|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie and Jeffrey's puns?
(a) The gray ghost.
(b) A Jew.
(c) I'm shocked.
2. What figurative language is used in the following quote: "my mother emerges from the house like an angry outlaw exiting a saloon" (99)?
3. Why is Jasper's last name Jones, not Lionel?
(a) When David and Rosie married, David changed his last name.
(b) That story remains unclear.
(c) Lionel is Rosie's, not David's, father, so the Lionel name would not pass down.
(d) Rosie gave Jasper her maiden name.
4. What sends Charlie racing from his room when he awakens in Chapter Three?
(a) His fear of a paper wasp.
(b) A date with Eliza.
(c) His mother's anger.
(d) His father's calls to breakfast.
5. What does Charlie call the terrible feeling in his stomach in Chapter Four?
(a) The knot.
(b) The hole.
(c) The brick.
(d) The spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jeffrey grounded in Chapter Three?
2. How did Jack Lionel memorialize Rosie's death?
3. In Chapter One, who has been murdered?
4. Why does the sarge treat Charlie so differently from Jasper?
5. What does Eliza tell her mother she must do for Eliza to reveal where Laura's body is?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)