|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic do Jeffrey and Charlie NOT tease each other about in Chapter Two?
(a) The best way to die.
(b) How to get girls.
(c) Their popularity.
(d) The best super heroes.
2. Why is Charlie an outcast in Corrigan?
(a) He has no friends.
(b) He is an athlete.
(c) He is a thug.
(d) He is smart.
3. How does the cricket coach handle the bullying toward Jeffrey?
(a) He puts an end to the game.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He cuts it off immediately.
(d) He calls parents.
4. What is the title of Jeffrey and Charlie's Great Australian novel?
(a) Jasper Jones: The True Cricket Champion.
(b) Mark Twain, Harper Lee, and Australia.
(c) Pope on a Rope: Truth Will Set You Free.
(d) Truth McJustice and the Holy Grail.
5. What famous Pudd'nhead Wilson quote resonates with Charlie?
(a) "Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.”
(b) “When ill luck begins, it does not come in sprinkles, but in showers.”
(c) “As to the adjective: when in doubt, strike it out.”
(d) "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Jeffrey jokingly accuse Charlie in Chapter Four?
2. What research captures Charlie's imagination at the library?
3. Why items does Jasper admit to Charlie to having stolen?
4. Why does Charlie most admire Batman?
5. What stolen object from Mad Jack Lionel's yard can make a child a mythical hero?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)