Chapter One, what does Jasper reveal about his family?
3. When Charlie awakens in Chapter Two, what does he expect to find happening in his neighborhood?
4. The memory of the peppermint trees at Eliza's house might be a symbol for which of the following?
5. When Jeffrey joins the cricket game in Chapter Two, what can we infer about his character?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)