|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jeffrey grounded in Chapter Three?
(a) His mother is tired of his insubordination.
(b) He left the neighborhood without permission.
(c) Chairman Wow repeated his curses.
(d) He missed curfew.
2. What is the current theory in Chapter Four about Laura's disappearance?
(a) She was running away to New York.
(b) She had to get to Perth.
(c) She was kidnapped from her room.
(d) She was meeting someone at the river.
3. What stolen object from Mad Jack Lionel's yard can make a child a mythical hero?
(a) A hubcap.
(b) An apple.
(c) A bird.
(d) A peach.
4. What does Wesley claim to do each night in his study?
(a) He claims to have written the great Australian novel.
(b) He says he does not really spend much time in the study.
(c) He says he reads and grades papers.
(d) He claims that the study is where he finds solitude.
5. Which of the following is NOT part of Jasper Jones's reputation?
(a) A thief.
(b) A liar.
(c) Honor roll student.
(d) A half-caste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Eliza reading in Chapter Three?
2. Why items does Jasper admit to Charlie to having stolen?
3. Which is an example of a pun from Chapter Three?
4. What is ironic about Mrs. Bucktin's admonishment for Charlie to "show some respect for your things!" (99)?
5. In Chapter One, what reason does the person give for coming to Charlie's house in the middle of the night?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)