|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they walk out of the woods at the end of Chapter One, how does Charlie feel about Jasper?
(a) As though he could murder Charlie, too.
(b) As though Jasper will turn himself in.
(c) As though they are allies.
(d) As thought he must be guilty.
2. Who is Jeffrey's cricket hero?
(a) Jasper Jones.
(b) Doug Walters.
(c) An Lu.
(d) Jack Lionel.
3. Where does Charlie find Eliza in Chapter Three?
(a) At the library.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) At the grove.
(d) Outside the bookstore.
4. To what literary character does Charlie connect Jasper Jones?
(a) Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) David Wilson of Pudd'nhead Wilson.
(c) Holden Caulfield of The Catcher in the Rye.
(d) Randall McMurphy of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
5. Why does Jeffrey's mother chastise him for being impolite in Chapter Two?
(a) He curses violently.
(b) He puts his feet on the couch.
(c) He does not turn the radio off.
(d) He takes the first snack serving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What figurative language is used in the following quote: "my mother emerges from the house like an angry outlaw exiting a saloon" (99)?
2. What happens to Charlie in Chapter Six after he is caught sneaking out?
3. Which character does Charlie most dread leaving behind in Chapter Seven?
4. When Silvey references past works of literature, he is using what literary device?
5. How does Eliza feel about her mother, as revealed in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)