|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends Charlie racing from his room when he awakens in Chapter Three?
(a) His fear of a paper wasp.
(b) A date with Eliza.
(c) His mother's anger.
(d) His father's calls to breakfast.
2. What famous Pudd'nhead Wilson quote resonates with Charlie?
(a) “When ill luck begins, it does not come in sprinkles, but in showers.”
(b) "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
(c) “As to the adjective: when in doubt, strike it out.”
(d) "Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.”
3. Why does Mrs. Lu not chastise Jeffrey and Charlie for cursing?
(a) She has a foul mouth herself.
(b) She wants to be polite to Charlie.
(c) She does not understand English curse words.
(d) She never hears the boys curse.
4. Who is the mythical boogeyman of the town?
(a) Atticus Finch.
(b) An Lu.
(c) Mad Jack Lionel.
(d) Boo Radley.
5. Why does Jasper fear reporting the murder in Chapter One?
(a) He knows he is guilty.
(b) He knows he will be blamed.
(c) He fears retribution.
(d) He does not care about Laura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Cooke give for his crimes?
2. When Charlie arrives at Jeffrey's house in Chapter Two, what is Jeffrey doing?
3. What murderer does Charlie NOT read about?
4. Who arrives at Charlie's window in the middle of the night as the book opens?
5. Whom does Jasper suspect of killing Laura?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)