|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie's father's silence in Chapter Three remind Charlie of?
(a) A coward.
(b) A child.
(c) A lump.
(d) A ghost.
2. As they walk out of the woods at the end of Chapter One, how does Charlie feel about Jasper?
(a) As though they are allies.
(b) As though he could murder Charlie, too.
(c) As thought he must be guilty.
(d) As though Jasper will turn himself in.
3. Which is an example of a pun from Chapter Three?
(a) Charlie's comparison of his father to Atticus Finch.
(b) The fact that Eliza's favority actress is Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Charlie's response of "it's a grave matter" when his father says the hole will need to be big enough for both their bodies (110).
(d) The insects who "busy themselves around my lamp" (111).
4. Why is Jeffrey grounded in Chapter Three?
(a) He left the neighborhood without permission.
(b) He missed curfew.
(c) His mother is tired of his insubordination.
(d) Chairman Wow repeated his curses.
5. What does Wesley claim to do each night in his study?
(a) He claims to have written the great Australian novel.
(b) He says he reads and grades papers.
(c) He claims that the study is where he finds solitude.
(d) He says he does not really spend much time in the study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Vietnamees delicacy does Charlie love?
2. What figurative language is used in the following quote: "our flyscreen door claps against the side of the house" (99)?
3. What topic do Jeffrey and Charlie NOT tease each other about in Chapter Two?
4. Who is Charlie's literary hero?
5. Who has died in Charlie's family?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)