|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Silvey references past works of literature, he is using what literary device?
2. Who has died in Charlie's family?
(a) His little sister.
(b) His little brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His grandfather.
3. Why does Mrs. Lu not chastise Jeffrey and Charlie for cursing?
(a) She does not understand English curse words.
(b) She has a foul mouth herself.
(c) She wants to be polite to Charlie.
(d) She never hears the boys curse.
4. Why items does Jasper admit to Charlie to having stolen?
(c) Expensive sneakers.
(d) Sound equipment.
5. What stolen object from Mad Jack Lionel's yard can make a child a mythical hero?
(a) An apple.
(b) A hubcap.
(c) A bird.
(d) A peach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jasper plan to buy himself some time to solve Laura's murder?
2. Whom does Jasper suspect of killing Laura?
3. What is the title of Jeffrey and Charlie's Great Australian novel?
4. Why is Charlie an outcast in Corrigan?
5. When Charlie awakens in Chapter Two, what does he expect to find happening in his neighborhood?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)