|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of Laura's injuries in Chapter One?
(a) She has committed suicide.
(b) She has been beaten and hanged.
(c) She has no visible injuries.
(d) She has drowned and resurfaced.
2. When Charlie arrives at Jeffrey's house in Chapter Two, what is Jeffrey doing?
(a) Listening to pop songs.
(b) Listening to his mother sing.
(c) Listening to a cricket match.
(d) Listening to a Superman program.
3. What book is Charlie reading in Chapter One?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Pudd'nhead Wilson.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
4. Why does Jeffrey's mother chastise him for being impolite in Chapter Two?
(a) He takes the first snack serving.
(b) He does not turn the radio off.
(c) He puts his feet on the couch.
(d) He curses violently.
5. What stolen object from Mad Jack Lionel's yard can make a child a mythical hero?
(a) An apple.
(b) A bird.
(c) A hubcap.
(d) A peach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cricket coach handle the bullying toward Jeffrey?
2. Why does Charlie most admire Batman?
3. How has Jasper Jones NOT gained respect among the athletes of Corrigan?
4. In Chapter One, what reason does the person give for coming to Charlie's house in the middle of the night?
5. As they walk out of the woods at the end of Chapter One, how does Charlie feel about Jasper?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)